Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bollywood Kung-Fu!!

Blog Entries

Go Slumdog!

8 Oscars for Slumdog Millionaire! Jai Ho!

I hope this has a positive impact for Indians/India in films in the west.
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Jai Ho!!!

Have you heard the Jai Ho remix by *****cat Dolls?

BTW, if Frieda Pinto wants to join the Bollywood-starlet-trains-martial-arts trend (one of the greatest trends EVER!) I will come out of retirement and start teaching again, just for her.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

have you seen the best bollywood dance scene ever?

http://www.*******world.com/videos/1581767/210477
    jack@ass is the ******** word with an a instead of @
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

my vid is going to kick your vids ass, SLL...

...once it's comes out on the web.

**** text filter even broke my link above.

http://www.myspace.com/*****catdolls

pus@sy is the ***** word with an a instead of @
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

idk if slumdog millionaire can count as an exact bollywood movie. although it was made in india it was missing those key elements that make a bollywood film a bollywood film. well except the absolute end then it turns totally bollywood. loved the film all and all thou.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    idk if slumdog millionaire can count as an exact bollywood movie. although it was made in india it was missing those key elements that make a bollywood film a bollywood film. well except the absolute end then it turns totally bollywood. loved the film all and all thou.
    And to that end, it kind of informs what the impact will be of Bollywood on Hollywood:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movi...ood/index.html

Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

To Hollywood, Slumdog is Bollywood...

...It's very similar to CTHD. In China, CTHD was rejected. Chow Yun Fat and Michelle Yeoh had such thick Cantonese accents that it spoiled the feeling of the film for most Mandarin speakers. It was like watching Shakespeare done with cowboy accents. American audiences weren't sensitive to that. They just saw it as a Hong Kong cinema, even though it really wasn't such in the purest of definitions. You can split hairs about what is Bollywood (and Tollywood, and shouldn't it be Mollywood anyway now?) but Slumdog will be perceived as Hollywood.

OK, end of Slumdog Bollywood rant. On to another Bollywood martial arts starlet, which is really what this thread is all about.
    Asin to master martial arts
    3 Mar 2009, 1207 hrs IST, SUBHASH K JHA

Asin will soon go back to Kerala, just where she came to Bollywood from. But this Best Debutant Actress’ fans needn’t worry at all, for she’s visiting Kerala to learn the art of Kalaripayattu. Asin is all set to share screen space with Japanese star Tadanobu Asano in a cross-culture romance and wants to ensure that she’s well-prepared for it. A Bharat Bala direction, 19th Step will require Asin to engage in martial arts and dance. Says Asin, “I needed to learn Kalaripayattu, the Keralian form of martial arts. Kalaripayattu is considered as the mother of all martial arts.”

Her training is set to begin from April. Glad at the idea of visiting her home-state, Asin says, “I’ll have a group of traditional Kalaripayattu gurus to teach me the ancient art form.” The Indo-Japanese romance will be a Japanese and a Tamil film, and will later be dubbed in Hindi. Telling us about the film, Asin says, “Contrary to rumours, I don’t play a Japanese... I play a traditional Indian girl.”

But isn’t she worried that after a successful Hindi debut, going back to Tamil films is like digging her own grave in Bollywood? Says a defiant Asin, “I’m really not worried about not being seen often in Bollywood. Just because my Hindi film did well doesn’t mean I do only Hindi films. I liked this particular Tamil film, and so I’m doing it. And I must tell you, this Tamil project has been in the pipeline for three years, since I was busy with the Tamil version of Ghajini. Now, Walt Disney is producing the film and we start later this year.”
    Be sure to click the link to Asin's pics if you don't know who she is...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...It's very similar to CTHD. In China, CTHD was rejected. Chow Yun Fat and Michelle Yeoh had such thick Cantonese accents that it spoiled the feeling of the film for most Mandarin speakers. It was like watching Shakespeare done with cowboy accents. American audiences weren't sensitive to that. They just saw it as a Hong Kong cinema, even though it really wasn't such in the purest of definitions. You can split hairs about what is Bollywood (and Tollywood, and shouldn't it be Mollywood anyway now?) but Slumdog will be perceived as Hollywood.

OK, end of Slumdog Bollywood rant. On to another Bollywood martial arts starlet, which is really what this thread is all about.

Be sure to click the link to Asin's pics if you don't know who she is...
    Reminds me of Debra Messing, if she had dark hair and was Indian
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

gene

you havent seen shakespear until you have seen it done on the plantation with souther accents.

sll
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Asin is no Messing

19th Step is sounding better than CC2C.

Nice post yutyeesam. Nice to have you back in the game. Let's see *****cat Dolls do a vid for that theme song!

SLL: you crazy.

Asin learns martial arts for bilingual film
    By ApunKaChoice
    Wed, Mar 04, 2009 12:30 IST

Asin Feisty Asin is set to show her spunky side in an upcoming bilingual film.

In the Indo-Japanese joint production called ‘19th Step’, Asin gets to work with Tamil superstar Kamal Haasan and Japanese actor Tadanobu Asano. Contrary to rumours, Asin won’t play a Japanese girl, but a traditional Indian girl in the film.

And she would soon leave for Kerala to learn the ancient martial art form of Kalaripayattu.

The Ghajini girl, who hails from Kerala, will train under traditional Kalaripayattu gurus to learn the fine points of the martial art.

To be made by Bharat Bala, ‘19th Step’ is a cross-culture romance between a Japanese man and an Indian girl. It will be made in Tamil and Japanese. Produced by Walt Disney, the movie will roll later this year.

Kalaripayattu:
    One of the ancient martial arts of the world, Kalaripayattu originated in Kerala and is practiced mostly in South India. It involves choreographed martial arts sequences, kicks, grappling, and use of weapons.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More on Asin

Asin + Kalarippayattu + Tadanobu Asano + Disney
    Asin to learn martial arts for new film

By Ashraf Padanna
    Thiruvananthapuram: Asin is back in Kerala, her home state, and will soon be busy with Bharath Bala’s multi-lingual The 19th Steps to be shot here later this year.
    She has already started preparations and will be back in Kerala later this month to learn the tricky steps of Kalarippayattu, the state’s traditional martial art that is considered a male bastion.
    Kamal Haasan plays an important role in the film, which also has popular Japanese actor Tadanobu Asano.
    Asin is ecstatic about the project.
    “The film is being produced by Walt Disney and a good portion will be shot in Kerala,” the Kochi girl told reporters here.
    “This is going to be made in Tamil, Japanese and English and shooting will start in the second half of this year. For this I need to learn martial arts because the storyline demands it.”
    In the film, written by M T Vasudevan Nair, the veteran Malayalam scriptwriter and Jnanpit winner, a Samurai warrior tries to master Kalaripayattu; Kamal Haasan plays the role of an Indian martial arts guru.
    Malayalam superstar Mammootty learnt all the 18 steps of Kalarippayattu for Nair’s Oru Vadakkan Veera Gadha and went on to win the national award for the best actor 20 years back.
    The new film deals with the mystical 19th step.
    Asin made her debut in Malayalam film Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Vaka in 2001 when she was just 15 years old. Since then she has acted in both Tamil and Telugu films. She won awards and tasted success in Bollywood with her first Hindi film Ghajini.
    Now living in Mumbai, she says she is selective about roles.
    “I got a few offers from Malayalam but somehow it didn’t work,” she said.
    “I’ll act again in Malayalam if good proposals come my way. Remuneration would not be a problem.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    With all the improvements in choreography and adding the realism element, it's a shame that these things lose their market value:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snJYagxgx5U

And some more Bollywood Femme Fatale action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um5xjK4Rtt8

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Blog Entries
    LOL:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2693sAc***

type in the letters f A g next to each other where the asterisks are.
    High entertainment value! Almost looked like she was doing some sort of southern kung-fu fist!

Gene, got any info on the Malayalam film industry?
    Last edited by yutyeesam; 03-22-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Blog Entries
    Oh, and in case you haven't seen it yet:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrVlBrooxcM

P uss y cat dolls doing Jai Ho

Austin Kung-Fu Academy