Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "Average" MMA

Finally, some one addressing the hear of the topic. THis is the stuff I wanted. Yeah, that "eye of the tiger" to use a horid phrase of a Rocky movie. Fighting is as much a mind set as it is a skill set. You have to have the heart and drive
    I addressed this in my very first post, MMA fighters are no different than other fighters ( technique aside), the fighter mindset is in all fighters, regardless of discipline.
    And the only way to understand it and deal with is to fight them, period.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Ohh, sorry. I must have misinterpreted what you were saying.
    I've only just discovered my error, and I'm going to have to replay whole sections of my life through my mind to see what confusions I may have caused or fallen foul of.
    --Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by southernkf View Post
    Ohh, sorry. I must have misinterpreted what you were saying.
    No worries.

Trying to focus on dealing with a fighters technique is a "first level" or "superficial" stage, where some end up "fighting the opponents fight".
    You wanna fight the intent, the mindset if you will.
    To understand what it means to fight a MMA, average or otherwise, one must simply fight them.
    Yes, technique and strategy are important, but they will vary from figher to fighter, sometimes to a huge degree as you go from combat art to combat art, but the basic mindset remains to be quite the same.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !