Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Rush Limbaugh?

What is going on with Rush Limbaugh?

Did he really trash US soldiers? OR was he trashing some fraud who faked his military credentials?

I am sort of coming on this after the fact. Can someone who has been following this get me up to speed?

I was actually listening on the days he made his comments.

It was VERY clear he was talking about one particular soldier and others LIKE him who PRETEND to be in the military and make FALSE claims about atrocities that DID NOT happen in the war and NOT the claims made by his detractors that he was denigrating REAL soldiers who differ in opinion from him.

Rush has been given many honors by soldiers including an award from a Marine/Law Enforcement foundation upon whose board he has served.

Soldiers who actually LISTEN to his show have no problem with his comments because it was VERY CLEAR what he meant at the time.

One must be either dishonest or mentally deficient to characterize his comments differently.

I am not the biggest Limbaugh fan (I'm not the biggest fan of anyone really), but the accusations I was hearing on TV just do not sound right to me.

I heard his explanation, but I wanted to hear some opinions form those who actually heard him. My thought is maybe there were other comments made that he is not admitting to, to spin his way out of trouble.

Since I don't listen to him all that much, I figured I'd ask to see if someone else had.

Assuming his defense is true, what does that say about the news media today? They appear to be going on a which hunt and truth is totally out the window.

Makes me wonder if there are any places where the government and media has not gone insane? Maybe my idea to move to Costa Rica is not as far fetched as I think?

One thing I noticed, his attackers are NOT playing the sound bites of his actual words...highly suspect to me.

You can go to his website and read and listen to what he said directly. You don't have to take anyone's words for him.

His comments were a culmination of a few days of comments about one particular guy who claimed to be a war vet Army Ranger, purple heart winner who came back from Iraq and told stories about the atrocities committed by American troops ala John Kerry. This guy was paraded around by liberal groups and lauded by Democrat politicians. His comments were broadcast in Arab countries to demonstrate how horrible American and our soldiers are only to find out he washed out of boot camp after only 44 days. He never served in the Army or went to Iraq. There are a number of these PHONY soldiers and there are numerous websites available to find out about them. This guy and others like him are the PHONY soldiers to which Rush was referring.

Anyone who thinks differently is reading into his comments what they want to hear and their opinion says more about them and how they think rather than Rush. Rush is well liked and respected by most men in uniform.
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 10-04-2007 at 07:01 PM.

Rush was commenting about how this guy was just sentenced to 5 months in jail for falsifying his military record. He was also commenting that those who supported him and enabled his FALSE claims to be broadcast around the world have NOT corrected the record or apologized for their not doing proper homework. They broadcast his comments because they wanted to believe in what he said and therefore did not do due diligence in verifying even such a simple matter as his military record.

This PHONY soldier damaged America through his comments and the media that broadcast his comments without substantiation participated in this. This is the heart of his comments.

This was a smear campaign originated by Media Matters a Hillary Clinton front group. Some are thinking it is a response to the disastrous "General Betray Us" ad that was placed in the New York Times at half the going rate. This ad was meant to discredit General Patreaus's report on how the surge is going. It became an embarrassment for the Left so they are attempting the Logical Fallacy of "You're Another". Unfortunately, they have to lie in the the attempt and it is failing miserably as well.

All this is happening because of the political season and it will get worse before it gets better.

Here is a comment Rush made today concerning the soldier:

I kind of glossed over this, but the phony soldier being discussed on this program since last Wednesday, Jesse MacBeth, was born as Jesse Al-Zaid in 1984. Now, he did something interesting in January of 2006. After he told all of these lies, after he lied about his Purple Heart -- the guy never got out of boot camp. He washed out after 44 days. He was never a Green Beret, Special Ops, never anything, never went to Iraq. The whole thing was manufactured. Obviously, he had to do this on purpose with the intent of discrediting the US military. Now, these are the people, before they learn the truth, the Democrat Party embraces, sad to say. So he tells all these lies about all these soldiers that he saw hanging innocent civilians from the rafters of mosques and all this.

His words were spread all over the world on the Internet, they were translated into Arabic, and I'm assuming here that Al-Zaid is an Arabic name. So what we have here in the case of Jesse MacBeth, who, by the way, was originally embraced, he was like a hero to the anti-war left. They loved spreading the lies. Are there any retractions coming from them now? No. And there won't be. The truth is inconvenient. It is fiction that propels the anti-war movement, ladies and gentlemen. But in January of 2006, he joined Iraq Veterans Against the War, and he was welcomed into this group. It should raise questions about the mission. The Jesse Al-Zaids of the world do not represent most vets and those serving now. So he joins this group, and they welcome him. I don't know that he will ever be denounced by these guys.

He said that today? I saw the news trashing him this evening, AFTER he said that!

What gaul!!

They actually expect to get elected with a high school rummer mill like that going on?

My God how stupid are they?

People usually believe what they want to believe and ignore facts that get in the way of their fantasies/preconceived notions. We each filter our perception of the world according to our preconceived ideas about it. Our ego tends to ignore, reinterpret or redefine what comes into conflict with our preconceived notions. This makes it easier to believe what supports our preconceived views, otherwise we have to change ideas about ourselves and the world that form the foundation of our identity. It is easier to pretend a false-hood is true than to change the way we think about things.

We want the world to be the way we want it to be and not the way it IS!

Yeah, I do that all the time....of course I have KFM to beat me relentlessly untill I accept the truth, so I am a step above the rest of the world.

The fact that certain people paraded this guy around without even bothering to check out his credentials is mind-boggling.

Well, we all do it. The thing is to recognize we do it so we can hopefully try to be fair or reasonable when presented with information that conflicts with our world view.

The thing about Rush is that he takes some getting used to in order to understand him. He is a practical joker at heart; his pompous persona is schtick. He also behaves in certain ways to illustrate the true pompousness of others. If people do not listen to him on a regular basis they will not understand his humor.

One time he said he was going to buy his mom a new can opener so it would be easier for her to eat cat food. A Democratic congresswoman actually believed him and commented on it on the congressional floor, LOL!! He was commenting about how Democrats always say that increasing a government fund by say, 5% instead of increasing it by 7%, is the same thing as cutting funds. He was making fun of the Democrats and some of them took him literally. If you don't listen to him regularly you won't get the joke.
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 10-04-2007 at 08:28 PM.

Last time I actually paid attention to him, he was making some sort of silly comment that there are MORE trees today, than ever before.

That made me go and go back to FM for music.

He may be right about a number of things, but the environment ain't one of them.

A Democratic congresswoman actually believed him and commented on it on the congressional floor,

Reply]
    He actually is listened too enough for CONGRESS to comment on him?

I didn't know he was taken that seriously!