Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeet Kune Do

Sean Madigan Guest

New Jeet Kune Do Instructional Videos Released

I am happy to announce the release of "Jeet Kune Do; Bruce Lee's Way of the Intercepting Fist" instructional video tape series. This video series is the official video series for BIG JKD.

In it you will find everything you need to get your started on a fantastic training program that will lead to you having an excellient understanding of Bruce Lee's fighting method.

1 - "Basic Tools" - This tape shows all of the basics involved with Bruce's art. The stance (Bi-jong), footwork, punches, kicks, traps, all of the original Chinese terminology, and training drills to develop these tools are taught with both the beginner and advanced students in mind.

2 - "JKD Trapping" - This tape goes into dept on the how, why and most importantly, the when for "Trapping" in Jeet Kune Do. Don Chi Sau, Seong Chi Sau, Punch Pak drill as well as the many other training methods for getting your trapping ready for combat are gone over in fine detail.

3 - "Jun Fan Kickboxing" - This is an excellent tape that covers what is called the 'Kickboxing aspects' of JKD. You will learn a ton of drills that build a sweat and sharpen your basic tools. This tape is a 'MUST HAVE' for any Jeet Kune Do practitioner wanting to learn how train his tools to a razor’s edge..

The "special price" for each tape is $20 plus shipping. Prices will be set to $30 plus shipping very soon. Contact me if you are interested to reserve the $20 price.

BIG Sean Madigan

E-Mail: Straightlead@Yahoo.com

Ian Brewster Guest
    I have seen all of Sean's tapes and they suck!

HAHAHA Just kidding :-)

Here is an unpaid ad for Sean Madigan....

I have yet to see Sean's tapes but I do know he is one the most knowledgable JF/JKD practitioners around. I had the pleasure to train with him and his stand up game is down pat.

BIG JKD is where it's at.....

I have gotten no money for this....though I wish I would :-)

Ian B.

Yo Ian

I'm sure Sean's cheque is in the mail - LOL!!

YODA

Sean Madigan Guest
    Hey Ian,

The check is in the mail!

Oh, by the way folks, you can now order my tapes right from the web site!

www.bigjkd.com
    or
    www.junfanjkd.com

Thanks in advance!

BIG Sean Madigan

Sean Madigan Guest

Must Have Jeet Kune Do Book

Hi All,
    Jeet Kune Do: Bruce Lee's Commentaries on the Martial Way is a must have book if you want to really get a taste of Bruce Lee was doing, and researching in his life time.

An expanded sequel to the bestselling The Tao of Jeet Kune Do, this landmark book will serve as a complete presentation of Bruce Lee's art of Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do. The development of his unique martial art form, its principles, core techniques, lesson plans, and illustrative sketches are presented in Bruce Lee's own words. 100+ illustrations.

click Here --> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...nfanjeetkunedo

If you are interested in Jeet Kune Do, as it as taught by Bruce Lee, then this book is a MUST HAVE!

BIG Sean Madigan
    http://www.junfanjkd.com

Fire-and-Water Guest
    I bought that book a month ago.
    I would recommend it to fans of Bruce Lee and those who have 20 dollars lying around, but you won't find much in there that you don't already know. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Adrian Pak Mei Guest

Jeet Kune Do

Can anybody tell me if this style is taught in England? If so,where?

GinSueDog Guest
    Adrian Pak Mei,
    Yeah, there are a number of instructors there, I believe David Green aka "Yoda" has a school some place in England. He is a pretty cool guy and maybe able to direct you to a instructor if he is too far. Here is his website below.-ED
    http://combatedge.cjb.net/

------------------
    "The grappling arts imply most fights end up on the ground...take them there. The striking arts imply all fights start standing up...keep them there. The mixed martial arts imply any fight can go anywhere...be ready and able to go everywhere."-a mix martial artist

Sean Madigan Guest
    Yo Adrain,

I agree with Gin, you owe it to yourself to look up Dave Green (YODA). He is a great guy, and he knows his stuff.

All the best,

BIG Sean Madigan

Awe shucks guys - blush :-)

Adrian - drop me an email with your location & needs. I'm pretty sure I can sort you out with some useful contacts.

YODA

Adrian Pak Mei Guest
    HI,im from bexley england, any schools nearby.

Hi again

Bob Breen (Full instructor under Guro Dan Inosanto) is opening a new school soon in the Dartford area. Contact him at his London Academy for details (see his sdvert in MA Illustrated).

We have an affiliated group to us in Crawley - depends on how far you are willing to travel.

YODA

Adrian Pak Mei Guest
    thanks yoda, i dont mind travelling,but willing to wait for the opening of the school in the dartford area.I train in dartford.

Yo Adrian

Good news - the Dartford club is OPEN. In fact, Guro Dan Inosanto is there for a 2 day seminar this weekend (1st & 2nd July) so get your ass down there!!!

Details etc are in this months COMBAT magazine!

If you can't make it perhaps you could come down to Crawley - I'm there conducting a seminar also this weekend. Email me if you want details.

YODA http://combatedge.cjb.net

boardin_usa Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adrian Pak Mei:
    Can anybody tell me if this style is taught in England? If so,where?[/quote]

Adrian,
    Glad to see that your interested in learning Bruce's art, just know that they are two or even more versions of JKD going around. Decide which one you want to learn, then find an instructor. That's my advice. I studied a few of Bruce's books before I started seeking an instructor, and after practicing the stance and parries for three months, I finally found what they said was a JKD instructor. He didn't even know the simple a basic rules of JKD, believe it or not, they are basic rules. He was just a boxer wanna be with an organization behind him. So beware. I'm not putting anyone down, I don't know any of the people that have posted a response. I'm just speaking of my own experience.