Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Creationism--a myth or retardation?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    This clip's for you Lucas. Or anybody that doesn't know Dr. Claw. You can't talk Enter the Dragon without knowing the other half of the story.
    That is why he has another island with snicker-doodle cookies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    This thread appears to be broken. Must have a loose wire or something. The doomaflicker is not rejigging with the whatchamacallits up in the whoesitspanner it seems...
    I helped with derailing! I'm female...it is what I do best!

To get back on topic then:

There clearly was/is a Creation!

It is self-evident!

The question is not whether it occurred or not, but how did it occur, why did it occur, and who and/or what caused it to occur?

Personhood is an inherent quality of creation. We know this for certain because persons exist.

If personhood was not an inherent quality of creation, then something was created out of nothing. That is, personhood would have to have occurred absent any cause. Yet everywhere we see effects have causes and nowhere do we see effects occurring without causes. Therefore, personhood has a cause. If personhood was then created, it must have been created by something possessing the qualities of personhood, for how can something be created by a Creator that has no knowledge or understanding of that which he creates. By conceiving personhood, a Creator creates its presence and qualities within itself, therefore a Creator can be said to be a person, because it possesses the qualities of personhood.

Also, it is impossible for something to come out of nothing because nothing is non-existent. "Nothingness" is an impossibility. Why? Because if "Nothing" existed it would not be "Nothing". It exists, therefore it is "Something". Even if it is nothing more than THAT SOMETHING we call "Nothing".

If "Nothing" existed in a hypothetical reality, you and I would not be here to talk about "Nothing" or personhood or anything else. There is no way to verify "Nothing" because only SOMETHING can verify and once you have SOMETHING there is no NOTHING!

In addition, it is clear that anything that is created requires a creator and THAT creator possesses a mind, for indeed it is mind that is the creative force.

Every machine, art work, utilitarian device, etc. occurred because a mind created it. Your life as you live it is a creation of your mind.

Mind creates. Nothing created by man was created absent a participating mind. So some consider it more likely Creation occurred absent a MIND? It is more likely that something that has already occurred will occur again than something that has never occurred will occur even once.

Since we know our minds create, it is more reasonable to presume there is a Creator, than to presume there is not! Our Minds create actively, robustly and with wild abandon and joy! Everywhere around us we perceive objects whose existence we did not create, therefore it is reasonable to presume something else created what we did not!

To chose to believe otherwise requires more faith and greater foolishness than most religious people present!

Somebody's been experimenting with mind altering substances.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    To get back on topic then:

There clearly was/is a Creation!

It is self-evident!

The question is not whether it occurred or not, but how did it occur, why did it occur, and who and/or what caused it to occur?

Personhood is an inherent quality of creation. We know this for certain because persons exist.

If personhood was not an inherent quality of creation, then something was created out of nothing. That is, personhood would have to have occurred absent any cause. Yet everywhere we see effects have causes and nowhere do we see effects occurring without causes. Therefore, personhood has a cause. If personhood was then created, it must have been created by something possessing the qualities of personhood, for how can something be created by a Creator that has no knowledge or understanding of that which he creates. By conceiving personhood, a Creator creates its presence and qualities within itself, therefore a Creator can be said to be a person, because it possesses the qualities of personhood.

Also, it is impossible for something to come out of nothing because nothing is non-existent. "Nothingness" is an impossibility. Why? Because if "Nothing" existed it would not be "Nothing". It exists, therefore it is "Something". Even if it is nothing more than THAT SOMETHING we call "Nothing".

If "Nothing" existed in a hypothetical reality, you and I would not be here to talk about "Nothing" or personhood or anything else. There is no way to verify "Nothing" because only SOMETHING can verify and once you have SOMETHING there is no NOTHING!

In addition, it is clear that anything that is created requires a creator and THAT creator possesses a mind, for indeed it is mind that is the creative force.

Every machine, art work, utilitarian device, etc. occurred because a mind created it. Your life as you live it is a creation of your mind.

Mind creates. Nothing created by man was created absent a participating mind. So some consider it more likely Creation occurred absent a MIND? It is more likely that something that has already occurred will occur again than something that has never occurred will occur even once.

Since we know our minds create, it is more reasonable to presume there is a Creator, than to presume there is not! Our Minds create actively, robustly and with wild abandon and joy! Everywhere around us we perceive objects whose existence we did not create, therefore it is reasonable to presume something else created what we did not!

