Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shi Dejian -Shaolin Xinyiba

where is/was Qian Zhi temple located?

Is there a link to a visual of this set of the Liu Hei XinYi school?

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post
    where is/was Qian Zhi temple located?

Is there a link to a visual of this set of the Liu Hei XinYi school?
    Qianzai Temple is between Shanxi province and Henan province, the same place that Chen Wang Ting and his two Li cousins developed Taiji out of the 13 Tong Bei Gong taught there.

The way that Xin Yi Liu He Quan does the Xin Yi Ba is like this (note how much their Xin Yi Ba is like Fanzi Quan, but still clearly like the Xni Yi Ba that Shi De Jian does):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJLg3GQfvw
    Last edited by Sal Canzonieri; 09-02-2008 at 08:40 PM. Reason: typo correction

When I was in Shaolin a few months ago we went on the mountain walk up Mt Song and over the ridge down to the temple.

On the way up there was a new temple being built about 2 hours into the walk.

At the time we thought nothing of it but since being back I have been told it is a new temple being built by Shi Dejian called the 3 heavens temple or something.

Apparently he is setting up a school up there which you will be able to go and train at - fully traditional of course

Sounds very exciting but apparently its causing a bit of talk down the hill..

I tell you what though if its going ahead -Im there with bells on, training on the mountain with him for a few weeks would be priceless.

Gene - have you heard anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktiger View Post
    When I was in Shaolin a few months ago we went on the mountain walk up Mt Song and over the ridge down to the temple.

On the way up there was a new temple being built about 2 hours into the walk.

At the time we thought nothing of it but since being back I have been told it is a new temple being built by Shi Dejian called the 3 heavens temple or something.

Apparently he is setting up a school up there which you will be able to go and train at - fully traditional of course

Sounds very exciting but apparently its causing a bit of talk down the hill..

I tell you what though if its going ahead -Im there with bells on, training on the mountain with him for a few weeks would be priceless.

Gene - have you heard anything about this?

I would like to know about this as well.

Far as I heard the new school is just about done being built.
    They are welcoming foreigners, since locals don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    Far as I heard the new school is just about done being built.
    They are welcoming foreigners, since locals don't care.
    They don't care about the school or the foreigners?

There are small secluded refuges all over Songshan

As for Dejian's place, if you catch the BBC documentary Extreme Pilgrim, the filmmakers venture up there. I'm not sure if this is the same one that Blacktiger is referring to - that might be something new. Dejian has always been know to vanish up into the mountains frequently. I'm not sure exactly when he built the brick & mortar place in EP - perhaps within the last five years or so, but that's just my guess. He has a small group of disciples up there. Training is intense. The disciples need to bear walk all the supplies in over sketchy stone pathways every day, just like the old chop wood, carry water tales of old Shaolin. Note that Dejian's place is a private facility, strictly for his disciples. I don't think its an official building of Shaolin Temple

I just got some pics of the new Avalokiteshavara statue in the new disciples hall. I'm not sure if that's the old Temple of Four Directions (which was traditionally a lodging for traveling disciples) or something completely new. Anyone been to Shaolin recently that knows? I'll find out more too and let you know (although probably in print only )
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

got some videos of him , on my youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/chanboxer

i am researching shaolin xin yi ba at the moment so i made a channel on it
    Last edited by chanboxer; 08-31-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    As for Dejian's place, if you catch the BBC documentary Extreme Pilgrim, the filmmakers venture up there. I'm not sure if this is the same one that Blacktiger is referring to - that might be something new. Dejian has always been know to vanish up into the mountains frequently. I'm not sure exactly when he built the brick & mortar place in EP - perhaps within the last five years or so, but that's just my guess. He has a small group of disciples up there. Training is intense. The disciples need to bear walk all the supplies in over sketchy stone pathways every day, just like the old chop wood, carry water tales of old Shaolin. Note that Dejian's place is a private facility, strictly for his disciples. I don't think its an official building of Shaolin Temple

I just got some pics of the new Avalokiteshavara statue in the new disciples hall. I'm not sure if that's the old Temple of Four Directions (which was traditionally a lodging for traveling disciples) or something completely new. Anyone been to Shaolin recently that knows? I'll find out more too and let you know (although probably in print only )
    (Bold Text Added)

As far Master De Jian's Lineage tells us, it is indeed Shaolin, although unclear if current Abbot Yong Xin put some "official" stamp on it. - but I never saw it is strictly for his disciples, as many documentaries we have now (maybe after your post too!) show he heals many local people there and seems like the buddhist hall is open to public?

