Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AHHHH! my knees!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Shoes make ankle locks and heel hooks easier.
    They also make passing half guard more difficult and decrease the 'stickiness' of your feet in open guard IME.

But wear them if you have a foot injury that needs to heal.
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement. i am so motivated i am foaming out of my mouth right now.
    I got a long way to go, the club only happens once a week so it'll be a long time before i get good, but good thing is i'm working on my striking everyday. Gonna ask them how to sprawl this week.
    thanks for the advice, my knee feel better already. i rubeed them a bunch of times and put a hot towel over it.
    I recommend you take another 3 weeks for it to completely recover before you go back to training

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    i'd call a 'pump' a 'bridge' by your description of what you're doing but my terminology is mostly based on wrestling...took me a while to figure out what a bjj guy meant by 'sweep'

and, good lord, 3 weeks? did I miss it or was a specific injury stated? if the knees are just sore w/ no sharp pain or weakness then get some knee pads, soak em in epsom salts or maybe even some jao and take a day or two off.

I don't know how old you are but age is a factor in healing too, of course.

me, I'm trying to find an exoskeleton to wear....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

hahah... yeah... sucks, don't it? My first 4 or 5 wrestling classes I ended up smashing my knees up and bending my toes at all sorts of weird angles. With classes once a week you shouldn't have any trouble healing up between classes... at least I didn't.

Keep at it... I only smash up my knees once in a while now... once your technique improves you'll figure ways of shooting on someone without smashing up your knees

As for the comments about sprawls, I can't imagine why you'd want to do it with your butt out. My wrestling coach referred to the technique as "pee in his ear". In the cage you'd be wearing a metal cup, so when he shoots on you, the idea is to ram that cup as hard as you can into the side of his head. Talk about iron crotch technique!
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice