Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The KFM fitness challange results thread

Just to fill out the other tail of the bell curve...

Name: I-K
    Height: 194cm (6'4")
    Weight: 105kg (230lb)

Pushups: Palms flat on carpet, feet together on the floor, using strict form; controlling descent all the way down (I have a formerly-smashed elbow which complains otherwise)...

...28 in 60 seconds... oh, the shame.

I had a few more (like, another four, maybe ) in me, but ran out of time... how people manage to cycle through a full pushup in less than a second is beyond me.
    Last edited by I-K; 11-08-2007 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I-K View Post

Pushups: Palms flat on carpet, feet together on the floor, using strict form; controlling descent all the way down (I have a formerly-smashed elbow which complains otherwise)...

I had a few more (like, another four, maybe ) in me, but ran out of time... how people manage to cycle through a full pushup in less than a second is beyond me.
    Its a specificity thing, I have a friend that BP over 400lbs for reps and he can't do more than 50 push ups.
    Why?
    He rarely trains/does push ups other than to warm up and then he does 30 or so.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

try to train pushups fast, maybe only do a set of 5 but do the whole motion quickly, then increase the number! You're young, you'll be able to pull it off in no time!
    Bless you

It also helps if you don't think about it. I always find myself a nice, far away place when taking the APFT.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I can do about 30-35 then I gass, but I am still under a minute. Also it depends on what part of the day. In early morning, I die after like 12. In the evening I will hit my gass point, but can continue on after a short break. I have not tried it, but I think I could do 40 in a minute.

It's allways been a goal of mine to do 100 in 2 minutes.

Interestingly, to professionaly test muscular endurance one needs a metronome. A testee then performs one repitition per second in concert with the metronome until he/she can no longer keep the pace.

This eliminates the "super fast" reps that test little more than how well one can use momentum.

Just an FYI for anyone who cares...

-Blake
    "Gungfu is not just about fighting."

"Repitition is the mother of skill."

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I can do about 30-35 then I gass, but I am still under a minute. Also it depends on what part of the day. In early morning, I die after like 12. In the evening I will hit my gass point, but can continue on after a short break. I have not tried it, but I think I could do 40 in a minute.

It's allways been a goal of mine to do 100 in 2 minutes.

time yourself and give us a number, don't make it hypothetical!
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
    Interestingly, to professionaly test muscular endurance one needs a metronome. A testee ...

-Blake
    hehe he said teste

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    hehe he said teste
    he he, that was cool, he he
    Bless you

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy
    hehe he said teste

he he, that was cool, he he

Ha. I cant believe I got away with that...

-Blake "I will not be censored"
    "Gungfu is not just about fighting."

"Repitition is the mother of skill."

Last year during during an agent screening with the GBI, I did 71 in a minute, vertical fist on the knuckles....but they only counted me for 62, because on 9 of them I didn't hit the little foam pad they put under my chest. I was kind of ****ed, but not really, because I still raped the competition on that one. BTW, I didn't get hte job....LOL......but it's all good, b/c I'd rather go to grad school anyways....

My situps were more impressive, though. I wasn't used to having someone sit on my toes. I've always practiced keeping my feet flat in and in a good unmovable structure, so I've developed a good frame. But on the first one I did, with this dude sitting on my toes, I was moving so fast I friggin' stood up, then had to sit back down and take it slower with a little less enthusiasm, b/c that kills your time. The agent overseeing the process laughed and said: "I don't know what that was, but it was impressive!"

i worked my way up to 76 this june before i started getting the exertion headaches (i think thats in my log actually). they werent timed, but i dont imagine it took longer than a minute. might have been a little over. to be honest my ROM wasnt what id normally accept though ... looking down instead of up. i wanted to get to 100 looking down then look up and start all over with the greater range of motion.
    where's my beer?

Why is everyone posting about crap they've done in the past?? Do it now and post the results!
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    It also helps if you don't think about it. I always find myself a nice, far away place when taking the APFT.
    APFT = Airforce Personnel Fitness Test?

I'm down with the nice-far-away-place sickness all right, but I've found it doesn't always help; my form starts to wonder if I'm not actively checking up on the body parts that are doing the work... it works a treat for isometric exercises, like holding horse stance, iron bridge (my personal favourite ) or stretching, but if an arm or a leg has to move, I find I get better results when I'm consciously or semi-consciously controlling my form... I put it down to having spent so much time out of action recently, on top of not being the athletic type in general (I couldn't do a pushup until I was 16). Just to be able to pump through 30 pushups or 100 sit-ups is still something of a novelty; like my mind doesn't want to miss being ringside for it every time it happens...

Tried it again over the weekend; big Friday night didn't help - only got 26 in a minute, 32 at failure... then I spent Sunday fighting off a bout of stomach flu. I'm writing this while weak as a kitten, but all the retching and dehydration of the past 24 hours have really brought out the definition in my obliques.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree
    try to train pushups fast, maybe only do a set of 5 but do the whole motion quickly, then increase the number! You're young, you'll be able to pull it off in no time!
    *scribble*scribble*scribble* I'll give it a go... there'll be a bit of a mental barrier to get over with the elbow, though...