Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another MMA org

Another MMA org

I'm losing track of all the different MMA orgs. What we need is some more. The nice thing is that we can have multiple world champions.

Sibling Sports Announces New Mixed Martial Arts Organization M-1 Global and Names Monte Cox as President and CEO of M-1 Global

http://www.jrj.com  2007年10月22日 19:36 PRNewswire
    【字体:大 中 小】 【页面调色版
    NEW YORK, Oct. 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Sibling Entertainment Group Holdings, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: SIBE - News) ["Sibling Holdings"] announced Sibling Theatricals, Inc. ["Sibling Theatricals"], a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sibling Entertainment Group, Inc., together with Garlin Holdings Limited as Managing Members, have formed Sibling Sports, LLC (a Delaware limited liability company) for the purpose of creating M-1 Global, LLC (a New York limited liability company), a new mixed martial arts organization.

In addition, Monte Cox, a 13-year veteran of the mixed martial arts industry, was named President and CEO of M-1 Global.

Sibling Entertainment Group, Inc. is the company with which Sibling Holdings has previously signed an Agreement of Acquisition and Plan of Reorganization, the closing of which is currently pending. (See "Note to Editor" below for an explanation of Sibling Holdings relationship to Sibling Entertainment Group, Inc.).

"We are excited to announce the formation of Sibling Sports, LLC and our new mixed martial arts organization M-1 Global," said Mitchell Maxwell, President and CEO of Sibling Holdings. "Mixed martial arts is the fastest growing sport in America. It is the boxing of the 21st century. We see our entry into sports entertainment as an integral part of our strategic plan to develop new and unique entertainment products worldwide."

"We have pulled together a world-class group of people to lead our new organization. Our new management team has extensive mixed martial arts experience in Europe, Russia, Asia and the US. We have developed a strategic alliance with SFX Media & Events, one of the premiere sports marketing, event management, and athlete management companies in the world," he said.

"We are thrilled to have a strategic alliance with M-1 Global and the outstanding team that Sibling Sports has put together," said Dennis Spencer, executive vice president of SFX Media and Events.

"We are pleased to announce Monte Cox as our CEO. Monte has been recognized as one of the most influential persons in mixed martial arts in the world today. He is generally considered one of the world''s most successful fight managers, having produced a record seven world champions in the Ultimate Fighting Championship and built an impressive team of nearly 60 world-class competitors," Maxwell said.

Cox said, "I have been involved in mixed martial arts for almost 13 years. While I have been offered many other positions over the years, this is the first one that I have accepted. I am elated to have the opportunity to work with Mitchell Maxwell and the great team of managers he has been able to assemble. We look forward to continuing to move mixed martial arts into the mainstream, not only here in the US, but worldwide."

"We have developed an alliance with M-1 Mix Fight and we are honored to be working with Vadim Finkelchtein, Apy Echteld, and Joost Raimond. They have many years of experience managing fighters and staging events in Europe, Russia, and Asia. Rounding out our new management team are Bob Clark, currently serving as President of Sibling Theatricals, and Brian Patton, a CPA, and business manager for MMA legend Matt Hughes," Cox said.

Note to Editor:

Sibling Holdings previously entered into an Agreement of Acquisition and Plan of Reorganization with Sibling Entertainment Group, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "Sibling").

The above-referenced agreement provides for the acquisition of Sibling''s subsidiaries: Sibling Theatricals, Inc., (STI); Sibling Pictures, Inc., (SPI); Sibling Music Corporation (SMC): and Sibling Properties, Inc., (SPPI).

On February 9, 2007, the shareholders of Sibling Holdings approved the above-referenced agreement, the closing of which is subject to the filing, and effectiveness, of a Form S-4 registration statement with the SEC. The Form S-4 was filed on August 14, 2007 by Sibling Holdings.

About Sibling Entertainment Group, Inc.

Sibling Entertainment Group, Inc., a company filing voluntarily with the SEC as a 1933 Securities Act company, is an entertainment development and production company based in New York City that finances, develops and produces plays and musicals for the live stage, independent feature films and other entertainment projects through four wholly-owned subsidiaries: Sibling Theatricals, Inc., (STI); Sibling Pictures, Inc., (SPI); Sibling Music Corporation (SMC); and Sibling Properties, Inc., (SPPI). We seek to create synergies that will enable each subsidiary to build off of one another''s successes. For more information, access the Sibling website at www.siblingentertainment.biz.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Upheavel in the MMA world.

Yeah, I heard of M-1 from the whole Randy Cotoure quitting the UFC, thing.

