Thread: Does anyone know of any schools in Miami?

DiME Guest

Does anyone know of any schools in Miami?

I have been looking for schools in the Miami area (Miami, Florida that is), and so far have not found one. Does anyone know of a school I can go check out, or even some kind of listing which may have schools in the Miami area. I'd appreciate any help someone could give me.

GinSueDog Guest
    Dime,
    Dwight Woods has a school in Miami, I believe he is a instructor under Dan Inosanto. His number is 305-595-2892.-ED

Sean Madigan Guest
    Hi,

Here is my complete Florida listing of JKD Instructors. It is from my website at: www.junfanjkd.com

Florida
    David Gallaher
    5780-2 Youngquist Rd.
    Ft. Myers, Fl. 33912
    Web Site: http://members.xoom.coom/wc_jkd_k/
    Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Ted Wong --> David Gallaher

Neil Cauliffe
    American Dragon Martial Arts Academy
    11334 Wiles Road
    Coral Springs, Florida 33065
    Telephone: 954 255-6545
    Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Dan Inosanto --> Neil Cauliffe

Luis Gutierrez
    One Dragon Martial Arts
    Phone # (954) 216-2577
    E-Mail Luis@onedragon.com
    Lineage Bruce Lee --> Dan Inosanto --> Paul Vunak --> Luis Gutierrez

Alex Shunnarah
    Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do
    10512 Front Beach Road
    Panama City, Florida 32407
    Phone: 850 - 233-6572
    Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Steve Golden --> Lamar M. Davis II --> Alex Shunnarah

Dwight Woods
    Unified Martial Art Academy
    12580 SW 88th Street
    Miami, Florida 33186
    Telephone: 305 595-2892
    e-mail: umajkdkali@aol.com
    Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Dan Inosanto --> Dwight Woods

Floyd A. Jackson
    Orlando Academy of Martial Arts
    Orlando Florida http://www.orlandojkd.com
    orlandojkd@geocities.com
    Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Dan Inosanto --> Floyd Jackson

Pedro Rodriguez
    PFS of Orlando
    P.O. Box 679153
    Orlando, Florida. 32867
    (407) 592-7871
    E-Mail ichfviceprez@yahoo.com
    Lineage Bruce Lee --> Dan Inosanto --. Paul Vunak --> Pedro Rodriguez
    Duane Keller
    Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do
    7435 N. Heller Avenue
    Dunnellon, Florida 34433
    Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Steve Golden --> Lamar M. Davis II --> Duane Keller

Nick Franchella
    Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do
    520 South Park Road
    Apartment 12 28
    Hollywood, Florida 33021
    (954) 967-8504
    (954) 432-2737
    Lineage: Bruce Lee --> Steve Golden --> Lamar M. Davis II --> Nick Franchella

Sean Madigan Guest
    Hi,

It seems as though Sifu woods is closing his school. You are best served by looking up one of the others listed.

All the best,

BIG Sean Madigan

JohnnyW Guest
    Hi Dime,

My Si-Gung, Sifu Richard Bustillo who is a charter member of The Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do Nucleus has a student in Miami named Rudy Lams. He is a certified instructor under Richard. You can contact him in care of The IMB Academy. Just type in IMB Academy on your favorite browser to bring it up because Richard's website address excapes me at this moment and I don't have my address book handy. If you communicate with Richard tell him that Johnny (from Illinois) says hello.

Johnny W.

boardin_usa Guest
    I worry that you will get trapped in what you will believe is JKD when it doesn't match hardly any of Bruce's teachings. It's a daily decrease not an increase. When your looking into a JKD instructor, and you go to your first class, there are several things that you will and will not see if it's the real thing. Some people taught what Bruce wanted them to teach when he was alive, but after his death, they taught what they wanted to teach, and most of it had nothing to do with Bruce's original art. Bruce did say to cut away the useless, and improve the art. Changing the stance altogether is a serious change that I personally think was stupid. Here are a few things that you WILL NOT see in a real JKD class.
    NO BOWING, maybe a salute or something.
    NO BAREFEET, it's a practical art.
    NO BELTS, you know it or you don't.
    Things you will see......
    CHI SAO - Wing Chun Sensitivity training.
    MOOK JONG - Wing Chun Dummy training.
    POWER SIDE FORWARD STANCE
    TRAPPING - Don't let them tell you it doesn't work. (Bruce's five ways of attack specifically lists HAND Immobilization attack and he's not talking about handcuffs!!)
    If anyone tells you that you don't need to know WING CHUN, then the only time they spent with Bruce was during his last school. To learn Bruce's art, you have to start at the bottom(Wing Chun) not at the top(JKD) Chi Sao is mentioned in almost all of Bruce's books, but most people ignore it, because they don't know how to teach it and it affects their billfold, so they prefer to just say that you don't need it. That's bull!! Good luck!!! I wish you the best.

Authentic Wing Chun Kung Fu in Miami FL

Robert Smith is an Authentic Wing Chun Instructor who started teaching in 1978.
    His school is located in South Miami, FL and can be contacted by phone,
    305-323-3983. He welcomes calls from anyone interested in joining his school and enjoys teaching beginners.

I have trained with many Jeet kune do instructors and Miami is truly blessed to have Sifu Lazaro "Assassin" Bueno teaching.He has a great understanding of Sijo Lee's art. He is not only a teacher of JKD Concepts but also Original JKD. He is also the founder and head of the biggest and most complete JKD Association, the JKD Nexus based in Miami. He also teaches Krav Maga so he is really complete.Anyone in the Miami area definitely needs to check Sifu Lazaro Bueno out if they are truely interested in complete JKD. The website is www.jkdnexus.com

wow 10 years and still kicking
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman