Thread: motivation to train

motivation to train

Dear all,
    At the moment I can only train from 11pm to 12.30am. I am getting too tired to train, due to a sleeping problem. How do you keep on motivating yourself to train, when you got other commitments?

Thank you
    Hitman

Good luck with that, the only worst schedule would be from 2 to 4 in the morning !
    No matter your motivation, you will soon lose it, unless you love the "night life".
    Even shift workers can't do it for overly long.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

midnite is no good for training.

soft/relaxation exercise or posture standing only, we practice in the morning and some breathing exercise.

some hard conditioning, punching and kicking bag/pad work in the afternoon 2:00 to 4:00pm.

some more hard stuff in the evening 7:00 to 9:00PM

--

something to do the hours of the day and "qi" flow or circadium of the day.

--

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Dear all,
    How do you keep on motivating yourself to train, when you got other commitments?

Thank you
    Hitman
    I don't like being fat. I train in martial arts for health reason.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Realize that your training is a little special time in the day where you can devote time to yourself.

Other commitments come during the day but this is a special time for a bit of personal work.

I get up at 6am and start training while its still dark. That way I can get everything done that I need to during the day. I look forward to the mornings because its a personal space for me. Instead of just working or doing chores then collapsing in front of the T.V. I commit to this time and work hard so I can see improvements over the months and years.

If you don't have the time, you need to create it. Whether its in the morning or night and make it a special and enjoyable time. Making it a chore will just lead you to quitting.
    Thanks

Leigh Robinson

Hand forged, Hand Folded Japanese and Chinese Swords including Katana, Jian, Dao, Qiang (spear)
    http://www.masterforge.co.uk

Education Centre & Forum for Bladed Weaponry.
    http://www.masterforge.co.uk/forums/

Chinese Sword Society UK
    http://www.chineseswordsocietyuk.com

The human bodies are made to adapt, so it should only be uncomfortable staying up for a while. Then your brain should make the necessary adjustments to keep you healthy. Good luck till that point though.
    "There is a point in every person's life when they choose to see through their own eyes" -Daniel09

"It is one thing to get over each others differences. It is something else entirely to think you can stop fighting over differences simply by avoiding them entirely" -Daniel09