Funny thing is, Dana White and Zuffa purchased Pride in order to get all the top competitiors under one roof....a lot of good that did. Now I have to go to one org. to see Fedor fight, another to see Diaz fight, and yet even another to see....
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by AmanuJRY View Post
    Yeah, I heard of M-1 from the whole Randy Cotoure quitting the UFC, thing.

Funny thing is, Dana White and Zuffa purchased Pride in order to get all the top competitiors under one roof....a lot of good that did. Now I have to go to one org. to see Fedor fight, another to see Diaz fight, and yet even another to see....
    there's too many...you gotta go to K1 Legends to see Gomi...M1 to see Fedor...Elite XC to see Diaz and Ninja...I'm going to get dizzy with all the MMA organizations!

I think at this point, the only way to have an objective MMA organization for all competitors is to have it be a non-profit based deal. Like, I don't know.............adding pankration back into the olympics (with modern rules, of course).
    Sapere aude, Justin.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by AmanuJRY View Post
    I think at this point, the only way to have an objective MMA organization for all competitors is to have it be a non-profit based deal. Like, I don't know.............adding pankration back into the olympics (with modern rules, of course).
    Who do you plan to attract with a non-profit deal that, by definition, isn't making anybody any money?
    "My only 'aesthetic' is to be the guy who's NOT lying down on the ground broken." - WaterDragon

You think NON profit means they don't make money? LO!!! what are you still 12 years old?

The Roman Catholic Church is a non-profit organization....
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

If you really think "Pankration" is going to make it into the Olympics, you have no clue about how the Olympics operates or sports in general
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    If you really think "Pankration" is going to make it into the Olympics, you have no clue about how the Olympics operates or sports in general
    By "Pankration", I mean modern mixed martial arts, not Pankration by it's modern rules...for one (using the term "Pankration" because that was the original event name).

For two, I have no idea at all how the Olympics operates. I don't see how 'sports in general fits in'. Either way, I have an opinion, and that counts.

...besides, I din't say I thought Pankration would make it back into the Olympics, I just thik that it should.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeCasebolt View Post
    Who do you plan to attract with a non-profit deal that, by definition, isn't making anybody any money?
    ...and which Olympians are getting paid???
    Sapere aude, Justin.

On a similar note

How many of you will click the ring girls first?

An American Idol for Fighters with a Twist - United Combat Network Makes it Possible

Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) October 23, 2007 -- "The Power of People" is the motto of United Combat Network. People choose the fighters; people match the fighters up and then watch live broadcast of the event on Internet.

United Combat Network brings democratization of the combative sports such as MMA (mixed martial arts) and stand-up Kickboxing to reality. Fighter's career and prize money no longer depend on the promoters and leagues. Now fans are the ones in control, fans have the power.

The United Combat Network's interactive website is an essential tool where fighters and ring girls promote themselves to get a popular vote and a placement in the event.

"The mission of United Combat Network is to connect Fighters and Fans directly, to democratize Martial Arts sports, and to create career opportunities for Martial Arts fighters regardless of their Global location," - says United Combat Network president and CEO Konstantin Selivanov, "Through UCN any fighter, young and old, rich and poor, will get a chance to get in front of our Global audience and prove that he/she is the most talented fighter and that he/she deserves people's vote."

United Combat Network is not a league or a federation and will not require long-term contracts. UCN fighters are free agents; their only obligation to UCN is to participate in the event, if they were chosen by United Combat Network members.

United Combat Network website went live in October 2007 and already has attracted very exciting and promising talent, such as Muay Thai heavyweight champion Samir Seif; unforgettable for his determination, light heavyweight from Senegal, Alpha Oumar Diallo; US welterweight Bobby "The Sicilian Assassin" Friend and East Coast underdog David "The Perfect Storm" Helfant.

About United Combat Network:
    UCN is a Cambridge, Massachusetts based corporation. It was founded in 2007 by Konstantin Selivanov, a Martial Arts veteran of 28 years.

Konstantin Selivanov
    617-510-0835
    www.unitedcombat.net
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Rea, Rea, Rea...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    awwww what's a matter? upset because san da is not in the olympics? its ok its ok
    If a pipe hits you and no one is around, would you make a sound?

having more MMA orgs is a good thing, makes the sport more popular and gives the fighters options where to go and bigger paydays for the big named fighters.
    If a pipe hits you and no one is around, would you make a sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Face2Fist View Post
    awwww what's a matter? upset because san da is not in the olympics? its ok its ok
    San Da, Muay Thai, Sambo, and Savate

all martial arts supported by important, influencial nations
    all martial arts with international federations and world championships
    all martial arts NOT in the Olympics nor ever going to be in the Olympics

In all probability, they will be REMOVING Greco Roman wrestling in the next decade....

IE, Pankaration or MMA have ZERO chance of being Olympic
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....