- This youtube clip has them talking at the monastery in question..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBixgtt7gOo

Judging by these documentaries, it doesn't seem Master De Jian would care much for having tourists flood it, or teach non-committed buddhists, so it is safe to say it is a monastery for practicing buddhism first and foremost. Perhaps Yong Xin's stamp would unwelcomingly come with strong government relations he carries, and thus the 5 star tourism requirements, heavy traffic, etc etc

From Master De Jian's Student Chan SuiYin, ChanWuYi founding of YongHuaTong Shaolin Branch we can read a bit more on YongHuaTong and this branch of Shaolin.

Seems quite a quaint place as Gene suggests with few disciples living there laboring in traditional chinese (And shaolin) fashion

Official

Thought I saw this somewhere

http://photo.blog.sina.com.cn/list/b...uid=1295091574

It was his Shaolin Master SuXi who not only had ordered him to go into seclusion (possibly in lieu of coming events), but who had put the Shaolin stamp on it (literally) as abbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Thought I saw this somewhere

http://photo.blog.sina.com.cn/list/b...uid=1295091574

It was his Shaolin Master SuXi who not only had ordered him to go into seclusion (possibly in lieu of coming events), but who had put the Shaolin stamp on it (literally) as abbot.
    Anyone who knows Chinese who has time to translate that document? I'd be very grateful / will send good vibes of thankfulness.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    Anyone who knows Chinese who has time to translate that document? I'd be very grateful / will send good vibes of thankfulness.
    Perhaps LFJ or someone could help with these translations- it would help to have someone with as strong Shaolin Literary/Scholarly background to clarify.

I will try to give a whack at the other one when I have more time if others are unable/willing. My literary Chinese is pretty weak, especially as it might relate to shaolin historical texts- it would be appreciated if someone with some background would help out.

For further interest- if someone can help for this document too it would be nice..

The document seems to indicate Su Xi Master granted De Jian Master all and complete authority in representing/acting in representation of Su Xi in both 'inner and outer' business relating to the temple

The term "全权代表" as it relates to SuXi Master's Shaolin "inner and outer" business is whats not clear to me though in this context, as my Shaolin historical/literary background is not as great as many here.

Complete authority/representative/etc might be a fair translation, but what would this mean in Shaolin Context in that time (1996 era) in terms of Su Xi's responsibilities/authority at Shaolin temple (inner and outer)?

Attachment: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...1&d=1342066925

Matt

Here goes:
    --------------------------------------

Paper's Header as seen on actual handwritten copy: Song Mountain Shaolin Temple of China

Heading: Authorization [of/to an entity]

Body: San Huang Zhai is a significantly important part of the Shaolin Temple's Buddhist activities. Current Shaolin Temple Operation Committee (not sure this committee exact name/detail) head chairperson Great Master Su Xi chooses his disciple Dharma Master De Jian to go to SanHuangZhai to assist Nuns Yong Le and Yong Lian (Very big hearted buddhist-nun-sisters seen here on Youtube), in raising resources for repairing and restoring many rooms/halls of SanHuangZhai which are on the brink of collapsing (names of the specific halls are listed out in the document) and in building ChanWuYi research institute and other facilities/buildings/structures in order to spread the Shaolin Temple's traditional Chan Wu Yi culture.

Closing: [a formal type of phrase that is an indication of authority/ authorization]

(Also on Paper)
    Stamp of Great Master Shi Su Xi (his personal stamp)
    Stamp of Shaolin Temple Democratic Operations Committee (again unsure the proper name/detail of the committee)

----------------------------------------

This document might help address the question "Is SanHuangZhai officially recognized by Shaolin Temple?" - although how/who recognized also has importance.

Attachment 7127

Thanks. Promised good vibes on the way

Thanks. Promised good vibes on the way
    Thank you! Feels good.. I'm pretty sure.. but I can't tell if that's the sun and the fresh air or the good vibes!

As to Master De Jian,

Any further details from others on the nature of this committee/document would help give context that might put some recent Shaolin history in a different light or perspective.

Also the Other document posted which says Master De Jian is Master Su Xi's complete representative could help us get more context on the significance of their relation as disciple and master.. And by extrapolation the significance of Master De Jians ChanWuYi lineage and practice.

If his lineage is so significant, it might be of benefit to draw light onto it- such that his healing methods, practices, and teachings could be shared beyond China and into the west.

Matthew