Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: OT: Creationism--a myth or retardation?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    How's that for parental supervision huh!
    ahhh...the good ol' days!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Yeah, I never get sick from bacteria and the like. The only thing my mother ever disinfected was my cuts, and I hated every second of the Dettol. Eat dirt as a kid = Healthy adult. This whole anti-biotic craze is gonna really do some damage down the line. You can already see the evidence. My cuz is a teacher and she says the same kids that are always sick are the same kids who have helicopter parents.

Seriously. Our immune systems don't become strong by non introduction, it's quite the opposite. I never get sick, still will eat questionable things and only wash my hands if they actually get something on them or i use the restroom. And no, Sanjuro, questionable things do not include teh ghey.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Yeah, typically I only clean things that are dirty, or close to it. That goes for things and myself. My teeth are the only part of my body that I am fanatical about cleaning. On a hot summer day I may have three showers, on a nice winter day where I stay inside all day, prolly won't even consider a shower. Unless the woman is coming, but then that doesn't have anything to do with getting clean.

It was only about 13 to 15 feet tall. Not much of a climb. But at 8 years old it was insanity. I was most worried about damaging my cousin and getting in trouble. The scariest part about it was that the ground was treacherous itself. If you fell, it would be bad. Jagged rocks everywhere and calm wasn't a part of her repertoire. How's that for parental supervision huh!
    When my boys were young I taught them to NEVER fall. If you think falling is inevitable, then pick your spot and jump. That way at least you are in control of your body and have some chance of having a lesser injury.......... like not dying!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Seriously. Our immune systems don't become strong by non introduction, it's quite the opposite. I never get sick, still will eat questionable things and only wash my hands if they actually get something on them or i use the restroom. And no, Sanjuro, questionable things do not include teh ghey.
    Tell that to the 3/4th of the Native American population wiped out by smallpox. Or the millions killed by the bubonic plague in Europe.

Yeah, some things you can build a resistance to. Other things simply ****ing kill you.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

So when you watch your kid take his first step, you are beaming with accomplishment and fulfillment? I can dig it. But, how do you know it isn't pride? Very hard to tell from the outside looking in. Only you know for sure, but how many of us are actually honest with ourselves? One in 100,000 maybe? In fact it's our delusions that allow us to continue undamaged, or less damaged.

I agree, by the way. Pride is weakness. I also think it's a weakness we all suffer from far too often. ALL of us.
    I can't be concerned with other peoples perceptions. I have plenty of my own to deal with.

Know thyself.

Why would I sense accomplishment or pride in a developmental stage that most everyone goes through? I didn't take the step, the kid did. lol. The only thing that would prevent that would be a disability. But pride over a child? the child learns, I help, and all goes as it should.

there is no need to have false pride about things that would happen whether you were there or not.

pride is false.
    accomplishment is measurable. Deference to accomplishment or self acknowledgment of ones own accomplishment is good imo.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Tell that to the 3/4th of the Native American population wiped out by smallpox. Or the millions killed by the bubonic plague in Europe.

Yeah, some things you can build a resistance to. Other things simply ****ing kill you.
    well duh capt obvious

That's where vaccinations come in.

Yeah, you make his point for him. Had a proper resistance been built up in their genetic profile small pox wouldn't have been as devastating as it was. Their removal from Euro filth was their downfall when the Euro filth became American filth. It was the Euros resistance that made them able to survive what the natives could not.

As far as bacteria is concerned, there aren't any examples where a resistance is not possible, NONE. And bacteria is what we were talking about.

Even the most harmful chemicals can be resisted. Look at cats like Mithridates, able to drink poison meant to kill him then forcing his would be killer(Laodice, his wife) to drink with him. Only one of them died that day.

Yeah, you make his point for him. Had a proper resistance been built up in their genetic profile small pox wouldn't have been as devastating as it was. Their removal from Euro filth was their downfall when the Euro filth became American filth. It was the Euros resistance that made them able to survive what the natives could not.

As far as bacteria is concerned, there aren't any examples where a resistance is not possible, NONE. And bacteria is what we were talking about.

Even the most harmful chemicals can be resisted. Look at cats like Mithridates, able to drink poison meant to kill him then forcing his would be killer(Laodice, his wife) to drink with him. Only one of them died that day.

Indeed, the body is a wonderful thing. If we do intake poison in small enough amounts, we grow a tolerance for it over time. Hence the last part of your story and in fact, there are many who practice this.

I personally don't avoid much really. I believe as apparently you do too that the more exposure we get, so long as it is not overwhelming, the better off we are. People who live in super clean environments tend to be sick, a lot and they also carry a lot of chemical body burden from the cleaning stuff they use to keep their environment near sterile.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    I dodge the bullet of the core of debate.

1. something must come from something else?

2. something may come from nothing?

DNA are nucleic acids.

ok where N and O from?

--

Ultimately H.

But you're the one derailing the thread. The thread is about creationism - the belief that all organisms were created in-situ by an omnipotent deity, not the cosmological question of what came first.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Wow... just read the dates on the first page of the thread.

Necrothread deluxe.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Wow... just read the dates on the first page of the thread.

Necrothread deluxe.
    Yeah and you'll notice we've also been all over the map, as usual.

The nature of the beast and all.