Thread: Last Man Standing

Last Man Standing

Anybody watch it?
    Several guys went through a week training in Zulu stick and sheild fighting and then had the choice to fight in an actual clash between a rival clan. Not overly exciting, but was cool nonetheless since the participants felt a real possibility that they could get really hurt.
    After watching it though, I think the warrior chief was probably of the understanding that the subjects weren't to be seriously put in peril.
    Anyway, it was still cool.

Yeah I thought it was pretty entertaining. Like the Human Weapon show, the participants opponents seem to take it easy on them.
    The Zulu fights with the cracked bloody heads also seemed to unnerve a few of the guys, understandably so. There was definitely a different intent and aggression going on between the natives when they fought compared to the fights with the Westerners.

Bah, intent is irrelevant all that matters is "getting in there" !
    LOL !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I know a few guys how "got in there" only to get knocked out or dominated in the least.
    Didn't make them appeal any better than if they had never "got in there " at all.
    But for lack of being an a@@hole, I get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    I know a few guys how "got in there" only to get knocked out or dominated in the least.
    Didn't make them appeal any better than if they had never "got in there " at all.
    But for lack of being an a@@hole, I get your point.
    I hope so because my point was how some people think that the intent is not a factor, hence sport competition and fighting when your life is on the line is the same thing to some.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I hope that never happens to me or anyone I know. Eventhough it's a bit of a hypothetical to me since I've been lucky enough to never have felt at a particular instant that my life may be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    I hope that never happens to me or anyone I know. Eventhough it's a bit of a hypothetical to me since I've been lucky enough to never have felt at a particular instant that my life may be taken.
    its good to hear you dont date crazy chicks
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

date 'em?! I married one. She was born in Cambodia.

The countryside in Cambodia is no joke. Eventhough I never felt like my life was in danger, someone's health could have seriously been. One night I was there. Miles from anywhere. A whole lot of alcohol and a whole lot of weapns in the dark.