Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What is the difference between Akido, and Chin Na?

Talking

Mr. Punch,

Good points, thanks for the clarification on the translation but ikkyo, nikkyo and the like are indeed thought as specific techniques that convey those principles. There are in fact many applications to ikkyo, so I agree and understand your point.

YES, good (CORRECT) aiki is to create an opening. The breaks and throws happen if you choose to follow through and make them happen, so again I agree with your assessment.

Just as a point of clarification, I don't believe that the end-result is the wrist or elbow control. Those are merely start points or points of contact for the greater control which is the attackers center or torso. Look at any of my youtube video and you will hear me make that point many times. So in that we are in agreement.

THANK YOU for posting, its these sorts of points that and thoughts that SALVAGE these forums. For that I am grateful that you posted.
    Ismael Franco
    Tora Dojo Shinsei Budo
    www.toradojo.5u.com
    www.youtube.com/toradojonj
    email: tora.dojo.nj@gmail.com

As a long time practitioner of CMA, and a public supporter of Aikido, I invite anyone who is interested in trying aikido to come visit us and try a class free of charge any monday night:

www.shinbudokai.org

It is one dojo where CMA is respected and practiced by many members at some point in their martial wanderings.

-Lyle