Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Creationism--a myth or retardation?

OT: Creationism--a myth or retardation?

I think it's retardation.

Your thoughts?

creation is necessary.

like from hydrogen and oxygen and boom you have H2O or water.

boy and girl together you have a baby.

etc etc.

I think evolution is the tool of the great creator.

I also think the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster is that creator.

RAmen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    creation is necessary.

like from hydrogen and oxygen and boom you have H2O or water.

boy and girl together you have a baby.

etc etc.

It's not creation---it's synthesis.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I think evolution is the tool of the great creator.

I also think the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster is that creator.

RAmen!!!
    I have been touched by his noodly appendage, and that's partially the reason I'm kind of short.

You need to Dawn your Pirate Regalia and worship his Noodlieness, asking for height. Your wish will be granted!

I do, and when I practice martial arts, I only use a sai, because it is equally useful as a spaghetti twirling fork.

All hail the FSM!! Arrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    It's not creation---it's synthesis.
    I dodge the bullet of the core of debate.

1. something must come from something else?

2. something may come from nothing?

DNA are nucleic acids.

ok where N and O from?

--

Last edited by SPJ; 10-21-2007 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    I dodge the bullet of the core of debate.

1. something must come from something else?

2. something may come from nothing?

DNA from nucleic acids.

ok where N and O from?

--

1. Yes, although you might as well say that something which comes from something else also interacts with the cause in such a way that the cause itself is changed because of that interaction; so then the cause is changed because of the effect's effect on the cause. It's really a synthetic process. Like when you make a PBJ sandwich. Sometimes you'll get a little jelly in the peanut butter canister, and some PB in the jelly jar.

2. No. Something cannot come from nothing. There is a certain amount of matter/energy in the world--perhaps infinite, perhaps finite. We cannot create or destroy matter/energy. There is always an interaction, perhaps a flux or decrease in one thing, but that reaction will cause the proper flux or decrease in something else.

Personally, I straddle the fence between the two. The closest I get to a clearly cataloged position is the concept of theistic evolution, which despite the moniker, is still a form of creationism.

Reading all this discussion is making me somewhat thirsty though. I'm going to enjoy some perfectly naturally occurring orange juice that was coaxed out of its rind and the flesh of the orange by natural phenomena. Of course, the juice came to my fridge without intervention by some supposed "guy in at an orange juice factory." I will explain how while keeping with the principles of Occam's Razor.

You see, hundreds of days ago, there was an orange, but over a period of time, pressure built up as the citrus became overripe and burst forth in a shower of pulp, seeds, rind and vitamin C-laden nectar.

The explosion shattered some tree the orange was growing on, and along with the ambient moisture, the shattered wood combined to make a sturdy paper-bond which encased the orange juice, and due to highly specific climate conditions, as well as, uhhh... gravity it formed a rectangular shape with a triangular peak, which astoundingly enough can be opened by pulling naturally-occurring flaps at the top. This rare seedless, pulp less specimen was discovered by archaeologists from the Tropicana company several weeks ago, who donated it to the Wal-Mart Museum, where I purchased this artifact for my own study. My findings so far have been good, though I am thinking of studying a specimen with a little bit of the pulp.

I would prove how the bouyancy of petroleum, a lightning-bolt and a conveniently-shaped nearby rock led to the evolution of the plastic cup I am drinking it from, but that would take far longer than I wish to invest in this post.

So let's abandon this talk of a supposed "grove" and "peoples picking fruit" and "machines." The simplest explanation, which I have outlined, is most likely correct. The evidence is there, if only you look for it. <./tongue-in-cheekness>
    Last edited by BlueTravesty; 10-21-2007 at 10:26 AM.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

cjurakpt Guest
    stop Phoenix from rising

ttt

The Ark Encounter.

Kentucky Creationist Museum Will Feature Dragons, Unicorns
    Max Fisher 1,777 Views Dec 28, 2010

Kentucky's state-backed $150 million creationist theme park, The Ark Encounter, will allow visitors to explore a literal interpretation of the Bible's story of Noah and the ark. But pseudonymous liberal Kentucky blogger Media Czech raises two important questions about that interpretation and how it will be manifest in theme park form. First, were there dinosaurs on the original ark? Second, what about unicorns?
    Now, the blogger has found answers to both questions at Answers In Genesis, the official blog of the group behind The Ark Encounter. The group says "yes," to both, which implies that their creationist theme park will include dinosaurs and unicorns on the Ark. Here's Answers In Genesis explaining why dinosaurs were on the Ark, although the group prefers to call them "dragons":

Being land animals, dinosaurs (or dragons of the land) were created on Day Six (Genesis 1:24–31), went aboard Noah’s Ark (Genesis 6:20), and then came off the Ark into the post-Flood world (Genesis 8:16–19). It makes sense that many cultures would have seen these creatures from time to time before they died out.

And here's their position on Biblical unicorns:

The biblical unicorn was a real animal, not an imaginary creature. ... The absence of a unicorn in the modern world should not cause us to doubt its past existence. (Think of the dodo bird. It does not exist today, but we do not doubt that it existed in the past.). ... To think of the biblical unicorn as a fantasy animal is to demean God’s Word, which is true in every detail.

The Kentucky blogger fumes:

Kentucky will now be known as the state whose governor endorsed and gave $40 million in tax breaks to people who want to tell children that science and history explain that a 600 year old man herded dinosaurs, fire-breathing dragons and unicorns onto a big boat 4,000 years ago.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Oivey....*face palm*
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

there's unicorns in the bible??

did they look like this?:

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.