View Poll Results: Will the US Go to War with Iran?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes-I believe it is in the cards

9 47.37%
  • No-I believe it will be avoided

10 52.63%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the US go to War with Iran?

I think we should start by freeing the Canadians from domination by the crown of England. they have been serfs long enough.

Invading Iran is a stupid f@cking idea. Iran can change by itself, and it will if we just handle this stuff smarter. As a country we gave the Administration the benefit of the doubt. We learned our own allies the French and the Germans were on Saddam's payroll. By most rights, we had good reason to invade - but ultimately NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Ron Paul was right on this, but at the time the news ignored him.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    to paraphrase Bruce Lee...
    with poetic license...

"Bombs! Now why doesn't someone take out a Nuclear Bomb,
    and BANG! Settew it?"
    Thats the problem, Bush thinks he is the end times president. He is pushing to get his brain dead scenario out to the nuclear agenda before his term is up. Its sick.

The minute he even mentioned WW3 people were getting panicky about the whole nuclear problem.

Putin is no saint. He is just as evil. He has effectively revived soviet Russia. He wants strife in the middle east just to keep his oil prices up. Because without it his economy and his regime would collapse.

edit: I voted no, the American people and congress do not want another front.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 10-26-2007 at 12:20 PM.

watch this if you have the time

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ariniraq/view/

Why I hope it doesn't happen.

Granted- the whole rest of the world doesn't have the cajonies to fill the US's knickers. But, I don't think our economy can handle another one. Just think before you criticize though- if the US wasn't the US- you'd all be speaking German right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post

Granted- the whole rest of the world doesn't have the cajonies to fill the US's knickers. But, I don't think our economy can handle another one. Just think before you criticize though- if the US wasn't the US- you'd all be speaking German right now.
    That's a rather insulting thing to say to al the countries that lost millions of people fighting the Nazis BEFORE the US got in it.
    But I assume with that little wink you weren't that serious.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post

At least that was a real threat. If bush were president during WW2 we would have attacked Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    At least that was a real threat. If bush were president during WW2 we would have attacked Australia.
    ROTFLMAO !!!

Nice one.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

no- I was being serious

Although I don't agree with how the current administration is going about things- they do actually get things done. I know that Canada really was the major factor in negotiating North Korea's latest nuclear program shutdown...

Seriously- Canada has always involved itself in being a responsible force in global politics- but because of limited resources- it has had limited success. I do know of the disaster at Dunkirk and the price that Canada paid- I also know how involved Agent "Intrepid" (a Canadian) was in building British and American intelligence- broke the enigma code- etc...

But- the US was the deciding factor then- as it is now. We pay for pretty much all your freedom- I for one would rather the US spend more time dealing internally than externally- but whenever we try to ignore the rest of you ungrateful b@stards- the world goes to heck. So big Daddy US has to bail you all out- and my taxes go up- and I have to hear how terrible we are... blah, blah blah, whine whine whine.

We should build a wall... like China... a great wall-

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Since the forum seems a little dead I got curious and decided to take a little poll on what people believe the percentages our that the US will go to War with Iran in the future?
    God I hope not. I really don't care to see the Middle East anymore.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

The Americans have continued the legacy left over from British Imperialism, every now and then they have to stomp on somebody who gets out of hand.
    With a neverending amount of force some of these countries might quiet down, but take the Americans and Canadians and British out of Afghanistan or Iraq, and it is just a matter of time before the country can assert itself against America.
    We have seen this time and time again in Latin America.
    Force is for when you have to use it...not to make others agree with you.

There are three countries (US, China, Russia) with more WMD's than anybody else. It is these countries that need weapons inspectors.

Yes, America helped in WW2, but they only did so rather late in the game.
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Dude, you think you can fight a WAR with what is there ???
    Not a few battles, a major war on mutiple fronts ??
    Yeah, I think RD was dipping into something when he said we had the resources in place to attack another country in that region.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I think maybe neutralizing Syria first might be a good idea if we are planing on going into Iran.....
    ............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-...................``~.,
    .............................,.-...................................-.,
    .........................,/...............................................:,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................\,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:........./
    ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`....... ._/
    ..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......~.,....................`.....} ............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

This is a joke right? Please tell me you're completely blown.

There is no point.

"We" can just bomb the F-ck out of their nuclear facility if it comes to that. Wait until the Russian finish building it, blow it up, then the Russian get to milk Iran for even more money building another one.

Why invade? Our little social reformation experiment has failed in Iraq, there would be no point in starting another one.

I do agree with Royal Dragon, we are aptly poised to kick Iran's @ss. We would only be spread thin, if we didn't abandon our other projects, or if we for some reason we tried to occupy Iran. But there would be not point in doing so. No one is going to just let us just take oil from the middle east.

I say we just abandon the whole thing. Not because it's the smart or right thing to do, but because it would be in MY best interests. Now that I'm in the Air force reserves I'd much rather get to spend my two weeks in Greece.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Both are under US controll
    Are you sure about that? Small portions are but hardly the entire country (either one).

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    edit: I voted no, the American people and congress do not want another front.
    Too bad the American people and Congress don't carry enough weight to force their wishes into reality.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Hopefully this Congress will NOT fund a war against Iran. Hopefully This congress will impede any attempts this IDIOT president will make to start a war with Iran.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I don't know. A lot of things have happened under this administration that I never saw coming If I have to pick one though, I'd say that there's no way Bush would get the funding for another war barring some kind of incredibly stupid move by Iran. Or something cleverly made to look like an Iranian attack (just figured I'd throw a bone to the conspiracy theorists out there ).