Thread: Kung fu champs win gold

Post Kung fu champs win gold

Kung fu champs win gold
    2007-10-23 15:06:11.000

They’re calling them the magnificent seven.

Seven members from Mississauga’s Hong Yang Taiji Tai Chi class returned home victoriously from the 18th annual Canadian Kung Fu Championships in Markham recently.

Under the tutelage of instructor Sifu Andy Wong, who is a certified instructor of the Chinese Wushu Association in China, all seven members contributed to the haul of 12 medals.

Barby Choi, Catherine Lau and May Ma won gold medals in Group Tai Chi Kung Fu Fan, while Bonny Ma, Simon Yeung and Sik-On Wong took home gold in Group Mixed Style Tai Chi Hand-form.

May Ma added a gold medal in Traditional Yang Style Tai Chi Hand-form and silver in Individual Tai Chi Kung Fu Fan.

Bonny Ma took silver in Individual Traditional Yang's Style Tai Chi Hand-form, while Yeung was second in Individual Mixed Style Tai Chi Hand-form.

Closing out the haul of medals were Lau and Rebecca Wong.

Lau won bronze in Individual Traditional Yang’s Style Tai Chi Hand-form, and Wong placed third in Individual Tai Chi Sabre.

The tournament was organized by the Canadian Chinese Kuo Shu (Martial Arts) Federation.
    Hong Yang Taiji (Tai Chi) class is held on every Saturday morning from 9 a.m. to noon at the Mississauga Chinese Presbyterian Church located at 5230 River Forest Ct. Mississauga.
    http://www.mississauganews.com/article/7864

Did you guys fight at all, and what were the results of the boughts?

You can read can't you? They were forms competitions.

Congratulations to all the winners.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Yes, I can clearly see the only results posted were forms divisions. I would like to see the results of the fight as well.

RD - If I remember correctly I think Joe Keit's been sending some of his students to MMA matches (to fight). Might want to look him up.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I have a similar thread on emptyflower, looks like there is already one Bagua guy who has fought MMA 3 times, and another with Hsing I in his background fighting in December.

http://www.emptyflower.net/forums/in...028&#entry4028

I think the more I dig, the more I am going to find TCMA guys are in MMA fighting all the time, which is a AWESOME thing!
    You're going senile with your spammy bull**** - you just posted the same thing on the other thread... at least it was relevant there.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

RD

did you delte your "CMA is Alive" or whatever it was calle thread?
    Bless you

Yes, I deleted it.

As for the spam comment, I accidentally posted that one here, when it was meant for the other thread. so I reposted it there, and was going to delete this one, but got side tracked by a phone call from a girl that lasted the rest of the nite. I am deleting it now.