Thread: Jing Wu / Chin Wu Assoc. of Phillipines

Jing Wu / Chin Wu Assoc. of Phillipines

Hi all

does anyone have information / stories/ history/ trained at

the Chin Wu Athletic Association in Manila's Chinatown

especially the chut sing bak tong long kune and hung kune (hung gar) lines

Shakespear Chan (Xu Wei Peng) etc?

i heard that sadly the school / phillopines chin wu assoc closed down?

thanks
    Last edited by TongLongJai; 10-05-2007 at 05:26 AM.

Hey,

I live in manila/chinatown...
    here are a few associations for cma..
    mostly u find here fukkien styles..I would say Ngo Cho Kun has the 2 oldest associations..i never heard of chin wu association..well I only live here since a little bit more than a year but I have good friends with Sifu Alex Co and Sifu Henry Lo they know all the old stories..apart from my hung kuen school theres no more hung gar here..shakespear Chan retired from teaching,I know he was tang fong lineage...here are also ling nam association,chi ching wushu association they also teach 7 star mantis but the mainland china version..another association that closed down was hung sing...they had CLF and a style some claimed it was old hung kuen some say it was not..this was taught by Lao Kim.He is something like a legend here...
    more to come after I talked to my friends

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    TongLongJai, check your pm's.

Chin Wu

Chin Wu was established by Shakespeare Chan, it closed down many years ago. Sifu Chan later with some of his old students from Ling Nam open another school called Tibetan White Crane, but also closed down. Chan doesn't teach anymore. He got many students in Hung Gar and Mantis, Frank Rivera is one of them. I have learned some of his forms in Mantis, White Crane and Hung Gar through his former students during my stay at Ling Nam before. Alex Co was one of his non- Ling Nam students, another prominent student of Chan is Julio Kwong. Joseph Alzate a friend of mine was also his student before. Chan operates a hobby shop store called Lil's in Makati. Chan studied Mantis from Chiu Chi Man, Hung Gar from Lau Ke Tong (Liu Qi Dong) and White Crane from Ou Hai, but later trained with Ngai Yuk Tong. He published a Mantis Fist book with Alex Co, many decades ago. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TongLongJai View Post
    Hi all

does anyone have information / stories/ history/ trained at

the Chin Wu Athletic Association in Manila's Chinatown

especially the chut sing bak tong long kune and hung kune (hung gar) lines

Shakespear Chan (Xu Wei Peng) etc?

i heard that sadly the school / phillopines chin wu assoc closed down?

thanks

Thanks for the good information guys.
    Thanks for pm TenTigers.