Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Choy Lee Fut Role Call

Blog Entries

Choy Lee Fut Role Call

okay, im trying to put a list together of the current leading teachers of clf around the world.

for example, we know we have Chan Yong Fa, Fu Hang Ng, and Doc Fai Wong as Major Chan Family teachers.......now whom am i missing in this lineage?

In hung sing, we got, Chui kwong Yuen, my sifu, Fut San Now, Chia Yan Soon in singapore.....paul roberts in japan, now whom am i missing.....

and help me fill in the buk sing blanks as well.

i appreciate any help people can give.

i'm trying to do a good thing here....so CLF people whats up?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

There's a booklet of the 2004 gathering of the "Choy Lee Fut Chui Cheung Kung Fu Students Association" that has a lot of teachers and clubs under that lineage in there.

Buk sing hong kong

SiFu William Wan Tan Wai Buk sing in Hong Kong - he's very good
    Kune Belay Sau

Blog Entries
    dam, i thought more people would chime in..

but i have that one from chui cheung and a few more.....

i'm trying to put together a clip to honor todays leading CLF masters.......

I'd say that you have to include TMW out in San Fran by any measure of 'leading teacher'. Sam Ng to me also seems to be a 'leading teacher', though his school isn't as large as TMW's.

If its Hung Sing that your talking about TMW (Wong Tat Mau) and Sam Ng are not Hung Sing, with all due respect to them.

Some Hung Sing masters Ive met with my sifu are:

Simon Li Cheung Ming in New York, whos a disciple of Jeh Wing Bun, the god-son of Chui Cheung.
    http://www.nyhsk.org/NYHSK.home.htm

Lui Tak Wing in Hong Kong, the son of the late Lui Lit, a senior disciple of Chui Cheung.

Jeung Wai in Hong Kong of the former Thailand HSK, though hes not teaching due to an illness.

Alot more but most are old generations and not teaching nor passing their art on.

Blog Entries
    now thats what im asking.....

mr mokkori......are you proud to be hung?

Quote Originally Posted by mokkori View Post
    If its Hung Sing that your talking about TMW (Wong Tat Mau) and Sam Ng are not Hung Sing, with all due respect to them.
    Yeah, I didn't put down any specific branch because I thought that might be controversial. All I'm saying is that if you're compiling a list of current leading CLF teachers, these guys should be on there.

I think I remember hearing that TMW (and really from what I hear most of LKH) is really sort of a combination of Chan and Hung Sing, right? Maybe he would fit under a miscellaneous/hybrid section.

I didn't realize that the Ng fam wasn't pure Hung Sing. Is it mixed with another family of CLF or what?

Blog Entries
    NG family IS hung sing, just of the Koon Pak hung sing or strong victory......

Quote Originally Posted by Jeong View Post

I think I remember hearing that TMW (and really from what I hear most of LKH) is really sort of a combination of Chan and Hung Sing, right? Maybe he would fit under a miscellaneous/hybrid section.
    I think it was Poon Dik's or Poon Sing's decision to attach the "hung sing" name to his style, and in the past he and his people did so much positive promotion that it was left alone. Feelings are definately different now days, but the damage is done and I doubt anyone would be willing to change the name of the style that was attached so many generations before them... though imho it would be a good idea.

There is no Hung Sing in the LKH branch, and it is not a hybrid style. They simply took the signature opening of the Hung Sing branch and attached it on their Chan Family CLF forms, but they dont have any Hung Sing forms or material other than that.

HSKWarrior: Yes, Im proud to be Hung

My sifu is Sam Ng and we are definitely Hung Sing.

Blog Entries
    roger, which hung sing are you?

Mokkori:

That is interesting as I have never heard that before. I always felt we were mainly hung sing (Chan Koon Pak's) and while I think we don't have much hung sing (jeong yim) in our lineage (LKH) I do believe there is some influence (such as extensive use of chop choy's and fu pow kuen, which has almost a buk sing feel to it). Also only a few forms have the "hung sing" L-pattern hoi jong, whereas most have the straight ahead Chan Family style hoi jong albeit slightly different.

One of Poon Dik's sifu's was Leung Kwai and he studied with both Chan Koon Pak and Jeong Yim, so the influence is there. Most of our sets are definately from the Chan Family side but some of our sets are quite different from their's maybe just a result of time and passing generations.

It's funny years ago I was having dinner with Poon Sing and I asked him about his father and he said that his fathers kung fu came from Chan Koon Pak. Years later Poon Sing's picture was going in the Fut San Kwoon and people were talking Jeong Yim's hung sing, which I never bought into becuase our stuff is very different.

Peace.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 10-24-2007 at 09:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    CLFNOLE

that kinda makes sense when you say you are perhaps the Koon Pak line of hung sing.........at one point Koon Pak may have used jeong yim's hung sing , then changed over to the one used by his lineage today?

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !