Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Danny Bonaduce or how martial stupidity isn't limited to internet challenges

Yeah, I agree Fairplay brought this on himself, but I don't think he deserved to get his teeth knocked out.

Reply]
    When one acts in a reckless, and irresponsible manor, injuries occur.

Also, what of Danny had a bad back? Having torn disks my self, I can tell you 100% that if some one had jumped on me like that before I fully healed (a process that took years), I would have been bed ridden for days, if not weeks, and certainly hospitalized. Worse yet, If Danny did have a back problem, this knob could very well have made something that *Was* fixable into an perminant life long injury by doing that.

That's a good point, but the way I watch the tape, it doesn't apply. It looks like Bonaduce is totally capable of supporting the weight. But he may just be putting up a good front or riding some great pain pills. It would be a strong mitigating factor to me, but may I suggest that you don't exaggerate it into a "lifelong injury". I know about back problems and once they get that bad, you can't blame life's little mishaps for making them worse because if it's that bad, you can stay home in bed in "safety" (which actually makes you weaker), or risk real life.
    "My cookies are clean." some anonymous troll

I don't agree with RD much, but he is right. Jumping on someone and rubbing your junk in his face could easily fall under a sexual assault. Had I been Bonaduce, they would still be trying to drag me off that Fairplay moron.

As for it being planned, Fairplay had a police report filed. Filing a police report over a staged incident is a great way to get charged with a crime yourself.

Keeping in mind that we are in the "What if" context.

Bonnniducci was acousted by and uninvited attack. It was not by any means one of life's little mishaps. It was an intentional physical attack...and arguably sexual as well.

Although with the interview where Bonniducci claims he was actually worried about the guys hands on his throat, we may be mistaking the shaking motion for a sexual act, when he was in fact trying to strangle him.

1:54 http://youtube.com/watch?v=-q5raELYD...elated&search=
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 10-06-2007 at 10:27 AM.

I didn't mean it was staged, as in planned, just that it happened on a literal stage, and not in a bar, MA class, or dark alley. Filing the police report was probably just a part of his civil lawsuit checklist. This is what I mean about not escalating things. If possible, it's better to avoid trouble. If you really think you're in danger or being sexually assaulted, that's one thing, but if Bonaduce had got him off with no injury, everyone would talk about what an idiot Fairplay is and nothing bad about Bonaduce.

Well gents, this has been a fun conversation, BUT it is just too nice out to sit in here and play on the internet.

I'm going Hik'n !! See Yah!!

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Keeping in mind that we are in the "What if" context.
    It was not by any means one of life's little mishaps.
    I don't think it's that unusual to have someone jump on you when you're goofing around with friends. I had a girl half my size carry me downhill a few days ago. Uninvited is another story, but I've seen plenty of drunks do stuff like that at parties and clubs. That's why I put it into the "life's little mishaps" category.

Don't think the strangling thing holds water 'cause the guy is still holding the microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    But I mean, come on, there's undercurrents of rampant ****sexuality all over Jacka$$. Are you telling me if that stripper dude pulled off his pants, turned on his radio, and started bumping and grinding all up on you that you wouldn't sock him in the gut?
    I gotta be honest. If that guy from jackas did that to me all I would be able to do is laugh. Fairplay on the other hand is not funny whatsoever.

Now if the guy from jackas jumped on me and put his arms around me and humped me, then I would have a problem.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

That guy should have tucked and rolled. His own fault.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "Yeah, I agree Fairplay brought this on himself, but I don't think he deserved to get his teeth knocked out."
    He didn't "get his teeth knocked out," he fell on his face.
    He was being a total jerk, and he bought it, and now he's crying a s s a u l t.

Bonaduche was within his legal rights to do what he did. Somebody jumped on him and he pushed him off the only direction he could have- over his head.

If he would have followed him and punched or kicked him once he was on the floor, THEN it would be considered assault.

If anyone would be able to file charges or a civil suit, it would be Bonaduce, as the other person was the one who was putting him in a compromising physical position.

Bonaduce also named his son Count Dante Jean Michel Valentino Bonaduce

That's so messed up. How old is the kid? But I guess if I was the punk kid on the Partridge Family, I'd be messed up too.

I just had this Count Dante article cross my desk and thought I'd share it here:
    Self Defense
    The Martial Arts Industry
    By Chris "Lt. X" Pizzo Thursday, October 11, 2007

The martial arts industry is highly competitive, and to stay ahead you need an image that you can market to the public. Misrepresentations and outrageous claims have done a lot of damage to the martial arts industry, though, and Count Dante is a primary example.

In 1964, there were only 13 martial arts schools in Chicago, and two of them were owned by local boy John Keehan. Keehan trained as a boxer; after graduating from high school he joined the Marine Corps Reserves and later the Army, where he learned hand-to-hand combat and jujitsu techniques. After completing his service he trained with Robert Trias, who had opened the first karate school in the United States. After earning his black belt Keehan began marketing martial arts to everyone, not just soldiers and police officers.

In order to attract students Keehan put on tournaments, and trained anyone who wanted to learn practical martial arts meant for street fights. His students became members of his Black Dragon Fighting Society, and trained in either karate or judo. In 1967, Keehan changed his name to Count Juan Raphael Dante and began promoting himself in comic book ads, declaring himself the “Deadliest Man Alive.” Keehan told friends that his parents fled Spain during the Spanish Civil War and changed the family name; in reality, though, his family was Irish. Keehan had always been a dedicated martial artist, but he soon began to believe he was the comic book hero.

Controversy would follow Keehan for the remainder of his martial arts career as he made more outrageous claims. He said he had become a martial arts master by killing other masters in “death matches,” and reportedly challenged Muhammad Ali to a bout, a challenge the boxer’s camp ignored. He had kept a lion as a pet, and claimed to be a hairdresser for Playboy magazine. Some sources even say he trained gang members, and had ties to organized crime. During Chicago’s “dojo wars,” Keehan was charged with attempted arson when he tried to blow up a competitor’s dojo. Later he and some of his students attacked Black Cobra Hall dojo, and during the bloody fight Keehan’s best friend would be killed. By the time of his in death in 1975 from a bleeding ulcer, the infamous Count Dante was a burned-out and broken man.

Keehan’s story is a tragic one not just because he died so young, but because he had the potential to be a good martial artist. The problem was he began believing his own hype, and what started out as an over the top marketing campaign turned into a destructive lifestyle. He was among the first to teach combat martial arts and practical self defense techniques in the United States outside of the armed forces, but he made things overly complicated. He claimed he created many moves when he only renamed traditional moves. A martial arts instructor doesn’t have to be serene and calm all the time, and there is nothing wrong with making money, but an instructor should never sacrifice integrity or misrepresent martial arts. In the end, Count Dante damaged the reputation of lethal martial arts training and turned the title of martial arts instructor into a joke, simply because he wanted to feed his ego.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i have a new fond respect for bonaduce
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I remember barely being able to watch his reality show Breaking Bonaduce. At the time of that show he was a raging alcoholic and was losing his second wife; I hope that things have gotten better for him. I wouldn't wish the stuff I saw in that show on my worst enemy.