Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Resisting Arrest

OT: Resisting Arrest

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/6414.html

This is a disturbing clip, as seeing a young girl scream like that is just uncomfortable. However, I can't fault the officer for how he handled this. What do you think?
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Resist arrest and you get what you get.

Yea, I agree here. The officer did the correct thing. He gave her ample time to stop resisting. Then after she bit him, that was it. The girl seemed like she was loaded anyways.

The girl was stopped for violating the city's curfew law.

This is the punishment for violating a city curfew law? sheesh.

This is just another example of a racist sh!thead cop doing what they do best.

That is using WAY to much force to subdue a 15 year old SKINNY girl.
    I mean look at his size compared to hers, he could have easily handcuffed her in a firm and safe way rather than doing this little abusive dance that he was doing with her.

I say excessive force. i say grandaddy's kkk genes swirling around in this pig's
    scr0tum took over.
    Down with racist cops, TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

It's not the punishment for the curfew law, it's the measure necessary to get her to stop resisting arrest. It's actually not a 'punishment' at all.
    Bless you

Problem is, the cop was a Kung Fu guy. Look at that weak Chin Na. Never woulda happened if the cop did BJJ.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

It's not the punishment for the curfew law, it's the measure necessary to get her to stop resisting arrest. It's actually not a 'punishment' at all.
    and its stupid and petty to arrest a child because of it. IF this was an ADULT i could see the whole hand cuffs thing and take ya down town, BS. However this was a Minor and a Female and of course she just HAD to be Black and get harrassed by a white cop. I could see several different ways of handling this other than what we saw on video. It WAS Excessive, and it WAS,whether you want to accept it or not, racially motivated.
    TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I'm not seeing any racial bias or improper conduct here. She wouldn't put her hands behind her back. She bit him.

Problem is, the cop was a Kung Fu guy. Look at that weak Chin Na. Never woulda happened if the cop did BJJ.

Reply]
    ROTFLO!!!!

TWS , I gotta disagree with you.

1) I didn`t see anything racist going on.

2) He WAS trying to cuff and control her in a firm manner, but it`s a whole lot harder to control someone when when your main concern is not injuring them. The first thing he said was that he didn`t want to hurt or force her because she was small.

3)Yes, when a cop finds a minor who`s violating a curfew law he`s bound to either take `em home or take them to the station so thier parents can pick them up. Can you imagine the lawsuit he and the city would be facing if he just told her to "head home" and anything happened to her after he left? She could be mugged, raped, kidnapped, or just hit by a car.

4) Most cities REQUIRE thier cops to cuff anyone they`re transporting, especially if they`re in an agitated state. It`s a matter of saftey for the officer and the suspect. In the last year alone I remember news stories about a teen killed by a car after he ran from the cops who were putting him into the back of the car uncuffed. In Toledo just a couple years back the cops had to shoot a mentally disturbed man that everyone said was sweet and harmless.Turns out he was also paranoid schitzophrenic, while the cops were taking him home uncuffed he reached between the seats and took one of thier guns. How much do you want to bet in both cases the families tried to sue the city for everything they could get?

I`ll be the first to admit there are some real *******s out there with badges, but most cops are just trying to do thier job. If people don`t want trouble with the cops, do what they tell you. Even if you swear you`re in the right, play along. You can always sort it out later. Crhis Rock said it best, "If the cops have to chase you down they`re bringin` an asswhoopin` with `em."
    Just my .02

Willow Sword- you've obvioulsy never worked in law enforcement.

That cop had no choice. He had to take her in. He couldn't take her in uncuffed and she sure wasn't letting him cuff her. I thought he showed quite a bit of restraint considering how uncooperative she was.

Water Dragon is right. If he would have put her on the ground, he would have been able to cuff her more easily and she couldn't have bitten him. Suspects are much easier to control on the ground than they are standing.

I haven't been following this forum lately, but I must ask: Willow Sword, are you actually serious or are you just trolling?

In case you are serious, your logic defies me. But hey, that's only me.
    ”The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.” Matthew Arnold

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post

This is just another example of a racist sh!thead cop doing what they do best.

That is using WAY to much force to subdue a 15 year old SKINNY girl.
    I mean look at his size compared to hers, he could have easily handcuffed her in a firm and safe way rather than doing this little abusive dance that he was doing with her.

I say excessive force. i say grandaddy's kkk genes swirling around in this pig's
    scr0tum took over.
    Down with racist cops, TWS
    Sure, there are racist cops. But I work in law enforcement administration, and I can tell you that curfew laws are how most wanted juvenile delinquents get caught. They're generally wanted for selling drugs (hard stuff, like crack, herione, etc) or violent crimes, and often are arrested while in possession of weapons.

You'd be surprised. And often, juvenile D's with Wants out on them are recalictrant and resistant, and very unpredictable.

I could go either way on that vid. It's always hard to sympathize with violence, especially against a teenage girl. But it's equally hard to sympathize with violence against a cop. You bite the tiger, you're going to get eaten. Teenage chicks are unpredictable and can do some damage.

I noticed it took forever for him to get the pepperspray out of it's holster.

Mika,

Willow has a reflexive distrust of authority and is completely impervious to logic. He has no enemies, but his friends dislike him intensely.

Other than that, he's swell.

That said, I second KF. The girl demonstrated two things: First, she was going to continue resisting; which could result in injury to herself or the officer; secondly, that she was perfectly fine with injuring the cop.

Pepper spray, with the exception of a small portion of the population that has a truly severe reaction, is a temporary, albeit unpleasant, incapacitating agent that allows the officer to subdue and control, reducing the risk of injury to him and the suspect. She was fine, I'm sure no more than an hour later, although when she washed her hair it probably sucked again.

Perfectly reasonable response to a suspect clearly resisting arrest. It was far MORE dangerous to the SUSPECT, to allow her to continue struggling. His actions actually improved the safety of the situation, IMO.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli