Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lee Shing Wing Chun Family

I think you've got Leung Sheung and Lok Yiu switched in parts of that biography. As far as I know, Leung Sheung was Yip Man's first formal student and a former master of another kung fu style.

Of course, if I'm incorrect I'm happy to be corrected.

A very good, interesting biography otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Runlikehell View Post
    I think you've got Leung Sheung and Lok Yiu switched in parts of that biography. As far as I know, Leung Sheung was Yip Man's first formal student and a former master of another kung fu style.
    I actually thought Leung Sheung was a HK student. First of Ip Mans HK generation sure, but Lok Yiu was his elder. Maybe someone can help here too?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Leung shun started a little earlier than Lok Yiu in Hong kong. and several others were in the first batch of students. Ho Kam ming was in the second batch of students.

joy chaudhuri

Lee Shing Wing Chun Family

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I would like to introduce myself to the users of this forum, as I have noticed a distinct lack of information about my Family of Wing Chun practitioners. Lee Shing was a very humble gent, who never really taught anyone for money as he was a very successful restaurant owner in Londons Chinatown for most of his senior life.

My name is LoneTiger108, and I feel totally alone!

I have my Martial Family, based here in London, but things are very quiet at the moment as there seems to be an overwhelming push from China in the Wushu fields in the UK, which is in some ways undermining the existing Kung Fu fanatics who have been training here since as early as the 1950's. There are other teachers/uncles like Austin Goh & Joe Lee who I admire very much, but what I practice is still different.

Does anyone here know of Lee Shing (Sing Lee/Li Kam Sheng)?

I have studied under Joseph Man of the 'Jun Mo' School. I have read many articles and online information about the Lee Shing Family, but it all seems to point towards the Gulao Village and perhaps even Leung Jan himself. What I do know is that the way I was taught was 'not' like any versions I've researched but more like a complete individual and bespoke method which incorporated learning Chinese Literature and theories prior to any forms! I, and my brothers, were all pre-practitioners and were taught as teachers, apprentices and Sifu.

I ask anyone who reads this to be open minded to my ramblings, as I am a writer myself and am honestly just looking for people who are interested in hearing about something new that obviously originates from something quite old.

I am also available to answer any questions you may have about my own personal learning. I have been coaching since 2003 with my Martial Brother, as we founded The Yum Yeurng Academy to help preserve our collaborative teaching methods. I have recently atarted to take on personal students and coach demonstration teams in my spare time.

With respect,

LoneTiger108

Weblinks:
    http://www.junmo.co.uk/index.php?opt...d=30&Itemid=45
    http://www.josephleewingchun.com/
    http://www.austingoh.com/
    http://www.alanlambwingchun.com/
    LoneTiger108 ,

Hello , welcome to the forum , anyway I came across of Lee Shing wing chun in the other topic thread . Ip Man and What he said , then the WC sifus you mentioned came out in the Ip Man and What he said topic thread , like austin goh , duncan leung if I ' m not mistaken .

Anyway , I myself would like to know about the lee shing wing chun lineage too , and I think someone is teaching it , I just forgot the name it ' s all at the everythingwing chun.com , the website which features all the Wc sifus and lieages . And I plan to invest in the Lee Shing Family WC DVD materials , because I too do my own research in the materials of other kung fu styles and in particular other WC systems , besides the Ip Man lineage of WC .

Ip Man to me had alot of students so their WC sets will differ from each individual sifus as well . Just like Ip Mans' 2 - sons , Ip Chun and Ip Ching . Now because I came aross of your topic thread in concern with the lee shing family WC lineage , I to intend to research the other WC system too . To me the more you learn the more the better for you , having knowledge in anything is better than not having any knowledge at all , for example lee shing wing chun family lineage of kung fu .
    And I would like to learn and to know more of the lee shing family lineage of kung fu .

I actually thought Leung Sheung was a HK student. First of Ip Mans HK generation sure, but Lok Yiu was his elder. Maybe someone can help here too?
    My mistake. I meant formal student in HK (though I do believe most, if not all of his Fatshan students were taught informally).
    I believe Leung Sheung was older than Lok Yiu as well, at least that's what the interviews in my Sifu's book say.

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    I would like to learn and to know more of the lee shing family lineage of kung fu .
    PM me lance or email me privately.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

MY FIRST EUROPEAN LEE SHING FAMILY WING CHUN SEMINAR WEEKEND IN AUSTRIA

On Friday 18th November 2011, I left my home in North London with one flight bag and a head full of ideas. I was on my way to Graz in Austria to meet up with a friend and newfound Kung Fu Cousin, Perry Zmugg, to exchange training ideas with his students by joining together with another great Martial Artist Juri Fleischmann. It dawned on me, on the way to Stansted airport, that I had never actually given a Wing Chun Seminar before!

I was classically trained at the Jun Mo Wing Chun Gwoon by my only teacher, Sifu Joseph Man, and I had attended many events throughout my time with him and taught hundreds of students on his behalf, but we never really done the seminar thing. I trained for performance and demonstrations, and I was active with my teacher for almost ten years. In 2003 I set out with my kung fu brother Sifu Barry Lewis, and we founded The Yum Yeurng Academy to continue to coach Wing Chun together. So, when I finally flying towards Graz I started to think of what would be appropriate for me to share with everyone. I had no clue how many participants would show or what their skill level would be, and so I gathered my thoughts and made various plans of action. I arrived in Graz airport to be picked up by Sifu Perry and driven the 2 hour journey to Vienna, where the first Seminar would be held.

When we arrived there was one thing that shocked me more than anything, and that was how many students had turned up for this event! After introductions from the Dai Long Gwoon founders, Christophe and Angelika, we divided into three groups of beginner, intermediate and advanced students and I began to teach alongside Sifu Perry and Sifu Juri. Everyone was so open minded and, even though a language barrier was obvious to some, the physical motion of Wing Chun seemed to transfer to each participant quickly and before I knew it these guys and girls were applying a simple escape method from The Yum Yeurng Academy salutation!

Trying to think of all the things that should be in place when you are performing any set method or technique in Wing Chun is no easy task, and it was clear as I progressed from the beginners to advanced that more questions would arrive and a different approach should be used to teach. I tried my best to show that Chisau ‘sticking hands’ is only a part of what I refer to as ‘Interactive’ training, and we used this platform to further explore the methods of the Academy salutation. It seemed to just fit into place, and before long the questions were answered and the set was shared with minimal bruising! And then the seminar had come to an end and we were out at a local bar and restaurant for dinner and drinks! This was interesting for me too, as it gave me the chance to explain why I thought our mutual Grandmaster Lee Shing was so important in the development of Wing Chun in Europe, regardless to what other more commercial Masters might say about him, he was a real Chinese Martial Arts Master and I feel we all do his memory proud by continuing to train and develop throughout our lives as best we can. Yes, we are different to the mainstream commercial Wing Chun schools. But this makes us unique, and quite specialized in my opinion.

After our nights sleep in the Dai Long Gwoon we started with breakfast in Café Ritters before heading back to Graz for seminar number two in Sifu Perrys fulltime gwoon. This was a different day, with three arts being taught: Perry, Arnis. Juri, Hapkido, and I taught Wing Chun. Again the students picked up the Academy methods quite easily, and so I progressed the training into basic circle walking drills, mimicking the characters of the snake and crane; the animals said to be big influences on the earlier Shaolin versions of Wing Chun, including the famous Red Boat Opera Troupes. This type of interactive practise teaches you awareness of distance and angling, and as you are in constant action you need to be able to focus at all times working as a team. Whether you are in the middle or walking the outside, everyone has a role to play and the overall performance can be viewed as Martial flamboyance!

I finished the day by sharing a simple pole technique that helps to understand our arrow fist set, something that is unique to the Lee Shing family of Wing Chun. By using the first set of the pole form we connect salutation methods into fierce attacking movements that penetrate the straight lines into an opponent, taking them down to the floor using phoenix eyes and hanging elbows and fists! A special mention must go to both Juri and Perrys trainee instructors, who had the decency to listen and help me put my message across. I only wish I could speak better Austrian and German, and maybe that is something I can develop for the future!

Once the seminar had ended a group of us spent some time in a local sauna before hitting ‘Romanas’ Bar for food, drinks and a little socializing. It was here that I realized that we were all on the same quest for kung fu knowledge and our passion for martial arts drew us all closer together. Perry was a great host and really made me feel welcome in his lovely hometown of Graz. We spent a lazy Sunday lunch together with his family up in the mountains and shared some video moments back in his gwoon on Monday, before I made my way home to London.

Grandmaster Lee Shing came to London from Hong Kong back in 1963, and it was here that he started his mission to spread the art of Wing Chun throughout Europe and across the seas. It is clear that Austria is nurturing the seed of Lee Shing Wing Chun through the promotions and teachings of Sifu Perry Zmugg and his dedicated team of instructors and students. My kung fu uncle Sifu Austin Goh and his most prominent student from Switzerland, Sifu Juerg Ziegler, have done the family proud and I only hope that my exchange with their student and my martial cousin will continue to blossom in the future.

May our unity be strong and honourable, for the survival of our younger generations depends on us all.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Attachment 6975

my first european lee shing family wing chun seminars, austria 2011
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Lee Shing Family Seminar & Exchange - Germany 2012

Saturday 26th May

Here's a group picture of my second trip to Europe to promote relationships between Lee Shing family. Both Sifu Juri Fleischmann and Sifu Perry Zmugg have been representing in their home countries for over 10 years. Initially trained by Jurg Zeigler and Austin Goh they both are also one of very few recognised western Masters of Sin Mo Hapkido.

This was also the first time I have taken up a seminar with my kung fu bro Barry Lewis since we established the Yum Yeurng Academy in 2003! Good times...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 06-14-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Mick, I posted the following in your other thread but given how you are active in this thread, I'll copy and paste.

Yeah, I watched your clips. I can't say I am impressed and yes, this forum tends to be overly critical. I noted that someone commented on one of your clips, the wooden dummy form I believe. You then deleted his comments and removed the video. I thought the commenter made some valid, constructive, points. Also some of your videos have been sped up.

There is a lot wrong with what I see in those videos but I can't be bothered to spend the time explaining as you will likely ignore and continue as you were.

Paddington...

Sorry but I can't see why you are posting in my thread about, what seems to be, mickwats videos he has shared with the forum elsewhere?

This thread is for updates on The Lee Shing Family as we sometimes have get togethers and seminars within our groups that I like to document here on KFO.

So, why not just PM him directly or contact him through Facebook?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Sorry but I can't see why you are posting in my thread about, what seems to be, mickwats videos he has shared with the forum elsewhere?

This thread is for updates on The Lee Shing Family as we sometimes have get togethers and seminars within our groups that I like to document here on KFO.

So, why not just PM him directly or contact him through Facebook?
    We have been in touch mate no worries there I emailed him last night so all is cool

Angry

But I will say this mate get off this forum it's just a sad bunch of guys who think they know more than anyone else I've been on here a week and realised that already no one as a good word to say about anyone I can see how you can get addicted to this because there is so many idiots but really not worth please idiots don't reply won't be checking in again to see if you have guess what I HAVE A LIFE and I train for real not just online as bender would say so long losers and kiss my shiny metal axxe haha

Quote Originally Posted by mickwat View Post
    But I will say this mate get off this forum it's just a sad bunch of guys who think they know more than anyone else I've been on here a week and realised that already no one as a good word to say about anyone I can see how you can get addicted to this because there is so many idiots but really not worth please idiots don't reply won't be checking in again to see if you have guess what I HAVE A LIFE and I train for real not just online as bender would say so long losers and kiss my shiny metal axxe haha
    From all us losers here on the forum............ do something about your grammar!

Its almost as poor as your WC

Quote Originally Posted by mickwat View Post
    But I will say this mate get off this forum
    I hear you mate and believe me I have had my fair share of insults thrown at me and our Sifus and Sigung over the years I think I'm just immune to it all!!

I try my best to just contribute to worth while threads, but that is getting harder to do these days because the quality of discussion has got worse and worse IMHO.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術