Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MMA...Multiple Attackers

[QUOTE=golden arhat;804417]
    seriously its like talking to a child
    Yes that is how I feel. ****ing kids!!!!
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce W Sims View Post
    And I agree with what you are saying. My question was going back a bit BEFORE that stage of application, though.

This is a bit of an OVER-simplification of my point but let me try this.

IF--- there was a method of dealing with multiple assailants it would probably require inflicting debilitating damage on the attackers. It also might also take some time to learn. (This is discounting for a moment that we are talking about h2h or a cold weapon as opposed to drawing as gun and hitting non-lethal targets such as the knees, ankles or hips. )

The first question is whether people would be inclined to take the time to actually learn such debilitating material, given that it existed.

The second question is, having mastered this debilitating material, would a person actually USE it?
    I know the reflex response to these questions is usually "yes" on both counts, but most times I really have to wonder. Thoughts?

Best Wishes,

Bruce
    I would weigh the likelihood of such an encounter to investing time in such training. I liken it to guys to take all sorts of "survival" training yet live in a city and the chances of them actually having to use any such skills are near zero. Same with MA, most pple who think and train for "da D3@d!y sTr33tS" probably will NEVER be in a situation to use it.
    Last edited by Asia; 10-10-2007 at 02:43 PM.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

theoretical boxing devlops no skill.

only application can give the required experience.

this is why someone who works at a job for 10 years is of more value to a company than someone who has studied th job for 10 years, but hasn't actually done it.

don't get me wrong, theory has value, but the ratio is 10:1 application v theory especially when it comes to fighting.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    You don't if you can avoid it. Either difuse the situation or run away. Any art that says you can routinely beat multiple attackers is full of it and should be avoided.

You forget hiten mitsurugi ryu!

Sorry, I just had to post that

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    theoretical boxing devlops no skill.
    Not following you here. What would be the theoretical basis for boxing not developing skill?

only application can give the required experience.
    Agree.

this is why someone who works at a job for 10 years is of more value to a company than someone who has studied th job for 10 years, but hasn't actually done it.
    Definitely agree.

don't get me wrong, theory has value, but the ratio is 10:1 application v theory especially when it comes to fighting.
    True. Sadly there are more that stay only in theory and don't want to test it.
    For instance: To date I have NEVER seen an Aikidoka successfully handle multiple fully resisting pple the way most claim they can. I've tested this myself against aikidoka, however whenever I bring that up I get referred to a demo of a Aikido multi attack with compliant ukes. They fail to see that its not the same thing.

That's because Aikido is too dangerous to do on a resisting opponent.
    Which is kind of true if you go by their view of how an attack will happen and what violence is. I did see an Aikidoka mess up the wrist of a karateka during a demo because he didn't realize that karateka don't do much Ukemi.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Asia View Post
    I would weigh the likelihood of such an encounter to investing time in such training. I liken it to guys to take all sorts of "survival" training yet live in a city and the chances of them actually having to use any such skills are near zero. Same with MA, most pple who think and train for "da D3@d!y sTr33tS" probably will NEVER be in a situation to use it.
    so whats your point? you havent tried training with multiple opponent.

[QUOTE=Asia;804552]
    Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post

Yes that is how I feel. ****ing kids!!!!
    hey kid, how old are you?

Asia - True. Sadly there are more that stay only in theory and don't want to test it.

you're probably one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jet64 View Post
    so whats your point? you havent tried training with multiple opponent.
    Actually I do it on a regular basis. Its my job.

Asia - True. Sadly there are more that stay only in theory and don't want to test it.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

You should probably know more about the person you are attempting to insult.

Because you are wrong.

[QUOTE=Asia;804637]Actually I do it on a regular basis. Its my job.
    QUOTE]

thats good! then share your ideas how handle multiple attackers. lets stick to the topic.

Actually I do it on a regular basis. Its my job.
    thats good! then share your ideas how handle multiple attackers. lets stick to the topic.
    I have been doing that. You on the other hand have been making rather ignorant remarks trying to throw out insults.

[QUOTE=jet64;804609]

hey kid, how old are you?
    i didnt say that and u know that look at my posts

i said its like talking to a child

asia said that

and yet again u havnt adressed anything that ive said soyou have proven what i said

child

and i'm 16 thanx
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.