Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to Kung Fu Magazine and it's Members

Thanks to Kung Fu Magazine and it's Members

Thank to KFM, Gene, and Mods for your hospitality for hosting the fight thread, and not shutting it down.

I can't say I'll be here more often, but I can say that I come away impressed by some of your posters. No Royal Dragon, you are not in that list.

I hope one day to see under the Style Field for a UFC Fighter:

STYLE: KUNG FU

My best to you all. Even Royal Dragon.

Thanks Anthony!!

I think the way this turned out was very good. You showed class and conducted yourself in an honorable way. You definetly gained my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_ATT View Post

I hope one day to see under the Style Field for a UFC Fighter:

STYLE: KUNG FU

My best to you all. Even Royal Dragon.
    Not the UFC of course, but not too bad either.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDVdH3e79CQ
    Bloodninja: I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory.

Well Cung Le is a San Da champ. So I guess that is considered Kung Fu.

Good fight Anthony. Good sportsmanship. Good technique. I viewed the vid. Although I did not post much in that thread, I did follow it along as much as possible.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Well Cung Le is a San Da champ. So I guess that is considered Kung Fu.

Good fight Anthony. Good sportsmanship. Good technique. I viewed the vid. Although I did not post much in that thread, I did follow it along as much as possible.
    oh please i dont think cung le studied a lick of kung fu. it was all tae kwan do and san shou, which technically is a part of kung fu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    -snip- san shou, which technically is a part of kung fu.
    Well there you go
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

You are welcome, Anthony_ATT

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'm surprised you didn't have Abel wearing a Got Gi t-shirt with the Got Gi Girls carrying him into the ring while Iron Crotch did a pre-fight demo.

Good fight Anthony and Abel. It was interesting enough that I actually was hoping to see it go longer.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I actually got a bone to pick with Gene. Back when you used to have offers for free tapes in the magazine there was several times I didn't get my tape after paying the S/H for it.

Yeah its about 7 years late but still........
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

7 years late

I wasn't even here seven years ago (unless you count my freelance work, but then I worked for IKF and BB too). What tape was it, Asia? Did you ever get it?

We still offer free videotapes although not many are still watching them. Most have moved to DVD. We've been slowly discontinuing our VHS line and transferring it to DVD. I'm not sure what we're going to do with the free offer in the magazine yet. We've been discussing that very subject lately.

If the got qi girls are going to carry anyone anywhere, it's not going to be Abel.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I wasn't even here seven years ago (unless you count my freelance work, but then I worked for IKF and BB too).
    A likely story!!!!!

What tape was it, Asia? Did you ever get it?
    I thin it was Chung I Chuan (or something like that) I never got it. I did get others but not that one and one about Ninja sword fighting by someone who has now been revealed as a fake ninja.

We still offer free videotapes although not many are still watching them. Most have moved to DVD. We've been slowly discontinuing our VHS line and transferring it to DVD. I'm not sure what we're going to do with the free offer in the magazine yet. We've been discussing that very subject lately.
    To be honest one of the reasons I subscribed to the magazine was for the free video offer. So I wouldn't do away with that, but VHS is going the way of the dodo.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

PM me your addy

If we still have those in stock here, I'll see what I can do. No promises, especially after seven years...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I thin it was Chung I Chuan (or something like that) I never got it. I did get others but not that one and one about Ninja sword fighting by someone who has now been revealed as a fake ninja.

Reply]
    I have it. Maybe on my next copy fest I can burn you a copy. That is assuming Gene doesn't fix things first.

Which of the 200+ pages has the fight link on it?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

A level headed MA brother like yourself is welcome anytime. It's the fringe kooks, on both sides, that grate on the nerves and waste everyone's time.

I fully expect to see some stand-up improvement in your next fight. You have plenty of feedback to assist you complete with video and that's about the best you can get.

You seem to be the type to fully take advantage of all that. Good luck in your future fights (unless it's with me ).
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.