Thread: Southern Maryland Kung Fu?

Southern Maryland Kung Fu?

I'm looking for a Sifu in SOMD. The only thing here seems to be Tae Kwon Do.

There are atleast two jow ga schools in Maryland, so if that one isn't close enough, look for others.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

There is probably one somewhere, but I can't recall any kung fu schools in southern MD. You'd probably have a better chance trying to find out if some cook at a local chinese restaurant knows some and would be willing to teach on the side.

In Calvert County, You'll find an excellent group of teachers.

Gary Utterback, Scott Westcamp and Aaron Honeycutt teach kung fu in North Beach thru the Calvert co. parks & rec. program.

All 3 have fought full contact, Scott and Aaron have competed sucessfully in San Shou and Gary was a champ in the full contact NACMAF rules. They have an excellent background of traditional forms mostly northen shaolin with Jow Ga as well and teach weapons, Chi Gung etc.. This were my kungfu brothers and by far one of the most well-rounded CMA teams you'll find.

-Bill Easlick
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

tell gary utterback jason liao says hey and that he owes me a beer. lol