Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MMA...Multiple Attackers

Thumbs down

and yeah if all you have done is
    karate and wing chun
    and supposedly shaolin (which style ??? there are hundreds of them)

how can you make a comment about mma which you so obviously know nothing of as a real mmaist trains the skills necessary to avoid being taken down and while down to fight effectivley there on the ground aswell

and its YET ANOTHER THING to try and tell mr punch whats what with aikido with himself a veteran aikidoka

who do you think you are ?

i have trained cma so i can comment on it
    i have trained wado ryu karate so i can comment on that aswell
    the same with tkd and mt and even to some extent aikido

i have trained in them so i can comment on them

i am a mixed martial artist so please dont try and tell everyone about what i do and how its worthless when u yourself come from a much more closed perspective(martially speaking) the same goes for aiki or any other art for that matter

lol proclaiming that u understand martial arts deeper than most
    how arrogant
    anybody who had truly understood and made use of martial arts in life would never make such a bold statement as that

as if you could see from everybody elses perspective

how very closed

now watch as he adresses none of the points i made
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Another level is situational awareness, avoidance and evasion strategies and tactics.

Also, there is a question of cultural occurrence as well. It happens. Up here it's called "wilding" when a group of usually youth, assault, attack and steal from otherwise innocent people.

A criminal activity.

But it is deeper than that. Each gang participant for the most part is coming from a familial or other situation that is not optimum for their development. There are a lot of hurting people out there who are young, have no real family or have suffered at the hands of their blood family and otherwise live in a perpetual cycle of fear and loathing. A gang, believe it or not gives them identity. -Belonging- is a principal attraction though in my opinion.

Your own psychology will have a lot to do with the odds of you winding up in a situation where you face the probability of multiple attack. Barring being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Having said that:

1) run

2) find a weapon (don't work to hard on it, keep running!)

3) yell "help" a lot as loud as you can (keep running!!)

Failing this, do your best.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

golden assthat,

if none of you mmaist talk trash about tma, this trhead will become a real discussion.

try to understand first before making post.

have you read my post on how to handle multiple attackers? did you try to understand it? obviously not.

for now you can start by trying to explain how you as mmaist can handle multiple attackers.

stop derailing.

Quote Originally Posted by jet64 View Post
    for now you can start by trying to explain how you as mmaist can handle multiple attackers.

Dude, listen. The MMA guys are saying you should not fight multiple attackers. We admit it's a losing proposition. It's sad that some TMA guys are saying you can.

Do you not see a contradiction here? TMA guys say that they will lose in one-v-one sportfights, but they can defeat many opponents at once if it's a no-rules streetfight. Do you not see how ridiculous this sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Do you not see a contradiction here? TMA guys say that they will lose in one-v-one sportfights, but they can defeat many opponents at once if it's a no-rules streetfight. Do you not see how ridiculous this sounds?
    Would you have an up'd advantage if you trained CMA, but were Shiva?

golden assthat,

if none of you mmaist talk trash about tma, this trhead will become a real discussion.

try to understand first before making post.

have you read my post on how to handle multiple attackers? did you try to understand it? obviously not.

stop derailing.

see there you go

he adressed none of my points like i said he would

if i was attacked by multiple attackers i would keep my guard up try and get them to a point where i'm more or less fighting one or 2 at the most at a time

when one tries to tackle me i would sprawl(a wrestling move) then stand back up into the clinch try elbows knees
    try to get alot of distance between myself and them and try and make all my strikes count
    if i was taken to the ground i would bridge up and roll (a wrestling move) and try and get back on my feet again
    and if i had the oppourtunity i would try a take down or 2 but not follow them into guard on the floor simply get up and get away

now like i said

HOW CAN YOU COMMENT ON MMA WITHOUT TRAINING IN IT

and the same for aikido

and how am i derailing the thread i put up several valid opints
    none of which you adressed

so now try and actually debate like an adult
    read my last 2 posts and ADDRESS WHAT WAS SAID

child
    Last edited by golden arhat; 10-10-2007 at 12:26 AM.

Golden Ass,

you're not getting my point, I separate grapplers and strikers. if your on mma as grappler, read my 1st post.

you said youll try knees strike then your not on the grappplers side. youll be on the strikers that i mention whos able to handle multiple attackers.
    again, read my first post.

Golden Ass,

you're not getting my point, I separate grapplers and strikers. if your on mma as grappler, read my 1st post.

you said youll try knees strike then your not on the grappplers side. youll be on the strikers that i mention whos able to handle multiple attackers.
    again, read my first post.
    MMA guys don't seperate Grappling and Striking they strive to be proficeint in both. So this is ignorant.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

You don't do MMA as a grappler. If you do, you aren't doing MMA. Modern MMA fighters know a variety of styles, pretty much always including muay thai or some style of kickboxing.

Edit: ****it asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Asia View Post
    The SMART pple on this thread are basicly saying that empty handed MA skill is not really going to be an advantage in a multiple attacker scenario. Best course of action is to get away or get a weapon. Both of which have their issues and don't really give you an advantage over them either it just makes it less disadvantageous.

The less smart pple think Aikido or Karate will give you an advantage over them. It won't.

A basic rule of thumb is if you can't beat one person you are not going to beat him when he has friends. Many idiots think that their art will magically bestow upon them skills to defeat a horde of attackers even though they get beat down by one guy consistently.
    And I agree with what you are saying. My question was going back a bit BEFORE that stage of application, though.

This is a bit of an OVER-simplification of my point but let me try this.

IF--- there was a method of dealing with multiple assailants it would probably require inflicting debilitating damage on the attackers. It also might also take some time to learn. (This is discounting for a moment that we are talking about h2h or a cold weapon as opposed to drawing as gun and hitting non-lethal targets such as the knees, ankles or hips. )

The first question is whether people would be inclined to take the time to actually learn such debilitating material, given that it existed.

The second question is, having mastered this debilitating material, would a person actually USE it?
    I know the reflex response to these questions is usually "yes" on both counts, but most times I really have to wonder. Thoughts?

Best Wishes,

Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce W Sims; 10-10-2007 at 07:34 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Asia View Post
    MMA guys don't seperate Grappling and Striking they strive to be proficeint in both. So this is ignorant.
    exactly

and yes jet keep not adressing anything ive said and calling me names
    you are obviously so much more advanced than us

seriously its like talking to a child

A basic rule of thumb is if you can't beat one person you are not going to beat him when he has friends. Many idiots think that their art will magically bestow upon them skills to defeat a horde of attackers even though they get beat down by one guy consistently.
    Nothing really needs to be said other than this simple fact.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zHG5k8Z285A

watch at about 00:35

this is how an mma takedown would work in a group fight

one throw onto concrete is enough to cause a serious brain injury so there is no need to go to the ground

but its still wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zHG5k8Z285A

watch at about 00:35

this is how an mma takedown would work in a group fight

one throw onto concrete is enough to cause a serious brain injury so there is no need to go to the ground

but its still wrestling
    I don't think that was the best example of what to do in a "group fight".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I don't think that was the best example of what to do in a "group fight".
    probably not

bare in mind that i'm nly talking about the take down

one of those would immediatly take out an attacker without going to the ground
    and its wrestling

simple as really