Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LOL- Local "MMA" school in my area

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post

Why to people who like to claim "camp MMA" when talking about CMA, always seem to ignore the circuts that CMA does fight in? Its always "MMA proves it in the ring"

what about full contact CMA comps? They arent nearly as poplular, but they are around if you look for them.
    Many of the peole you call "camp MMA" ARE San Da people.....

The only real full contact CMA venue is San Da.... right now those competitions are filled with San Da specific gyms, some Shuai Jiai, Muay Thai and MMA guys... the silk PJ forms doing people are NOT doing full contact for the most part, ie that's the problem
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Many of the peole you call "camp MMA" ARE San Da people.....

The only real full contact CMA venue is San Da.... right now those competitions are filled with San Da specific gyms, some Shuai Jiai, Muay Thai and MMA guys... the silk PJ forms doing people are NOT doing full contact for the most part, ie that's the problem
    Good.

Its just all so confusing sometimes where people stand.

So with this established, why doesnt everyone just ****ing drop it. CMA is doing its thing in SanDA. If you want to look at fighting aspects of CMA, look at the best in SanShou/DA, Just like everyone does for MMA, we look at the goods. not the bads.

let all the shiny silk pajama guys do what ever they want. who cares.

we know they cant fight, why lump them in the same group with the guys that do fight? thats stupid.

So what, CMA has a much smaller group of fighters than MMA. Its not as popular.

But if you are going to talk about this whole CMA sucks at fighting thing. Use the best CMA FIGHTERS as your example. then break down what THEY are doing that sucks.

otherwise we can just look at the worst MMA fighters and do the same thing.

Peeps looking at, and using the pajama wearers to define ALL CMA, need to look at the worst MMA fighters to define ALL MMA.

then we will be on the same page.

pound for pound, its a given MMA has way more competent fighters.

But who has more isnt the deal IMO

its if it CAN be effective. CMA gets in the ring and fights. Shows skills, and displays effectiveness.

just a different venue.

Personally, i dont claim any "camp"

actually I've been thinking heavily about getting into boxing myself.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Good.

let all the shiny silk pajama guys do what ever they want. who cares.

we know they cant fight
    most "camp MMA" members really couldn't care less, but we usually find it amusing when the shiny silk PJ patrol gets on and talks about how tough and deadly they are.... it IS a discussion forum, and it's a great way to kill a half an hour between classes talking to the clueless and ragging on the international Dim Mak federations

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I heard the Quinton Jackson likes silk PJ's....
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

most "camp MMA" members really couldn't care less, but we usually find it amusing when the shiny silk PJ patrol gets on and talks about how tough and deadly they are.... it IS a discussion forum, and it's a great way to kill a half an hour between classes talking to the clueless and ragging on the international Dim Mak federations
    rofl!!

I still get a kick out of all this stuff.

great way to kill half an hour?

try eight hours......every day......my job is way to easy.

Mentally I get along with the MMA crowd more often than the CMA crowd. As far as beliefs go in regards training methods, habits and their impact on your abilities.

Though I get a long most with people who would rather just swim around in both worlds and pick up good things where good things are shown.

without any bias ideas about whether this system is worthy of taking information from.

To me there should be no distinction. There should be people who fight and people who dont fight.

Every art has em, TKD, MMA, CMA, JMA.....

its all the same **** thing!!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

he's also president of the the Dim Mak federation

i save my shiny silk pajamas fo the ladies

i wear ladies shiny silk pajamas
    but do you practice Dim Mak in them?

he's also president of the the Dim Mak federation
    You mean he is not JUST a member ??

ROFL

only when my Qi level is high enough. I only do Dim Mak when i intend to kill.

no he just pokes them

to little effect

like most dim mak
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    no he just pokes them

to little effect

like most dim mak
    didnt you read what i wrote, I ONLY DO IT TO KILL!!!!!!!!!!!

dont make me swim to your country....cause ill do it.

swimming across the atlantic only hightens my DIM MAK abilities.

didnt you read what i wrote, I ONLY DO IT TO KILL!!!!!!!!!!!

dont make me swim to your country....cause ill do it.

swimming across the atlantic only hightens my DIM MAK abilities.
    Told you not to drink the water...

it was worth it!

It's just as fun to rile up the MMA nut huggers till they are making moronic comments like "are you reading my mind"...

I love my TCMA and always will. I can use it effectivly for what it was designed for, self defence. I was never taught how to use it in a sport environment and do not pretend I'd do well in a cage fight without training for a cage fight. That does not meen my art wouldn't do well in a cage fight.

A lack of evidence does not make what ever delusion the nut riders hold true. A lack of successful fighters using TCMA does not make TCMA ineffective. It only says there have been few traditionalists who have won. Period. There's never been a MMAist who crossed over to Koushu and won, either. But then, there probably hasn't been an MMAist who tried. Does that meen MMA would work in a Koushu Federation tourny? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it