Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Bruce Lee

The Legend of Bruce Lee

Here's a cool look at The Legend of Bruce Lee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsPMMIE3E-Y
    RAYNYSC

Holy crap, that might actually be worse than Dragon !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Boooooo thi **** is whack

It's going to be a 40 part television series that began shooting in April and is set to be aired sometime in 2008. The series has locations both in Hong Kong and the U.S. hopefully this series turns out better then“Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story” as I wasn’t that impressed with that movie. Even though the series looks like it may exaggerate and fictionalize Bruce Lee’s life the way Dragon (The Bruce Lee Story) did. I just hope that the (The Legend of Bruce Lee) series is worth it
    RAYNYSC

Unless they get a decent guy to choregraph it ( doesn't look like it) and don't change the details of his life and MA fighting/training that are well know ( doesn't look like it) then it will be ok ( doesn't look like it).
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Nice to see Yu Cheng Hui, but otherwise this looks like complete crap.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Here it comes...

There are 16 pics on the site.

Photo Album Warms Up "The Legend of Bruce Lee"
    2008-01-08 11:35:22

A set of photos from the television series "The Legend of Bruce Lee" were released on Monday as a warm up for the upcoming TV biopic on the life of the Kung fu superstar.

A news release on sina.com.cn reports that the TV series will be broadcast before the Beijing Olympics. Starting from the beginning of 2008 Bruce Lee fans from around the country will be invited by China Central Television (CCTV) to activities relating to the series.

Based on the life of Bruce Lee, "The Legend of Bruce Lee" will reveal many untold stories about the superstar for the first time.

Hong Kong actor Danny Chan Kwok Kwan plays Bruce Lee in the TV series. The actor, a Bruce Lee fan himself, is well known in Hong Kong for his roles in comedian Stephen Chow's films "Shaolin Soccer" and "Kung Fu Hustle."
    I did a news story on this in our 2008 January/February issue. My teacher, Tony Chen, did some work with the production when they came to film in Oakland. A classmate may have made it in as one of the heavies.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I sure that most people might see it out of curiousity,just to have something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sheng View Post
    I sure that most people might see it out of curiousity,just to have something to do.
    If they were bored, they could always play Jenga.

People need to start playing Jenga more often. Instead of watching this movie, when it comes out. In the future.

wow, Marc Dacascos, Garry Daniels, too

sounds and looks interesting

take a look here:

http://www.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/2007-08-...0813194018.JPG
    Last edited by VingDragon; 03-30-2008 at 07:27 AM. Reason: link

awsome photo.

I am glad that it is the 'Legend' of bruce lee. Leaves room for imbelishment.

It also seems the film will spend a good deal of time with Lee's film roles.

So does anyone know the exact release date of this series?....
    RAYNYSC

I was just a week early on that 3K thread...

I was just wondering what was going on with this on the Three Kingdoms TV series thread.

With flying kicks and whipping nunchucks, Bruce Lee to debut on Chinese TV
    By MIN LEE | AP Entertainment Writer
    8:34 AM EDT, October 7, 2008

BEIJING (AP) _ Bruce Lee is getting a belated hero's welcome in China, with the country's state broadcaster set to air a 50-part prime-time series on the late kung fu star.

Lee became a chest-thumping source of nationalistic pride to Chinese around the world with his characters who defended the Chinese against oppressors in a series of movies in the early 1970s. But his influence wasn't felt immediately in China, which was then a closed communist country.

Lee's films started surfacing in China on video in the 1980s — years after his death in 1973 from swelling of the brain.

China's official China Central Television hopes to fill the void with the exhaustive 50 million Chinese yuan (US$7.3 million) biography, "The Legend of Bruce Lee" — the country's first movie or TV series on the actor, according to producer Yu Shengli.

Shot in China, Hong Kong, Macau, the U.S., Italy and Thailand over nine months, the series, starting Sunday in prime-time, will air daily on the CCTV's flagship channel, with two episodes airing consecutively every night in a two-hour slot.

Unlike past films about Lee, "The Legend of Bruce Lee" is unusually detailed in tracing Lee's life, from his teenage years in Hong Kong to his move to the U.S., where he studied and taught martial arts, to his movie career and early death at 32, the Hong Kong actor who plays Lee told The Associated Press in an interview Tuesday.

"We've only seen the glorious side of Bruce Lee — he comes out all guns blazing, his films are entertaining. But very few people know what injuries he suffered and what grievances he suffered," Danny Chan said, noting the series even reveals that Lee was afraid of ****roaches.

The 33-year-old actor, whose best known work is Stephen Chow's "Kung Fu Hustle" and "Shaolin Soccer," makes up for his lack of star power with his uncanny resemblance to Lee with his thick eyebrows and slender body.

Lee's message of Chinese strength in movies like "The Chinese Connection" and "Return of the Dragon" also matches that of the Chinese government.

"Lee had strength, agility, pride, intelligence, not to mention charisma to burn, which coupled with the pro-Chinese rhetoric in his films have made him a potent symbol for the powerful new China that is now rising," said Michael Berry, a professor in contemporary Chinese cultural studies at the University of California at Santa Barbara.

"He wrote the word 'kung fu' into English dictionaries. He made people aware of China," CCTV official Zhang Xiaohai said at a news conference Tuesday.

Lee is shown bursting with Chinese pride in a trailer shown at the news conference, bellowing "I am Chinese" to spectators after defeating a foreign opponent.

In an apparent effort to boost racial pride, the series was originally scheduled to be aired before the Beijing Olympics in August, but was pushed back in keeping with the period of mourning for the deadly earthquake in China's central Sichuan province on May 12, which killed 70,000 people.

The series was authorized by the Lee family. Producer Yu said Lee's daughter, Shannon Lee Keasler, approved the script and is credited as an executive producer. It's unclear, however, how Lee himself, who spent his time in the U.S. and then-British colony Hong Kong, felt about the communist Chinese regime. The Lee family didn't respond to requests for comment from the AP sent through intermediaries.

Berry said China is also catching up on pop culture that it missed when it was a closed country, such as kung fu films, noting the emergence of martial arts epics in recent years. When Lee died in 1973, China was still in the middle of the ultra-leftist Cultural Revolution, when millions of people suspected of opposing the communist government were persecuted.

Top young director Jia Zhangke told the AP he was one of the Chinese youngsters that belatedly found out about Lee by watching his movies on tape in the early 1980s at "video-watching parlors," which he describes as "a room with 15 or 20 chairs."

"I really liked them. He fights with great style. Boys like violence. There is nationalism in his movies — he's always fighting foreigners. I was very happy watching the movies," he said.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Has anyone seen any fights from this show? Looks pretty good- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR7gGmdIsbI
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."