Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bacon!!!!!!

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

nice one, Brother!

Your Photo Fu is wicked strong!
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Exclamation Dale!!!

You're going to break the internet again.

I just saw this thread. I.... I think I might cry greasy tears of joy

**** - how did I miss this last year?

Jack in the Box offered a vegetarian bacon shake? WTF?
    Jack in the Box's Bacon Shake is Vegetarian...Not Healthy
    Jess Root
    Living / Green Food
    February 25, 2012

This newest fast food frenzy froths with so many problems, it's enough to make me fully vegan. A list is in order:

According to Jack in the Box, it's vegetarian-- if you don't mind taking your synthetic swine taste via flavored syrup mixed with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and maraschino cherries. Shouldn't a milkshake be vegetarian anyway?

At more than 1,000 calories for a large shake, a low-activity person could only take in an extra 500-700 calories that day to maintain a weight that wouldn't increase their odds of becoming overweight or obese.

Let's check out the nutritional value: 184mg of cholesterol, 461mg of sodium, and 108 grams of sugar. (Here's the truth about sugar, and this shake happens to have mounds of it.)

An E. coli-tainted ground beef outbreak at Jack in the Box restaurants left four children dead. Still want that shake?

Dairy bombs like this one also rank right up there with meat consumption with producing greenhouse gas emissions. Let alone, low-dairy and no-dairy diets are showing to improve health. Dairy has been linked to high cholesterol and some studies suggest an increased risk of some cancers from eating three or more servings a day of dairy, especially prostate cancer in men.

Beyond Bacon Shakes
    I know, I couldn't have ended my bacon shake rant on more of a Debby downer note, so I leave you with this glass half creamy and full. Shakes can be healthy and delicious. If in a jam at Jack in the Box, you're better off with their regular-sized Strawberry Banana Smoothie. The calories clock in at just under 300 and the sugar is a fraction of the meat lover's edition. Better yet, make your own shake or smoothie to sate your sweet tooth, naturally.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Why do vegetarians insist on fake meat? I focused more on changing my whole outlook. Not only to remove meat, but to remove all processed foods. I cook from scratch. No weak wannabe burgers or fake ass deli slices in this house.

If you like bacon, eat fucking bacon!!! If the health effects of bacon bother you, don't. Only spoiled brats could come up with fake meat. A buncha have my cake and eat it too people. So you want to be healthy, and your response is to make processed soy products? WTF???

Fake meat is actually a centuries-old Chinese tradition

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Why do vegetarians insist on fake meat?
    I don't think the 'creative' chefs at Jack in the Box are vegetarian. I don't think they conceived of this product to market it to vegetarians either. It's more of a comment on fast food than it is vegetarianism.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Bacon soap

You’re a man. Time to start smelling like one.

Aren’t you sick of being forced to use all those girly scented soaps? I mean come on, you’re a man. You shouldn’t be smelling like citrus or lavender or apricot. Leave the girly scents for the fairer sex. Guys should be using Man Soap.
    Been Told You're Not Man Enough? With Man Soap you can smell the way you need to smell.

While we do disagree with men using women soap, we do have to admit that having a bunch of different scents is a good idea. Every guy is unique and should smell the way he wants to smell. That’s the whole point of Man Soap. Smell the way you want to smell.

Man Soap comes in 19 manly scents!

To give the man the ultimate variety, we now have 19 unique manly scents. Here’s a helpful guide to selecting the scent which best defines you.

Bacon
    By far the manliest of meats, Bacon Soap is the only soap meat lovers need to smell like clean sweet swine all day.

Baseball Glove
    There's nothing quite like that rich smell of a leather baseball glove. The game is on everywhere you go.

Beer
    There is perhaps no manlier smell than the scent of a cold pint of beer. Why wait until the drunk guy dumps it over you in the packed bar?

Bonfire
    Only real men can build a bonfire, and only the manliest can smell like one.

Brewed Coffee
    Don't worry you won't smell like a Frappuccino with whipped cream, we're talking a manly blend of black coffee.

Buttered Popcorn
    Guys and girls may both like popcorn, but guys aren't afraid to pour on the extra butter. Awwwww yeahhhh.

Cannabis
    If anyone sees you bathing with this just tell them you have a prescription.

Cash
    There is no smell a young female will be more attracted to, trust us.

Cedar Log Cabin
    Relax to the smell of a cozy log cabin from the comfort of your apartment full of smelly sweat socks and rotting food under your bed.

Democrat
    A blend that focused on individuals with a free-spirit, love for mankind, who have a desire to promote conservation of our environment.

Fresh Cut Grass
    Nothing screams man like mowing the lawn, so this smell will remind you of the smell of a job well done.

Margarita
    That delicious blend of tequila, Cointreau and lemon or lime may not be the manliest drink, but it sure is tasty.

Muscle Rub
    When a real man gets hurt he doesn't rest, he just puts on some muscle rub and goes right back to work. And unlike real muscle rub, this soap won't make you cry if it touches your junk.

Nag Champa Incense
    Your favorite Indian fragrance now in soap form! Let Bollywood baby.

Obsession Cologne
    A refreshing, oriental, woody fragrance that men will obsess over.

Red Wine
    It'll smell like grapes just fermented all over your body.

Republican
    A blend that stands for conservative values, love of country, and a strong family unit.

Top Soil
    Nothing says manly like dirt, so now's your chance to smell like you're covered in it without all the worms and gravel.

Urinal Mint
    The urinal mint is unique in that usually only men are around them staring down, wishing that smell could be all theirs. But its usually covered in pee. So if you want to smell manly, clean your hands with a soap that smells like a freshly un-pee'd on urinal cake.
    That last one is just wrong.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I don't think the 'creative' chefs at Jack in the Box are vegetarian. I don't think they conceived of this product to market it to vegetarians either. It's more of a comment on fast food than it is vegetarianism.
    Yeah but if you go to the "vegetarian" section in a supermarket, you see burgers, hot dogs and deli slices. Kinda weird, don't you think?

Mango rice pudding is pretty good tho

I totally poached this...

...off another forum members facebook. Shhh. We'll see if he notices.

Posted: May 7, 2013
    105-Year-Old Woman Says Bacon Is Key To Longevity

Richland Springs, TX – Pearl Cantrell is 105 years young, and her secret to her long life might surprise you: bacon.

Cantrell said, “I love bacon, I eat it everyday. I don’t feel as old as I am, that’s all I can say.”

The central Texas resident celebrated her most recent birthday over three days with more than 200 guests. And when Oscar Mayer found out how much Cantrell loves bacon, the company sent one of its Wienermobiles to her home.

“We’ve seen a lot of stories on the road, but nothing quite like this one. So we’re excited to be here,” said Abraham Luna, a “hotdogger” for Oscar Mayer. “We know she’s an inspiration. Pearl is an inspiration for the community and her friends and family.”

Not only did Cantrell get to ride in the Wienermobile, but Oscar Mayer gave her more bacon, and local news station KRBC said the company is planning to send her even more bacon in the future.

If Cantrell’s secret sounds too good to be true, you might be even more surprised to learn that there is research that supports her claim about the health benefits of bacon. In March, a study conducted by the University of Zurich found that eating little to no red meat can be a risk factor for early death.

According to The Atlantic, the reason little or no red meat can lead to early death is because red meat contains important vitamins and nutrients. The researchers also found that if people limited their daily meat consumption to less than 20 grams, 3 percent of premature deaths could be prevented in a given year.

Of course, on the flip side, too much red meat “was associated with significantly increased mortality only before they controlled for lifestyle factors.” So the key here is moderation.

There is also scientific proof that red meat makes you happy, although the researchers who conducted that study weren’t able to explain the why behind it.

What do you think of Pearl Cantrell’s secret to her long life? Does it make you want to eat more bacon?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ganja bacon!

Well, maybe not. Although I imagine it's not hard to make ganga bacon as bacon is a fat and marijuana is fat soluble...at least so I'm told...
    Butcher Feeds Marijuana To Pigs To Create True High-Quality Meat
    Posted: 05/15/2013 1:57 pm EDT | Updated: 05/16/2013 5:09 pm EDT

This is what they meant by pot-bellied pig!

We're getting high on the hog of BB Ranch butcher William von Schneidau, who feeds marijuana to his pigs and sells them at Seattle's Pike Place Market. SeattleMet reports that Schneidau adds "weed to the feed" -- yes, the stems, stalks and seeds -- to give his meat a more savory flavor.

The "pot pigs" are partly a celebration of Washington voters passing a pot-legalization initiative late last year, MSN reports. But they're also a real culinary experiment. Schneidau says the pot plants add fiber to the pigs' diets, which makes the meat taste delicious, man.

No, you won't get high from the meat. But the pigs get high from the weed, SeattleMet reports:

Apparently, not all mammals can process THC, but most have cannabinoid receptors. Cannabinoids are the other chemicals in marijuana, often linked to the medicinal properties, which help with pain and discomfort. Pigs have these receptors, and the four that ate this enhanced feed gained more weight and likely felt way more mellow than their non-ganja feeding friends.

If you're disappointed that ganja pigs won't produce ganja bacon, do it the Schneidau way. Halfway through a recent tasting, one of his guests rounded up 75 percent of the room and "got baked."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

bacon bras

So this is a trend now? Even as a vegetarian, I can't but approve. It's much more interesting than the broccoli bras we were trying to push.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I like titties and I like bacon, but that shit is just weird.

Oh Gene..

I like the direction you're taking this thread..

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.