Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to Kung Fu Magazine and it's Members

Where's Sifu Abel in all this?
    A unique snowflake

He is still in Florida. When he gets back, he's going to up load his angle of the fight, and remove the tombstone.

Is he OK?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

His ear is sore, and he messed up his finger punching Anthony in the head. Which is a testament to how hard Anthony is. Other wise he is fine.

No worse for the wear really. I am sure he's no worse off than Anthony is.

No really, where is the video?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Sweet your the man.

So did he catch that knee in his ear?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

I think he hurt his ear before the knee.

DM

His ear got dragged and folded on the mat right before the knee strike. Rudy said the way it hurt, he thought it had ripped, which is why he tapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    It's the fringe kooks, on both sides, that grate on the nerves and waste everyone's time.
    Word! (Truer words have never been spoken.)

Surritt Bros. Kung-Fu San Soo
    P.O. Box 4533
    Salem, OR
    97302-8533
    (503) 508-1117

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_ATT View Post
    Thank to KFM, Gene, and Mods for your hospitality for hosting the fight thread, and not shutting it down.

I can't say I'll be here more often, but I can say that I come away impressed by some of your posters. No Royal Dragon, you are not in that list.

I hope one day to see under the Style Field for a UFC Fighter:

STYLE: KUNG FU

My best to you all. Even Royal Dragon.
    at the 40 to 50 second mark what went down Anthony, like did he have you at all, or did you stop cuz the ref said break?...kinda grainy footage....good showing Abel, sorry to hear you gassed or your ear got caught dude has a lot of heft on you, like how you kept him off with the whole grab his arms and throw him into the wall and punch a lot technique.

Ear twist on the mat when he twisted out from under Anthony gave him a sharp pain and, thinking it was worse than it was (and in a bad position) he tapped. Seems he had a limit on what the fight was worth to him.

The knee came after the tap according to Anthony (with apologies). From my perspective I didn't see the tap but saw the knee and Anthony immediately letting him up. It looked a little funny at the time but now I know why. The knee might have caught the ear too which just made it worse. That's what Rudy was trying to avoid with the tap.

Both fighters have a lot to evaluate and learn from this encounter and I'm sure there will be changes in their training now.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Ear twist on the mat when he twisted out from under Anthony gave him a sharp pain and, thinking it was worse than it was (and in a bad position) he tapped. Seems he had a limit on what the fight was worth to him.

Reply]
    This is what I have gotten form phone conversations with him as well.

The knee came after the tap according to Anthony (with apologies).

Reply]
    Rudy says the same.

From my perspective I didn't see the tap but saw the knee and Anthony immediately letting him up. It looked a little funny at the time but now I know why. The knee might have caught the ear too which just made it worse. That's what Rudy was trying to avoid with the tap.

Reply]
    Correct.

Both fighters have a lot to evaluate and learn from this encounter and I'm sure there will be changes in their training now.

Reply]
    Anthony has already stated he going to do more work on his striking game. I don't know about Rudy. I think he's going to finnish his vacation and make whatever evaluations are needed when he gets home.

He has mentioned he is going to "Retire" from posting now that this is done though. I think that after all the years of arguing and what not, he finnaly proved his point. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    He has mentioned he is going to "Retire" from posting now that this is done though. I think that after all the years of arguing and what not, he finnaly proved his point. Time to move on.
    His decision, but that would be a shame. I have enough disagreements with him, but he's got style, and he sure as **** hasn't got anything to be ashamed of. All this bull**** about having ducked loads of fights is just that: internet bull**** - people get hot under the collar and accuse other people of all kinds of things. Means nothing. How many of those 'challenges' were 'real'?

Who cares anyway? He has more useful things to say than a lot of this board.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Gotta stop lurking then quoting this ******* I ignored!

its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan