Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Shing Wing Chun Family

Quote Originally Posted by tjwingchun View Post
    As far as Simon's Lee Shing connection, that was where he met my Sifu who was also a student at the same time. This was around the time when Joseph Cheng who was the main student and Eddie Yeoh, Austin Goh and Nigel Fan were training.
    Pretty accurate info given there yet again tj! Missed a few names (like my Sifu lol!), but the earlier generations were not 'public' teachers I suppose.

Has anyone ever considered that because Sifu Lau was actually 'from' the mainland he 'had' to go through Ip Man in order to teach here in the UK. Obviously for this to happen, someone had to vouch for him and maybe that was Lee Shings role. Now I don't know this for fact, but I have heard it along the way, as it may have been required for most Sifus to be registered in Hong Kong.

Registration, even then, didn't always mean that you were actually taught by Master Ip Man.

I guess that makes sense to me too...

TJ - who is your sifu, if you don't mind me asking?

Mark.

Sorry LoneTiger108 only mentioned ones off the top of my head that I knew of , never had the good fortune to meet Joseph but heard a lot about from Sifu, nor Nigel but have met Austin a couple of times and visited Eddie's Kwoon back in 1985 ish (brain cells not what they used to be). I remember a pleasant day 'playing' chi sau, not too much blood flowing, and none mine though lol.

MrBump if you open your eyes you can see below my Sifu's web site

Samuel Kwok, I am his most senior UK student still teaching under his association.
    Take care out there and keep

me
    www.tjwingchun.co.uk
    sifu
    www.kwokwingchun.com
    sigung
    www.ipchun.org
    my family
    www.ipfamilywingchun.com

questions are how we grow, answers how we develop

Eyes are open.

Thanks very much.

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBump View Post
    Eyes are open.

Thanks very much.

Mark.
    Your welcome!

By the way if you wish quicker answers my messenger contact in in my profile I believe.
    Take care out there and keep

me
    www.tjwingchun.co.uk
    sifu
    www.kwokwingchun.com
    sigung
    www.ipchun.org
    my family
    www.ipfamilywingchun.com

questions are how we grow, answers how we develop

Lee Shing Family @ Seni 2001

To get this thread back on track, I would like to share with you all a small clip of the Jun Mo Wing Chun Demonstration at Seni 2001.

Taken from my Sifus website this demo was put together by Sifu Mans eldest students at the time and was designed to showcase different areas of practice like Forms, Equipment, Interactions and Weaponry. Obviously we knew at the time that many may have difficulty relating to us as a serious Wing Chun school as we dressed in traditional uniforms, set our Siu Lim Tao 'on top' of a Wooden Man and showed our equipment like the rattan rings and stick for the first time at a major event. Yes, I said 'first time', and this was as late as 2003!

Comments and questions are very welcome...

http://www.junmo.co.uk/index.php?opt...=55&Itemid=107
    (click on 'Combat Martial Arts - Seni 2001')

Lone Tiger 108

Thanks for the link and for sharing.
    Enjoyed the slt and the stick and rattan demos.
    The demos were gracefully done.

joy chaudhuri

Lee Shing Family Event!

Discussions are happening at the moment by three of the eldest Lee Shing students Joseph Man, Austin Goh and Joe Lee in preparation for a small family get together which looks like it will be happening towards the end of May 2009 in Londons Chinatown.

For more info on Lee Shing Wing Chun, or if you would like to book a place at this event please link to www.leeshing.org.uk
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Dai Nim Tao

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Thanks for the link and for sharing.
    Enjoyed the slt and the stick and rattan demos.
    The demos were gracefully done.
    Thanks for the compliments Joy

As another point of discussion, I recently caught this clip on Youtube of Sifu Gianfranco Pompianu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo4af...eature=related

I have rarely seen a student perform the whole set known to Lee Shing Family as Dai Nim Tao and I would welcome any comments.

Personally, I appreciate the form but never thought it to be a secret. I've seen it but rarely talked about it. I understand it but can not teach it.

Has anyone here learnt Dai Nim Tao or similar methods/san sik?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Dai Lim Tao & Extra Forms

Do you guys know anything about these other forms? Have you guys ever practice them?

Dai Lim Tao

Wing Chun Fourth Form

Wing Chun Competition Form

Wing Chun Kicking Form

Advanced Siu Lim Tao

What do you think about the other forms?
    Last edited by Yoshiyahu; 02-28-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Take off links?

Thumbs up

Lone Tiger, it looks to be an expansion of Siu Lim Tao and is very interesting!! Indeed. It looks like ot carries variations and combinations of set wing chun arms (low Bong Sau) and has a good flow to it. I like it........
    'Get In, Get Done, Get Out'

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    As another point of discussion, I recently caught this clip on Youtube of Sifu Gianfranco Pompianu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo4af...eature=related

Has anyone here learnt Dai Nim Tao or similar methods/san sik?
    It is all in Gu Lao WCK...

Indeed it is........

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Discussions are happening at the moment by three of the eldest Lee Shing students Joseph Man, Austin Goh and Joe Lee in preparation for a small family get together which looks like it will be happening towards the end of May 2009 in Londons Chinatown.

For more info on Lee Shing Wing Chun, or if you would like to book a place at this event please link to www.leeshing.org.uk
    I spoke with Joseph Lee on Tuesday evening, and the May event is almost certainly cancelled. I believe SiFu Goh is in Italy? teaching students out there at the end of May now.

There is however an event on 22nd August at Austin Goh's London Bridge school. Joseph Man, Austin Goh and Joseph Lee will be teaching there. Early discussions look like SiFu Goh will teach chi gung, and Joseph Lee and Joseph Man will be teaching sticky hands and drills between them?

For more details i think Austin Goh's website is the way to go

3pm onwards. only £30 each i think too.

Checked his site and no mention. Can you lket us know further details.....