Thread: composition of a fighter

composition of a fighter

i was thinking about what makes a fighter. what i came up with was a fighter has to have speed, strength, skill , endurance and heart (gameness). but that got me thinking of these what is most important? i mean you could forego speed and use brute strength or vice versa, skill very often wins out over strength alone, if you are strong enough and skilled enough endurance may not be an issue provide you can knock some out, etc. but i am curious if you were to make a recipe of a fighter what how would you divide those ingredients? can you think of other things that should be included?

so i am asking you all to assign a percentage for each of these that represents the importance of each attribute. i am expecting most of you to say 20% for each of them but hoping that i get a little variety and some discussion going.

I still think that technique is number one. Then heart.
    These are things you can ingrain and have with you for a very, very long time and that will not wither as much as things like strength, speed, agility, etc.
    A unique snowflake

didnt we already do this a hundred times?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

did we?
    :filler:

yes.

::filler by-products::

But it is interesting for peopel to share their ideas as we all change over time. Except my opinion is still the same.

I would say that conditioning follows closely behind technique and heart.
    A unique snowflake

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ements+fighter

In case this thread doesnt get the attention it deserves, here is a thread where this is also discussed.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

wow that thread i linked is gold.

Its got posts from John Takeshi

1. Guts / Will / Heart

2. Strength and ability to endure punishment

3. Technique

I think there's an old kungfu saying about this.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    i was thinking about what makes a fighter. what i came up with was a fighter has to have speed, strength, skill , endurance and heart (gameness). but that got me thinking of these what is most important? i mean you could forego speed and use brute strength or vice versa, skill very often wins out over strength alone, if you are strong enough and skilled enough endurance may not be an issue provide you can knock some out, etc. but i am curious if you were to make a recipe of a fighter what how would you divide those ingredients? can you think of other things that should be included?

so i am asking you all to assign a percentage for each of these that represents the importance of each attribute. i am expecting most of you to say 20% for each of them but hoping that i get a little variety and some discussion going.

I've actually started to realize these days that having a killer moustache (no sideburns, no goatee) is actually more important than some would think.
    A unique snowflake