Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rza

Rza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu_xILiH6P0

@ the 4 minute point he talks about yall trip to china and mentions something about being tripped out that general wu may have been a black man...rza black and fell in love with the wu symbol, gets famous and then sees that...i'd be tripped out if i was him and it's true

Any historical info on what he is talking about?...i just found this interview and thought you could help as usual...pz

Hi diego,

That was nice.

Black/African peoples in China and throughout Asia is not news. Some books that address this are:

The African Presence on Early Asia

Black Jade: African Presence in the Ancient East

The Nan-cho Kingdom, Tang China's Southwestern Frontier

Ancient and Modern Britons (Europe is still Asia)

The Ancient Na-Khi Kingdom of Southwest China

Historical fiction:

Water Margin
    (some members of the this group were described as being black; for example, Timely Rain, the leader of this group, and Li Kuei, the Black Tornado)

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 11-07-2007 at 12:37 PM.

Cool man, thanks for the info

Zhen Wu was a god...

... a BLACK god.

Wudang gets it's name from Zhen Wu (perfected warrior). Zhen Wu evolved from an earlier god named Xuan Wu (dark warrior). Xuan Wu dates back to the Han. If you really want the story, check out my old article Zhen Wu: The Dark and Perfected Warrior in our 2002 September/October issue.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

aww yeah represent homeboys!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Of course, this really begs the question...

...what color is god?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...what color is god?
    omnipotently clear or purple
    Bless you

Greetings,

I have to make a correction diego. The books I listed do not specifically answer your inquiry. They speak to the Black/African presence in Asia in such a way that the thought of General Wu being depicted as black would not be a stretch of the imagination.

There was a time when such a question as yours would generate a lot of heat. Times are changing.

mickey

Zhen Wu was part of several quartets

He's one of the four Taoist saints, which include Tianpeng, Tianwu and Yisheng. Tianpeng was also dark, known as a dark marshal. What's more, he had four to six arms. Do you think these Taoist deities might have actually been black aliens from another planet?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Hi Gene,

I never took the depiction of deities with multiple arms literally. I thuoght the addition of arms suggested talents and abilities. There may be an alchemical significance yet to be discovered.

As for coming from another planet. Please have your notebook ready when you view the following. You will be tested:

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Anothe...4633267&sr=8-2

mickey

I almost posted a link to that vid, mickey

The addition of extra limbs, as well as skin colors, are surely symbolic. Or are they? Been keeping up with the news lately?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Hi Gene,

I do agree that the issue of skin colors became symbolic over time and I believe it is due the gradual disappearance of black peoples from the area. Blackness can conceptually mean mysterious, dark, and primordial. Even chaotic fits in with the conceptualization. Can you imagine what the people whose responsibility was to transcribe the books had to deal with over generations?

Were there highly melaninated peoples in China? Most definitely. As early as the Shang dynasty. And possibly earlier than that.

mickey

that was an interesting interview. i wonder who was the one who disagreed with him and called him racist? do you know gene? well anyway he said at the end of the interview he didn;t know if it was real or myth it was just his observation because all the other statues were asian looking and general wu's and his parents were black. i think i would've thought the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    He's one of the four Taoist saints, which include Tianpeng, Tianwu and Yisheng. Tianpeng was also dark, known as a dark marshal. What's more, he had four to six arms. Do you think these Taoist deities might have actually been black aliens from another planet?
    well if you know anything about yacub and the nation of islam...

ttt with a new e-zine piece

Check out RZA on Breath Control, Martial Arts and Being a Student, the final chapter in my RZA interview trilogy.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips