With JKD being a PERSONAL liberation for a martial artist, shouldn't everybodys JKD be unique? It seems that the current trend sweeping the JKD world is BJJ. So many are getting their basis in that then they move on to other techniques. But JKD should be different to every person thus likewise appearing different because of the many different types of people (i.e. body structures, sizes, etc.)

It seems that every "system" of JKD has their own approach as far as methods and techniques. They all have the chi sao and wing chun techniques, muay thai and savate kicks, now adding the BJJ groundfighting, kali/arnis stickfighting, knife fighting, etc, etc... Instead of forms they do shadowboxing and combination drills. To me it seems that JKD is becoming quite formalized into a style and not a philosophy.

So what's the skinny? Hopefully somebody will school me on this so i can better understand. Whats so new about JKD's approach to fighting? The same concepts have been found in the Liu He (Nature Boxing) style for hundreds of years. I know that many martial arts styles have gone down the way side, but many haven't and they are continuing to grow.

Somebody help me out on this!!!!

Peace out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]