Thread: Randy quits the UFC?!

Randy quits the UFC?!

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=5085

UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture announced his resignation from the Las Vegas-based promotion, leaving two contracted fights, his job as an on-air analyst and his heavyweight crown on the table.

In South Africa shooting scenes for his lead role in the upcoming feature film “The Scorpion King – Rise of the Akkadian,” Couture made the announcement official in a letter to UFC president Dana White. The UFC’s inability to land PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko played a prominent role in the decision to walk away, according to Couture.

“I appreciate this opportunity the sport of MMA and the UFC has given me,” the UFC Hall-of-Famer said. “However, I’m tired of swimming upstream at this stage with the management of the UFC. It only makes sense at this point in my career to fight Fedor Emelianenko, and since he’s now signed with another organization, I feel like it’s time to resign and focus on my other endeavors.”

it looks like it is true, second bad news I got today, today sux canal water really
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

that completely sucks. i wish he would have at least finished out the last two fight in his contract before stepping down. but he is always a legend and class act. so how will they determine the new heavy weight champ? who are the next two guys in line to vie for it?

Oh, the pains of merging two organizations.

I don't blame Fedor for his decisions, or Randy for his...it's unfortunate, but in 9 mo. or so I'll be watching for the M-1 Fedor/Couture fight.

It's lame that Zuffa didn't/doesn't continue the Pride Fighting.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford