Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The KFM fitness challange results thread

Squats:

was up to 105 when I realized I was suppose to time it !

Will try again today.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Squats:

was up to 105 when I realized I was suppose to time it !

Will try again today.

just do it again, i did my challange after doing heavy squats!
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    just do it again, i did my challange after doing heavy squats!
    Well. your just a psycho aren't you?

tried doing mine (squats) as part of mma/grappling circuit training the other night (1 min of squats in the middle of 5min rounds) but kept losing count... will probably do on sat or sun...

Pull ups this week
    Bless you

I'll do them today!
    Bless you

15 is the lonliest #

Pull Ups

15 I had to get off the bar a couple times
    Bless you

Squats ( yeah I know, better late than never) - 66 in one minute.
    I also did push ups again because last time I timed myself and didn't have a spotter to time me and in this case I got 76 push-ups instead of 69.

How are we doing pull ups ??
    Palms in or out?
    wide grip or shoulder?
    Dead hangs at the bottom ( 1 second pause) or "momentum" chins ?

How are we doing pull ups ??
    Palms in or out?
    wide grip or shoulder?
    Dead hangs at the bottom ( 1 second pause) or "momentum" chins ?
    Palms out, I did mine a little more than shoulder, but I didn't really think about it, not quite one second pause but not really "momentum" chins, certainly no jumping up, just a consisten all the way down, then all the way up.

I picked palms out because that's the one I'm personally the weakest with, so I figured it would probably be most challanging for everyone. Oh, and my number would be bigger if I counted some of the half reps I did, it has to be a complete rep.

Where is everyone with these? Work off turkey day with some pull ups, tubbies.
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    Palms out, I did mine a little more than shoulder, but I didn't really think about it, not quite one second pause but not really "momentum" chins, certainly no jumping up, just a consisten all the way down, then all the way up.

I picked palms out because that's the one I'm personally the weakest with, so I figured it would probably be most challanging for everyone. Oh, and my number would be bigger if I counted some of the half reps I did, it has to be a complete rep.

Where is everyone with these? Work off turkey day with some pull ups, tubbies.
    I did sixteen with the palm-out grip yesterday (my weakest, too...can't figure out why).
    I did twenty-three with palms-in today. I wasn't going at a competition rate, b/c I just do them every day. But they were usual numbers for me anyways. I'm still impressed by those dudes that do more than a hundred. I know I've got a long ways to go.

All of them Marine style-down to straight arms, up to chin above bar. Legs extended straight out in front like I'm sitting on the floor (good for abs, as well) 'cuz it prevents swimming with the legs, although I do them half-the time with them hanging, bent at the knee. For grip, I either do them with hands right next to each other, or a little beyond shoulder-width. I prefer the close-in grip, but I don't know whether it's easier or harder. I think I get the same numbers, or close to, either way. I'll have to pay attention to that later today when I do some more.

This is the exercise I'm usually pretty good at, b/c I do them every day at a door-span chinup bar near my washer. Anytime I pass it, even if I'm in a rush, I force myself to do as many as I can.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 11-23-2007 at 09:24 AM.

http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/chinups.html

Just in case anyone is curious...

Man, that's impressive. I can pump out 18 or so with supinated grip without much trouble, and quickly, but by then, I'm gassed, and the rest come hard. I never dismount though, and I doubt they do either. Seems like it's beside the point, doesn't it? I don't time them, but I know they're less than a minute.

Started training them 'cuz I was going to become a Marine officer (but couldn't pass the hearing tests, and found out I'm hard of hearing in my left ear---**** that rap music I listened to back in the day!) LOL.....and it became my favorite workout regimen. I've plateaued at low twenties. Getting 50 in a minute is pretty **** impressive.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 11-23-2007 at 10:17 AM.

Some of the best pull-upers and chinners I know are rock climbers, fingertip pull ups and chins are something I am working on now, can only do 15 right now....

Some of the best pull-upers and chinners I know are rock climbers, fingertip pull ups and chins are something I am working on now, can only do 15 right now....
    My bro and I used to work out with a bodybuilder during college. He was pretty huge, but he said the measure of a man's strength is if he can pull his own bodyweight up 20 times in a row (sounds wierd, but it's about ratios, I guess). It was always my goal, and it took a long time to get there, but I got there eventually. But yeah, rock climbers have remarkable core strength. I kind of gave up on the "get as big as I can idea" a long time ago when I realized that's not what I wanted. I'm working on the "get comprehensive core strength" tip, after taking a break from it for a while.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 11-23-2007 at 10:44 AM.