Thread: invisible target

invisible target

okay so i finally watched this after it's been sitting on top of my tv for like two months.

plot:

three cops join forces to take down a gang of robber for defferent reasons, one for his dead fiance who the robbers accidently kill during their robber, another to reclaim his honor after being humilitated by them and the last to avenge his dead brother, who the robbers killed.

this film was good, but not that good. i enjoyed it but felt that it was to much and to long. they had two parkour style chase scenes when just one would've sufficed, while the acting in this film was ace, the action should've been more realistic, benny chan used cgi galore in this film lots of fake explosions(way to much). also the villians in this film were cliche's walking around wearing dark cloths and dark sun glass's its like yes we know your the bad guy. i think benny needs to learn what cool is cause they cetainly were not. the only person to really deliver in terms of martial arts besides the two villians(any on and wu jing) was nick tse, i don;t know why people have so much hate on this guy but he was my favorite character in this movie. some interesting side notes, the tea house scene was shot in jackie chans studio and according to jaycee Fong(jackies son, who actually goes by jaycee fong and not jaycee chan like we call him in the states) is actually his basketball court. while the action in the film was good it just felt like it was compesating for something. i think all these donnie yen films are spoiling me. but i agree with gene they need some new story lines for these films, not the same old same old. step away from infernal affairs ******.

I like (Shawn) Yu Man Lok's character better than (Nicholas) Tze Tin Fung. Many people don't like him becuase he thinks he is too **** cool and some also don't like his crazy wife.

i liked that character as well actually the only person i didn;t like to much was jaycee fong. mainly because his face is to funny to take serious, to bad he favors his dad.

Enter for your chance to win

INVISIBLE TARGET: 2 DISC ULTIMATE EDITION DVD is our latest online sweepstakes. The U.S. DVD release, courtesy of our good friends at Dragon Dynasty, was June 10th. Visit their site now to see a trailer. Contest ends 6:00 p.m. PST on 6/24/08. Good luck everyone (and I don't want to hear any whining from Doug )
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

ok, i won;t whine but i have signed up for this contest gene. i have signed up.......

I enjoyed it.
    RAYNYSC

Oops, I forgot to mention it here...

...we awarded the prizes already.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

yup and once again i got shafted.

I hated this movie. No good one on one fights, and a bunch of stupid drama. I think there were a couple of crying type moments in this movie, but I didn't feel anything for the bad guys. Halfway throuhg the movie I stopped trying to follow the story and I just paid attention to the action. And is the bad guys' backstory ripped off from Flash Point? I should be able to answer that question, but there's no way I'm ever going to watch this movie again.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."