Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Triad Gangs and Kung Fu

Blog Entries
    It was the KMT who established that and not any secret society although, secret societies did of course help to some degree.
    i'm sorry. established what?

when it came to installing Dr. Sun as the first president, the leader of the tong i belong to was indeed responsible for making that happen.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 08-16-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    i'm sorry. established what?

when it came to installing Dr. Sun as the first president, the leader of the tong i belong to was indeed responsible for making that happen.
    established the ROC.

And yes, I am aware as most kung fu guys tend to be that many of the anti-qing groups who were not commies supported the KMT.

Particularly the Hung Muhn.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Particularly the Hung Muhn.
    from the inside i can share with you as ross would say "with authority" that the Hung Mun always plays the middle road and will not burn bridges. i always thought the Hung Mun was in total support for Dr. Sun, but i've come to learn that it isn't really the entire picture that i was seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    from the inside i can share with you as ross would say "with authority" that the Hung Mun always plays the middle road and will not burn bridges. i always thought the Hung Mun was in total support for Dr. Sun, but i've come to learn that it isn't really the entire picture that i was seeing.
    I imagine that there was a lot of cloak and dagger going on. We are talking about establishing nations, fighting wars and putting down oppressive foreign regimes after all.

A lot of greasy back room action is happening. Even now as it happens in other forms around the world it can be seen.

Just gotta look.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I wish there were more triads in my county jail.....

Blog Entries
    I wish there were more triads in my county jail.
    sorry. we'll try to get to work on that right away. lol

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    This is a historical depiction of the Battle at Bannockburn in 17th century Scotland.

Nice find! Totally relevant!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERforge View Post
    Its quite possible that organisations this old will have their own martial styles and techniques. No doubt having special signals to recognise each other similar to the Masons.

I remember reading ages ago on the internet after being a little side tracked from research, about the Triads. It was how HSBC is owned by the triads.

The original bank Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation was created to finance British trade in the far east in 1865.

It argued that this would have been impossible without the cooperation of the Triads who had influence over the countries assets. They owned businesses, banks and had many government officials in their pocket.

So for Britain to trade successfully it had to cooperate with the Triads. This meant they were given a stake in Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation. This allowed the British to trade freely and also gave them access to otherwise closed markets.

This would make sense as a centuries old organisation would not be expected to operate on the same level of street thuggery that it began its life in.

If you look at HSBC's history it is one of acquisition. It grows through buying other companies aggressively. If those influences that created Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation still exist, they would be operating in a similar manner.

Notice the hexagon logo. It was created from the original Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation flag. Could it be a triad sign?

Whether I not this account is true, I simply do not know. But it made for some interesting reading.

What I am sure is that the Triads are not restricted to street crime, neither are the mafia. They get smart, rich and get into the financial markets. This has been proven.
    I would say that it is quite possible that the British did make a deal with the Triads to "lubricate" their way into Hong Kong's business ins and outs. Of course, one must also remember that the British were trading drugs in that part of the world through the East India Company and it is said that the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation was used to launder the profits from the British drugs trade (some say that this is still happening today, as the British still trade in drugs through their intelligence agencies - MI6/MI5, just like the US does, through the CIA):

"After the second Opium War which ended in 1860, the British merchant banks and trading companies established the Hong Kong and Shanghai Corporation as the central bank of the Far East drug industry. According to all research I have read about the drug network, the Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank, with its global connections, continues to be a financial centre for the drug industry to this day. 10

"The Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank now calls itself HSBC Holdings since China regained Hong Kong and HSBC owns one of the four British clearing banks, the Midland. This had a long advertising campaign calling itself the “listening bank” and the “bank that likes to say yes”. I don’t remember it mentioning the number of times its owners have said “yes” to laundering the profits of the drug industry which is destroying the lives of so many" - David Icke from his book, The Biggest Secret.

A funny thing is that I have noticed that either some schools are very patriotic as you see in their school, celebrating or praising the armed forces or they are actively involved in the organized crime.

I suspect that during those periods end of 1800s until 1949, martial artists were one way or the other heavily involved and we know many well known masters were the chief of militias, military stations and trained several armed groups.

Also, people don't mention the butcher of the organized crime during those times: Du Yuesheng, Big-Eared Du who was highly respected until his last days in Hong Kong. I wouldn't be surprised that many schools had the blessings of the big boss. May be we need to find more about the alliegances of schools in the organized crime.

Blog Entries
    Also, people don't mention the butcher of the organized crime during those times: Du Yuesheng, Big-Eared Du who was highly respected until his last days in Hong Kong. I wouldn't be surprised that many schools had the blessings of the big boss. May be we need to find more about the alliegances of schools in the organized crime.
    hmmm. i've never heard of a gung fu connection to the Ching P'ang. Hung Mun, yes, but nothing so far on gung fu schools involved with them.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Nice find! Totally relevant!
    im comparing it to the rediculous of beliefs in kung fu

*stroke beard

Start a gang bawang. I swear blood oath.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

im already in a gang called chang's cherubs

we all ave hair like elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    David Icke from his book, The Biggest Secret.
    Quoting David Icke eliminates credibility.