To chose to believe otherwise requires more faith and greater foolishness than most religious people present!

Philosophy Major!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    And lots of roads if you care to night cruise for herps.
    so how can you tell which prostitues have herps? do you interview them first?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    You always use the honor system with prostitutes. If you can't trust the person you pay for sex, who can you trust?

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiShellie View Post
    I helped with derailing! I'm female...it is what I do best!
    the white woman is the last trick of the devil.

the black man who refuses the white woman has already entered paradise.
    i only have sex with prostitutes with AIDS. the fear and adrenaline mimics combat, like doing kata on top of a cliff.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-30-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

You always use the honor system with prostitutes.
    I do?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i only have sex with prostitutes with AIDS. the fear and adrenaline mimics combat, like doing kata on top of a cliff.
    i bow to your everlasting wisdom...never under heaven have i seen such bravery
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Nah I learned in undergrad what I would and wouldn't find personally acceptable. I had to cut the heads off of frogs and jab pins into the spinal cord. That's considered the humane way to euthanize them for the type of stuff they were doing. Amphibians as you may know, absorb gases through their skin so hitting them with gas would have damaged the nerve cells (the focus of the test). And since I have an affection for things which hop or slither, I wasn't too fond of that. I personally work with a few human cancerous cell lines that are commercially available. I understand the importance of testing and sometimes you do have to end life to be able to study aspects of it. Its just not something I care to do myself if I can avoid it.

The south does have beautiful nature. There's some good state land near here that is great to go romping through. And lots of roads if you care to night cruise for herps. Which is great because the people f'n suck.
    Yeah, sh1tty situation with the animals. Like you, I agree it can be necessary, but I wouldn't wanna do it. Especially the real mean ones like cosmetics, those are bullsh1t. If it's to cure cancer, cool. I don't see anything inhumane about cutting off a specimens head, I'm sure they die real fast. The inhumane part is everything between their birth/capture and that humane death. I have lived in a cage and it sucks, but I knew I was getting out and when I was getting out. Animals only know they are trapped and feel anxiety. Most wild animals never truly accept captivity and will continue to try to escape if possible. Imagine the stress that gives them and how sh1tty it makes them feel. And they can't even rationalize it like we can, all they know is that something is very wrong and they can't get away from it. It's pretty sad in that respect.

I'm not even going to get in to our food sources. Let's just say that I believe that scientists who study on animals are 100 times more "humane" than any meat farmer. The larger the scale, the worse it gets. Not to mention that animal farming is the cause of like 98% of infectious diseases the ravage our species. And still we pack 40 chickens per square foot cause "we like how it tastes".

For the record, that industry is responsible for the majority of greenhouse gases as well. More than all transportation combined.

Is that bad?

You always use the honor system with prostitutes. If you can't trust the person you pay for sex, who can you trust?
    I do?!?!
    It looks that way to me! Next time you are having sex with a prostitute look around a bit, I'm the guy holding the webcam, broadcasting live!!

It looks that way to me! Next time you are having sex with a prostitute look around a bit, I'm the guy holding the webcam, broadcasting live!!
    The Wh0re//Trick relationship is sacred.

Anyone here actually tagged a hooker? Paid, that is. If it's free, she ain't whorin'.

A good friend of mine found one in Costa Rica that pretty much forced her way in to his wallet. It's funny, coz he isn't the type, but she was persistent enough that he gave in. I've met tons of hookers, never paid for one though. I don't even like strip bars. Over priced, sh1tty booze. I went a few times when I was like 17, not since tho.
    Last edited by Syn7; 08-30-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    The Wh0re//Trick relationship is sacred.

Anyone here actually tagged a hooker? Paid, that is. If it's free, she ain't whorin'.

A good friend of mine found one in Costa Rica that pretty much forced her way in to his wallet. It's funny, coz he isn't the type, but she was persistent enough that he gave in. I've met tons of hookers, never paid for one though. I don't even like strip bars. Over priced, sh1tty booze. I went a few times when I was like 17, not since tho.
    I was stationed with this guy we called the juicy slayer. He would always mess with the Filipina women. He didn't pay though, at least not in the traditional way. They thought he was the greatest cuz he'd take them to Popeye's chicken.

You would be surprised at what some hoes would do for some Popeye's!!!