Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Mindset

While we are on the subject of banning people , can we bn hendrik...PLEASE
    Dragged any planes by your nut sac lately H ?

if we are on the subject of ego, is it just wing chun that is sick, as robert says, or is it all arts, all states , all nations, this planet is infected with the ego, not just wing chun, i know wc is roberts specialty that why his focus is there in my opinion.

but maybe the world will forever be this way, bc there is some quote that says once the good starts to overwelm the evil in the world, well, the evil get fired up and start to fight back and so their ranks swell, and start to overwelm the good, and back and forth,

(maybe a little war on terror inuendo in their , think about, i wont)
    Set your mind.
    Refuse to be weak,
    Refuse to be sick,
    Refuse to die.
    Think that you are strong and you are

Quote Originally Posted by eomonroe00 View Post
    if we are on the subject of ego, is it just wing chun that is sick, as robert says, or is it all arts, all states , all nations, this planet is infected with the ego, not just wing chun, i know wc is roberts specialty that why his focus is there in my opinion.

but maybe the world will forever be this way, bc there is some quote that says once the good starts to overwelm the evil in the world, well, the evil get fired up and start to fight back and so their ranks swell, and start to overwelm the good, and back and forth,

(maybe a little war on terror inuendo in their , think about, i wont)

See,

EGo is not the problem. Once One sees it one could delete it as fast as deleting a virus in a computer. Just tap the delete key. we put it in we can take it out with ease.

The matter of Truth is --

How to become AWARE of we need an Identity to communicate, but not taking that Identity as us is the major work.

meaning one must quite one's mind and then one could "see" this. (not think but "see" or "know" without using the mind.)

the whole process could be Analogus with when we saw a color and knows the color at that instant; instead of keep thinking what color is it and unconclusive.

We look and we see. That simple and that is the process.

That simple but that difficult.

Thus, in Zen it said One See's one's buddha nature. It never said One Thinks and speculate one's buddha nature. zenist called Thinks and speculation as False Thoughts. So, that "see" is what some spend a life or many life to get there.

What is Wing Chun Mind Set? In the Yik Kam's SLT kuen Kuit, it said, Collect the Intention and union with the spirit. or as in the Emei 12 Zhuang it said, Thus, Thus non moving is the real Yin and Yang. The Jewels not moving thus applications is limitless.

or as said in Wing Chun saying Quiet the Mind and use the intention.

Wing Chun Mind set is No Mind or silence. as in the kuen kuit says, using Silence to lead the action. The ancestor has give us the answer but we dont realized it. Robert has started to awake so he post what he post.

Thus, Wing Chun is limitless. once one said this is Wing Chun or that is Wing Chun,....every thought is by itself a limitation and rigidly cast dead event; it can never be limitless and alive anymore.

Until one has the kung fu and could arive to that state. whatever one thinks is all wrong.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 11-09-2007 at 05:06 PM.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    ...or as said in Wing Chun saying Quiet the Mind and use the intention...

...Until one has the kung fu and could arive to that state. whatever one thinks is all wrong.
    Hey Hendrik! Have only just seen your post here and was wondering, like a few others, what you're on?!

I'd like to ask 'what is 'intention'? What character/kuit are you referring to here? These sound like personal 'feelings/emotions' to me which are normally experienced in a very early stage of training by simply aligning the body. Although you seem to have added the 'mysterious' to your view.

At the end of the day, for you to 'quiet your mind' needs a complete selfish, and self-indulgent attitude (true Buddhist philosphy?) as you have to cut out everything except the beating of your own heart. And to quote this as 'Zen' teaching is quite funny.

I think you may well benefit from using a more Taoist approach, as no Martial Art IMO needs any religious study to be efficient. Moreover, they just need simple understandings of nature and the human body, all of which can be found in earlier 'ways' and need not be linked to Buddhism in any of its forms...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

In view of recent quibbling--I think Robert is trying to inspire the group to strive for greatness...
    Quite possibly Robert should begin his charity work at home.

A man can be known by both his words and his deeds and since Terence is your handy work then Robert you might want to start practicing what you preach.

Wing chun is the Rose and it's practitioners are either stems or thorns neither to be judged as good or bad but simply parts of the whole.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Tony,

I teach my students WCK and they learn from their experience. WCK is a work in process, one is always developing and perfecting it. My students all express it and I don't try to control them - what they say or what they think. If they ask for my opinion, I tell them.

Terence is older than me - he is an adult and we live in the USA. I do not tell him what to do or control him. He expresses his OWN opinion of things. It is great we live in a country that stresses that. If we were in China, we'd have a different thought and point of view.

The problem is groups tend to a certain way; I just look at people as works in process and they are expressing an opinion at a particular thought in a certain development and time (or as you guys might say time and space), with a certain amount of knowledge. Also I try to look and see from what position a person is thinking and not use labels or judge from an egoic point of view - something that is central to Chan.

Really looking and seeing things - you have "it is what it is". Not defining an identity and labeling who is "right" and who is "wrong", or worse, defining an identity and defending it at all costs.

For the most part, I have no problem with what Terence says, and you should not think I should tell him what to do. Its just like saying that Richard Sifu or Benny Sigung should tell you what to post or not to post.

Peace,

Hey Robert , hows it going ?

Kevin,

Life is great!

How's it going in my old stomping grounds?

Take care!

Robert,

To teach wing chun you should know wing chun. As Terence, is an example of one of your students there is no evidence to support that you yourself are qualified to teach wing chun.

Obviously your Chan is different from others.

A sure sign of ego is placing blame on others. Robert, you know neither me nor my "group". There are times to listen and there are times to talk there are times to talk the talk and there are times to walk the walk you and your students are notorious for talking and not much else.

Your own words became your enemy when you chose to use the term loser mentality you found a label and worse you were willing to run with it. In there lies your chan.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

coooold ! but good for nightime striped bass fishing

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    The problem is groups tend to a certain way; I just look at people as works in process and they are expressing an opinion at a particular thought in a certain development and time (or as you guys might say time and space), with a certain amount of knowledge. Also I try to look and see from what position a person is thinking and not use labels or judge from an egoic point of view - something that is central to Chan.

Really looking and seeing things - you have "it is what it is". Not defining an identity and labeling who is "right" and who is "wrong", or worse, defining an identity and defending it at all costs.

For the most part, I have no problem with what Terence says, and you should not think I should tell him what to do. Its just like saying that Richard Sifu or Benny Sigung should tell you what to post or not to post.
    Robert,

Your criticism of negative WC egos is directed fairly broadly at everyone.

When Tony points out that "charity begins at home", he's not saying you should tell Terence what to post but that it seems you criticize others *before* your own student who happens to be the most negative guy on the forum.

And why is it everyone else's problem? All people are doing are reacting to troll posts and you're saying it's *their* ego problem. I don't see why everyone has to become Zen Buddhists to deal with some d!ckhead's attitude. It's not the social norm.

Self-help books and websites don't change group behaviour. One guy wants to have an argument with everyone so everyone else must disassociate themselves from their own identities and heal...

That's probably not going to work.

Edmund is correct.

Basically, you whine about what goes on here, but when you are reminded (as if that was necessary) of what the biggest source of negativity and divisiveness on the forum is you decide it has nothing to do with you and suggest we all leave it alone too.

You might also ask yourself whether in this case the teacher is not following the student into becoming a self-appointed moral guardian of the forum.

We have way too many of those already, thanks.

You shouldn't (and shouldn't have to) tell T what to do, but the fact that you are ignoring your pet skunk in the room while complaining how smelly it is doesn't encourage anyone to take you seriously.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Wow!

Two very impressive posts, back-to-back. (Edmund & Anerlich)

Couldn't have said it any better.

yeah robert this terence is a ****head