Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Iron Buddha Style?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    48

    Iron Buddha Style?

    Hello all,

    I was wondering if anyone has heard of or practices the Iron Buddha Style. One of the few references I have is from two Green Dragon Studios instructional tapes. I was curious to know if anyone can corroborate its existence independent of Green Dragon material.

    Thanks!

    -Blake
    "Gungfu is not just about fighting."

    "Repitition is the mother of skill."

  2. #2
    excuse me, have to go pop some popcorn, I'll be right back
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
    Hello all,

    I was wondering if anyone has heard of or practices the Iron Buddha Style. One of the few references I have is from two Green Dragon Studios instructional tapes. I was curious to know if anyone can corroborate its existence independent of Green Dragon material.

    Thanks!

    -Blake


    I've seen these references:

    http://www.plumpub.com/info/knotebook/boxermei.html

    http://www.geocities.com/costaricacollege/nshaolin.html

    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/maga...hp?article=125

    http://www.bolawkungfu.com/index.php?sec=products

  4. #4
    who cares ??

    it wont work

    there are only masters where there are slaves

    www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu



    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    552
    well let me give u a more serious reply...

    First of all I assume that iron buddha is something similar to Iron Wire..
    in other words a breathing excersize( qi gong/hei gung)..

    What can u expect from learning it ?
    Stopping bullets from penetrating,being invincible...?
    Of course not..its just for health and can make u stronger,you are more resistant
    against illness like the flu etc. its not for fighting or wont teach u fighting..
    If its something like Iron Wire fist

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukarbo View Post
    well let me give u a more serious reply...

    First of all I assume that iron buddha is something similar to Iron Wire..
    in other words a breathing excersize( qi gong/hei gung)..

    What can u expect from learning it ?
    Stopping bullets from penetrating,being invincible...?
    Of course not..its just for health and can make u stronger,you are more resistant
    against illness like the flu etc. its not for fighting or wont teach u fighting..
    If its something like Iron Wire fist

    There are Iron Buddha fighting forms and weapons (staff). They use 'power blocking'...the combination punch/block that is also featured in the Noi Lick Kuen from (southern?) Shaolin.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    who cares ??

    it wont work



    C'mon...aren't you too young for that kind of closed mindedness?

    Where's the enthusiastic optimism of youth?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    There are Iron Buddha fighting forms and weapons (staff). They use 'power blocking'...the combination punch/block that is also featured in the Noi Lick Kuen from (southern?) Shaolin.

    ok so its not similar to iron wire...
    then I cant say anything about this style...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukarbo View Post
    ok so its not similar to iron wire...
    then I cant say anything about this style...


    You were right...there IS a strength set on par with Iron Wire, but also some fighting forms.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Whippany NJ, USA
    Posts
    1,550
    Green Drag-on are stupid idiots that always get the facts about their sets wrong and the mis-label the sets to get more marketing mileage out of them.

    THE REAL STYLE IS called IRON (tiet) LUOHAN, not buddha, and it is From Southern china, and there are a few sets that they practice, it is pretty much almost died out style.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    Green Drag-on are stupid idiots that always get the facts about their sets wrong and the mis-label the sets to get more marketing mileage out of them.

    THE REAL STYLE IS called IRON (tiet) LUOHAN, not buddha, and it is From Southern china, and there are a few sets that they practice, it is pretty much almost died out style.
    And how is LUOHAN usually translated into English?....Buddha. Or a Buddhist equivilant to a saint to be a little clearer, but usually "a Buddha". Lighten up. The Chinese names of forms and styles get translated lots of different ways by different people. Some of the translations aren`t as clear as others, but the main idea is usually there.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Whippany NJ, USA
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosen-frozen View Post
    And how is LUOHAN usually translated into English?....Buddha. Or a Buddhist equivilant to a saint to be a little clearer, but usually "a Buddha". Lighten up. The Chinese names of forms and styles get translated lots of different ways by different people. Some of the translations aren`t as clear as others, but the main idea is usually there.
    No, Luohan is normally in english as Arhat

    Fat or Fut (southern) / Fah (northern) is translated as Buddha.

    South has Iron Luohan style and Fut Gar style.
    North has Buddha Palm style.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Whippany NJ, USA
    Posts
    1,550
    Like GD's Tai Tzu Chang Chuan tapes, there are not this style whatsoever.

    It is tapes of southern CLF type "long fist". Most likely from Freeman Ong.

    It is an entirely different style than any TZ Long Fist.
    Functions, looks, etc completely different.

    the only claim that they hang the "tai zu long fist" name of the sets is because they are generally long fist sets, and so ipso facto, automatically they declared them to be of TZ Chang Quan, when they aren't from any TZ Chang Quan lineage at all, but a southern 5 Animals style lineage.

    That's misleading marketing or just plain ignorance.

    Plus they were done terrible too.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    C'mon...aren't you too young for that kind of closed mindedness?

    Where's the enthusiastic optimism of youth?
    ok fine


    it might work
















    but it wont
    there are only masters where there are slaves

    www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu



    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post

    Luohan is normally in english as Arhat
    and "Arhat" is just as WRONG as "Buddha"

    An arhat is the aspiration of the Hinayana Buddhist tradition, which is NOT the tradition in China (it is the tradition in Thailand, Burma, etc)

    Chinese Buddhism belongs to the Mahayana tradition, where the aspiration is a Boddhisatva. "LO Han" is a Boddhisatva. not an arhat
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •