Thread: 2 Big Pieces of MMA news

2 Big Pieces of MMA news

1) Fedor Emelianenko, arguably the best mma fighter that has come along to date, has signed with a brand new mma promotion called M-1 Global. He fights as a heavyweight.

Awesome news. And he's talking about fighting Randy Couture within this new M-1 venue. (Dana White of UFC totally screwed it up with his d i c k t a t o r i a l ways and has now lost the chance to profit from either fighter).

My guess is that we should also look for Josh Barnett to be signed by M-1 also. He and Fedor have never fought - and many people believe that Barnett would have a better chance of beating Fedor than anyone Fedor has ever fought. (So do I).

Although never count Randy Couture out.

2) Josh Barnett has just put out a new video entitled: HOW TO ATTACK THE GUARD. (Josh is a mma guy who uses catch wrestling as his grappling style).

I kid you not, Dale Frank and Nick Ferror. There are a numbver of threads on the UG (mma.tv) that deal with the nos. 1 & 2 that I've listed on this thread.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 10-24-2007 at 11:45 AM.

Check this out. Josh Barnett's "attack the guard" :

http://www.youtube.com/swf/cps.swf?v...rel=1&border=0

It's really a teaser as it only shows some finishes - but not the setups to take it from caught in guard to attack the guard.

Got to buy the vid for the whole 9 yards.

But here's some more insight as to what he covered on this vid about attacking the guard:

"In this two-hour plus seminar, Josh shares some methods to counter one of the most popular strategies in modern grappling and Mixed Martial Arts - the 'Guard', including instruction on: - Proper Posture - 'Snapping' the Rubber Guard - Bracing - Tripoding to Create Pressure - Striking from the Guard - Leg Locks: Standing Achilles and Half Crab - Toe Holds - and more."
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 10-25-2007 at 08:21 AM.

Vic,

I like Josh as well, but this is old news on the MMA forum, as well, Couture still has a contract with the UFC and White is waiting to talk to him face to face when he gets back from Africa, before and official statement is made.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford