Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Triad Gangs and Kung Fu

Quote Originally Posted by mig View Post
    I don't think Du, a true killer, had practiced any martial art and during those times a pistol or a rifle was the short answer to any dispute. If you look at the slaughter of communists by Qingpang is quite noticeable that Du ordered under the instructions of big powers at that time in Shanghai. He's also known for his close ties with Nationalists and very little is know of him except that he was even more cruel than the Al Capone, another killer.

As for Doo, nothing related and don't know where Faruk got the leopard or any other invented name. And as for names, don't know where you can find white tiger in Southern China, may be an albino or another made up invention.
    Probably not in Sichuan either. I definitely have not found one person who's ever heard of the white tiger in Southern China. I can't find a reference for the white leopard either, so I must've been talking out of my ask me what I was thinking about when I pulled that one out: I have no idea.

But didn't they say Qing Bang was known for using meat cleavers? Wasn't that where they got the meat cleavers idea for Kung Fu Hustle?
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Blog Entries
    But didn't they say Qing Bang was known for using meat cleavers? Wasn't that where they got the meat cleavers idea for Kung Fu Hustle?
    meat cleavers are the primary tool of many triad soldiers.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

The book Ritual and Mythology of the Chinese Triads: Creating an Identity by Barend J. ter Haar mentions some stuff about martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post

Go watch it again.

Those were Axes, not meat cleavers. Their name was even "The Axe Gang"(斧头帮)

Blog Entries
    The book Ritual and Mythology of the Chinese Triads: Creating an Identity by Barend J. ter Haar mentions some stuff about martial arts.
    there are a few good books on the subject.

read this:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...BU8OEijw&pli=1

Hung Society:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=jNt...ths%22&f=false

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    If you check out David Icke, you won't be far into his ramblings before you can clearly make the decision that he is perhaps somewhat mentally unhinged.

seriously, the guy is OUT there.

we can all see the obvious and it doesn't take a genius to point out hypocrisy or inequity in our world, but this guy and his ilk? Yeah, borderline crazy.
    Look up some of his presentations on Youtube and watch them with an open mind (as opposed to a "know it all" mind )

The fact is that a lot more people USED to think he was mentally unhinged, than they do now. There is a good reason for that, and that is, a lot of stuff he was warning about is happening right now......

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish View Post
    Go watch it again.

Those were Axes, not meat cleavers. Their name was even "The Axe Gang"(斧头帮)
    Darn! I'm not getting anything right in this thread! But at least I got the area of Sichuan right (I hope) for Qing Bang.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

The Triads did use meat cleavers in "Nuns on the Run."

And David Icke is unhinged. He thinks that most of the political class in the world are secret reptile aliens from the hollow earth. Either he's insane or he's part of a secret Dr. Who viral advertising campaign.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Blog Entries

typical Triad Weapon

I used to have one of those chain whips - had to leave it in China as it is monstrously illegal in Canada.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Blog Entries
    I used to have one of those chain whips - had to leave it in China as it is monstrously illegal in Canada.
    even for gung fu schools?

I wonder if the five links whip is related to the Five Ancestors (symbolically) since the triad used this weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    even for gung fu schools?
    It would be iffy within that context. You could probably get away with it, but if you were transporting it to or from the school, and a police officer searched you, you'd be in a lot of trouble.

Chain weapons are particularly proscribed in Canada. Not really sure why.
    Simon McNeil

Blog Entries
    It would be iffy within that context. You could probably get away with it, but if you were transporting it to or from the school, and a police officer searched you, you'd be in a lot of trouble.
    yeah we always kept ours in the trunk and business cards showing the address of our school. still iffy tho. I was stopped once and the cop searched my trunk. he found a drum stick for lion dancing that had tape around the middle. he tried to claim it was a club of some sort. LOL.

LOL Yeah, in Canada that'd only happen if you were suspected of disliking the prime minister while he was in town for an economic conference.

Of course, if you are suspected of disliking the PM while he's in town for an economic conference, the police are likely to call a water bottle a weapon.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    And David Icke is unhinged. He thinks that most of the political class in the world are secret reptile aliens from the hollow earth. Either he's insane or he's part of a secret Dr. Who viral advertising campaign.
    Well, what is proven fact is that the elite political (and business/entertainment) class participate in occult ceremonies (which go back to Egypt and beyond). Such ceremonies, such as the ones in Bohemian Grove, historically attended by the likes of Richar Nixon, Ronald Reagan and the Yale University's Skull and Bones society, have been proven to EXIST, and even documented on film, with pretty disturbing scenes.

The object of these worship ceremonies - that have been happening in most cultures for thousands of years - is contact with entities, presumably none human ones.

I personally don't give two toses whether these entities are supposed to be reptilian or other, but the fact is that these disturbing occult ceremonies do EXIST and that the people in charge of our lives in apparently "free" and "Demorcatic" nations are members of SECRET societies that regularly carry out such ceremonies that again go back thousands of years.

Now, pseudo intellectuals such as yourself may rationalize this as just a bunch of people "having fun", but you are just fooling yourselves by burying your heads in the sands of profound fear (of what may turn up if you dig deeper) and ignorance, by ridiculing people who bring this info into the public domain.

However, when you look at the constant tragedies and internationally sponsored mass murders, and realize that the paper/money trail ALWAYS leads to these political and business elites, then you should wake up and smell the fish!!!