Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The biggest threat or the littlest one?

Blog Entries

The biggest threat or the littlest one?

if you were surrounded by a group of guys intending to cause you some serious harm......what do you do at this point?

Do you choose the biggest threat first and deal with him?

Or, do you deal with the littlest threats first to give more attention to the bigger threat?

and why would you choose this over the other?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Always go after the craziest looking one. I don't care about size. Always go after that glossy-eyed, slightly twitchy guy first. You'll thank me for it later.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Always go after the craziest looking one. I don't care about size. Always go after that glossy-eyed, slightly twitchy guy first. You'll thank me for it later.
    I see your point

Lets assume that I was in the same situation I posted about before. Expect for this time I was stopped and instead of being hit I was out of time and he instead was going to kill me. I'd do my hardest to set an example that is so gross I might gain a chance of getting the others to pause. Something like yanking out his eye and throwing all the while making very loud crazy noises.

My biggest hope of winning with my current strength would be to confuse their sense and hope it's enough to either A. Cause doubt to my enemies forcing them to either flee or doubt their own skills and became somewhat easier for me to defeat. B. Maybe it the pause would be long enough for me to escape. Or C. if you make enough noise someone may hear you and come running.

In short I would try to make my enemies insane by creating a sane person idea of what a really crazy person would be like. All the while using real martial technique. If I am jumped I would be forced to assume that those jumping me are out to kill me and I will act with an attempt to return the favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabemonk View Post
    I see your point

Lets assume that I was in the same situation I posted about before. Expect for this time I was stopped and instead of being hit I was out of time and he instead was going to kill me. I'd do my hardest to set an example that is so gross I might gain a chance of getting the others to pause. Something like yanking out his eye and throwing all the while making very loud crazy noises.

My biggest hope of winning with my current strength would be to confuse their sense and hope it's enough to either A. Cause doubt to my enemies forcing them to either flee or doubt their own skills and became somewhat easier for me to defeat. B. Maybe it the pause would be long enough for me to escape. Or C. if you make enough noise someone may hear you and come running.

In short I would try to make my enemies insane by creating a sane person idea of what a really crazy person would be like. All the while using real martial technique. If I am jumped I would be forced to assume that those jumping me are out to kill me and I will act with an attempt to return the favor.
    I would go for the biggest making sure that if he went down his friends would walk away. Most times you will find that thaking the baddest out of the group means his friends will back down, not always but mostly. Best thing would be to go for the biggest guy take him out quicky and then hold him in a choker and use him as a shield or as an obstruction to the others trying to get to you. I would always try and get away as quickly as possible, live to fight another day. It is difficult no matter how experienced you are to fight multiple people. THe matrix is only a film remember.

I'd go for the biggest while I still have the most energy. Once they see you can fight they're likely to be much more careful as well, so take the worst one out before he knows what's coming.

Here's what one guy did.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6iDlzL7zrNU

Whichever one's blocking your path to get the hell outta there.
    Jack Dempsey: "What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?

It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.

Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile when its bodyweight is set into fast motion."

While you're measuring waist and bicep sizes, they're gonna stomp your head in. Hit the one you immediately feel compelled to hit and RUN.

Sphinx and Osiris are correct.

You aren't going to have time to form a strategy you will simply react to the changing dynamics of the situation. Deal with the most immediate threat and get the hell out of there.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

Quote Originally Posted by hafoc View Post

That guy does a good job....however IF those three guys attaking him bumrushed him all at once, I beleive they would've seriously hurt this man.
    1 Sam. 16:7

Quote Originally Posted by MSphinx View Post
    Whichever one's blocking your path to get the hell outta there.

I'm with him here, when your out numbered like that unless you have an equalizer, and then, it's still in your best interest to RUN!!!!!!!!!
    " not all who wander are lost "

Good Advice

Quote Originally Posted by g-bells View Post
    I'm with him here, when your out numbered like that unless you have an equalizer, and then, it's still in your best interest to RUN!!!!!!!!!
    I with him on this one. I would never try to fight a group of guys. My thoughts are a swift hit to a vital point to the person blocking my path, or a spray of pepper spray then I'm running to my car or the nearest crowded store or mall to call 911.

A Cool Place For Stun Guns, Taser Guns, Or Pepper Spray

Is this a bad Jeff Speakman flick or what?

multiple opponents

I think it depends on what style it is you practice also. like in baguazhang you may antagonize an opponent to move in on you so you can use a throw or the momentum of the opponent to open a pathway for you. i wouldnt even look at the size of the guys, just my best route to escape. now if there's no way out, thats a different story.

Blog Entries
    for me, the SIZE of the guy doesn't matter.......i've seen so many fights where the smaller guy completely owns a big guy. The concept of my thread was "when you are surrounded by a group of people, who would you attack first to get the upper hand?

for me, i may feel take out the biggest threat, not size-wise, but whom you feel has the most potential to cause you harm. with him out of the way, you could either run, or whoop the asses.

see, since i was paralyzed from the waist down, and can no longer run if my life did depend on it, i am now forced to face every and all realities face on now.

so taking out my biggest threat first, sounds more important for me.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better