Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeet Kune Do

rogue Guest
    DaiKaiju, Hee hee hee :D :D :D It is somewhat entertaining.

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
    Louis L'Amour

DaiKaiju Guest

LOL

Yes Rogue it is, You see I have nothing against JKD in any of its forms but I do have a problem with people with a cro-magnon look on Martial Arts. I have been studying Kendo for over 30 years and let me tell you the face of The art has changed badly in the last 15 years or so. You have these people who read a book or go to a so called seminar then they think and act like they know it all. But when you back them in a corner of their own making all you get is hostility and challenges. I wish we were in Feudal Japan so that all these fakes would be weeded out and the true Artists would shine. ;)

That which does not kill you will only make you stronger, and if does kill you, then you sucked to begin with!!

loki Guest
    Hey Ray,

Remember what I told you about an "affinity with swords"?...lol!

NO ROAD IS AS LONG OR FILLED WITH AS MANY OBSTACLES AS THE ONE TRAVELLED BY THE CHINESE BOXER. FEW ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT . THOSE THAT REACH IT'S END ARE EVEN FEWER.

loki Guest
    Mighty quiet around here today..mmmmmmmnnn??? ;)

NO ROAD IS AS LONG OR FILLED WITH AS MANY OBSTACLES AS THE ONE TRAVELLED BY THE CHINESE BOXER. FEW ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT . THOSE THAT REACH IT'S END ARE EVEN FEWER.

rogue Guest
    Shhh, we're looking up stuff in TOJKD.

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
    Louis L'Amour

RAYNYSC Guest

Feudal Japan LOL........

The next thing you'll be telling me is that your name is Jubei & your partners name is Kagero....

Hey Daikaiju Not for nothing but every now & then people may need a reality check form time to time for them to realize ( for example )
    You have as much of a chance of being in Feudal Japan today as I have of bring Bruce Lee back to life!.... :p

By own addmission you have stated that you've studied the traditional art of Kendo for 30 + years.... Really to tell you the truth!.... You sure don't sound like someone who has studied & trained in a traditional art such as Kendo let alone any other traditional art for that matter 30 + years .... :D ( your suspect )

My definition of JKD may not be as clear as I would like, but then again who's is?..... :confused:

Like I said before each of us in our own way may see & understand things differently.... ;)

Remember it can take years for someone to learn how to use there way of fighting.... ( meaning they are a part of it )What most people fail to see is that it takes even longer for someone to make there way of fighting a part of themselves.... ( meaning its a part of them )

There is a difference between the two after all.... :p

RAYNYSC

rogue Guest
    That's exactly the way karate is R. The McDojo denizen will learn a bunch of techniques, but if he fails to make karate (or any art) a part of his life, then he'll probably not be able to use it when he needs it. And as you stated that takes a long time to really achieve.

On the same note, you can't let the arts overwhelm your life either.

Louis L'Amour

DaiKaiju Guest

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Again Raynysc, you show your mastery of the nuances of english.
    I said 'I WISH WE WERE IN FEUDAL JAPAN' it was a wish not a delusion of reality, and for a gentleman who "SOUNDS" like he has voice in JKD, your the last to judge on my accomplishments.
    loki, I do not understand what are you trying to imply. Please elaborate. ;)

That which does not kill you will only make you stronger, and if does kill you, then you sucked to begin with!!

loki Guest
    Hi Daikaiju ( GREAT/BIG MONSTER ).

Forget about what I am trying to imply. Maybe it does not refer to you after all. Allow me to explain. Myself and RAY have been under the impression that you are someone whom we both know and consider to be family. He is also a member of this forum who goes by another handle . We felt that this person was trying to anonomously dis Ray by publicly embarassing him, be it on spite or as a gag. I confronted this person and he swears it is not him. He stated that he was offended and would never do such a thing. At this point I have to believe him and take him for his word. So let me publicly apologize to him for thinking it was you and to you for thinking it was him. :)

Now , on to your ongoing "discussion" with Ray. I know I told you on the other thread that I did not need to stick up for him but I feel , as he is my brother that I have to say a few things. Ray may not be able to explain the definition of JKD to your satisfaction ( even though you yourself say you are not in any way involved with the system )but I can vouch for him in saying that he is involved with it and can take care of himself . I feel this is more important. I've seen many people who can impress you with a well written article or verbally explain theories , techniques , etc. with eloquence but when it comes time to show what they have , they are laughable at best. I can assure you this is not the case with Ray. We are both in our early 30's and we go back to elementary school. We have been involved with the martial arts since our very early teens and have been in "battles" together. I don't mean tournament battles either.
    Anyway, I'm not trying to pat either one of us on the back. My point is simply that you cannot judge someone by what they write sometimes. If that were the case I would have to conclude that your 30 years in the art of Kendo have taught you nothing. Why do I say this? Because I would have to think that someone who is your age and has been involved with an art for so many years, an art which from my understanding really stresses humility and respect would not get on a forum to bash someone he does not know about a system he has nothing to do with. I would think this sort of behaviour would be beneath you. But I should not assume that because I do not know you, right? For all I know you may be one bad mother..or you may not be good enough to beat anybody's mother, I don't know. Either way I always try to show respect even when I disagree with someone. If you learn nothing else in your journey through the martial road, you should learn this. Debate is good but only when both sides are respectful toward one another and are willing to admit that they do not know everything and could actually learn something new from the person you are debating. If you don't learn anything then just go about your business and keep doing your thing. There's enough room here for everyone. Maybe you can come up with an interesting topic you would like to discuss? In case you have'nt noticed this particular thread is one of the more popular ones on the JKD forum so Ray did something right, eh?

Well, take this for what it's worth.

Peace

NO ROAD IS AS LONG OR FILLED WITH AS MANY OBSTACLES AS THE ONE TRAVELLED BY THE CHINESE BOXER. FEW ATTEMPT TO TAKE IT . THOSE THAT REACH IT'S END ARE EVEN FEWER

Gojira Guest

Attn DaiKaiju

Dear Mr. Giant Monster, I happen to be the other person that Loki, suspected of being you. I would have to agree with Loki and Ray when it comes to their knowlegde. I have grown up with both these men and have "battled" with both also. Now while I'm not at par with either I can assure you that they can take care of themselves. And yes I can say then even thought Ray himself at times may not seen to come across well on the written word, he does know what he is talking about. Now I am far from the most humble guy on this board but I'll say this, you are one of the most arrogant of people I have seen on this board. (Other than a shivering, stuttering, inbred, defective lama I could mention)
    Loki was right when he stated that you sir lack the humility of a true martial artist from the age you speak of.
    I have read up on iae-do (sp?) and I was always amazed of the humility that all true swordsmen had in the day.
    If you do study Kendo and the way of the Samurai is your final goal, well I have to say this.....
    You missed.

Bunnies eat radishes, to make babies, thank you. :rolleyes:

DaiKaiju Guest

Hmmmmm

My dear gojira, it looks like you and loki have taken up for poor old defenseless Raynysc. Loki I can understand, but you? Aren't you the troll who badmouthed Sifu Ross and then when he challenged you, you disappeared like a mongrel dog with his tail between his legs.
    I would keep my yap shut if I was you due to the fact you have less crediblity than Raynysc has.
    :rolleyes:

rogue Guest
    Aren't we getting a bit off track? It's a philosophical question that has nothing to do with the effectiveness of JKD, whatever the proper definition of it is. The discussion is supposed to be more fun than something to get worked up over. After all, it's just a name.

Louis L'Amour

loki Guest
    The way I see it, they should just get rid of the name since noone seems to able able to explain it anyway. I think Bruce made reference to this some where did he not?

Gojira Guest

my dear Daikaiju

Sorry I haven't answered quicker, as for my issue with ross, I just went thru a death in my family so that kind of derailed that, but I assure you I will deal with him when time permits.
    As for you, you are seem to be a hostile person with a ax to grind. I have never made myself to be any bigger than I am. Unlike quite a few on this board which I'll spare everyone from naming.
    And there are quite a few on this board that do not like me either, honestly I couldn't care less. If you want to talk trash, fine I can keep up with the best of them, But I think that barking the way you do is nothing but a waste of time.
    Boston huh? hmmmm Delta shuttle right? :eek:

Bunnies eat radishes to make babies, thank you.

RAYNYSC Guest

Ok Daikaiju.....

Since I need to get my facts together as you put it!
    Why don't tell me what these facts are?.....

& while your at it maybe you can tell me how you know so much about JKD,when by your own admission you've stated that you have NO TRAINING in said style.... :D

RAYNYSC