Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LOL- Local "MMA" school in my area

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post

There's never been a MMAist who crossed over to Koushu and won, either.
    Since you bring it up, I tried for several years to get applications for my students to fight there. After letters and calls, numerous, and promises I would get the paperwork, numerous, never happened.

Cung Le flew in from CA and was denied entry into the event

What were they afraid of?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Hulk Smash!!!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Since you bring it up, I tried for several years to get applications for my students to fight there. After letters and calls, numerous, and promises I would get the paperwork, numerous, never happened.

What were they afraid of?
    Just said it hadn't happened, not that they didn't try. As to why you can't apps... No clue. Are you a member of the federation? Many times organization sponsored events are not open to non-members. I don't know if making an event closed meens the participants are afraid of anything. Maybe they just don't want to let TKD in, since that's what seems to happen over time to most non-pro tourny; at least in this area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post

Maybe they just don't want to let TKD in
    if you are practicing a superior fighting method, why wold you care who entered?

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

What were they afraid of

Reply]
    Kuo Shou is an amature event. It's got a great platform, and I for one would love to see them open up a pro level, but for now it is still amature. It's a great stepping stone for a TCMA who wants to fight MMA eventually....but still fight with thier art as Kuo Shou is a Chinese geared venue. Great place to hone your skills, but the next level up would be San Shou or MMA.

They probably do ot want pro fighters in there killing the greener guys of that circute.

I'd be curious to see what they said if you were to talk to them about getting a pro level fight card going with them, under thier platform.

this was back in the 90's and Cung was an amateur back then....

this was back in the 90's and Cung was an amateur back then....
    did he have an impressive record at the time or was he well known?

if he was an amateur then maybe they refused him entry on grounds other than being a full contact MMA fighter...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Good.

Its just all so confusing sometimes where people stand.

So with this established, why doesnt everyone just ****ing drop it. CMA is doing its thing in SanDA. If you want to look at fighting aspects of CMA, look at the best in SanShou/DA, Just like everyone does for MMA, we look at the goods. not the bads.

let all the shiny silk pajama guys do what ever they want. who cares.

we know they cant fight, why lump them in the same group with the guys that do fight? thats stupid.

So what, CMA has a much smaller group of fighters than MMA. Its not as popular.

But if you are going to talk about this whole CMA sucks at fighting thing. Use the best CMA FIGHTERS as your example. then break down what THEY are doing that sucks.

otherwise we can just look at the worst MMA fighters and do the same thing.

Peeps looking at, and using the pajama wearers to define ALL CMA, need to look at the worst MMA fighters to define ALL MMA.

then we will be on the same page.

pound for pound, its a given MMA has way more competent fighters.

But who has more isnt the deal IMO

its if it CAN be effective. CMA gets in the ring and fights. Shows skills, and displays effectiveness.

just a different venue.

Personally, i dont claim any "camp"

actually I've been thinking heavily about getting into boxing myself.
    Have to address the bolded line - do you seriously feel at this point in the world that there are more MMA fighters then TCMA practitioners? You seem to be saying there are so MANY mma guys they are bound to produce more good fighters then the tiny l'il TCMA community - I think that's the opposite of the actual numbers.

if you are practicing a superior fighting method, why wold you care who entered?
    Because it's very hard to be a snob if you let everyone in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it