Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Try to never mirror your opponent’s stance.

Red face This is my last post to you…

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesjammer View Post
    Brilliant! Ah, I see it all now. How could I ever have been so wrong.

How I feel, huh?

You make an unfounded criticism of TWC and when asked to support it, you don't.
    My lack of desire to "get along" is based upon attitudes such as yours, where people criticize TWC and GM Cheung, but when asked to be specific, you can't deal.
    So yes, I don't want to get along.
    But I still want to get to the truth.
    Which obviously either you don't or you can't.
    So, even if you don't respond to me, you inability to clearly and accurately respond to Redmond shows one thing.
    You can make assertions, that you have no ability to prove.
    Congratulations, you have just confirmed why I have no desire to get along.

It doesn’t look good dude you need too stop…

Ali Rahim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    It doesn’t look good dude you need too stop…

Ali Rahim.
    You are correct.

I am officially giving up Kung Fu.

You have totally destroyed me.

I am a broken man.

Stating you only stay in one particular area (on the inside in this case) when fighting is dumb. It severly limits your abilities IMO.

The only thing more stupid is having an internet B i t c h i n session about how who is right and who is wrong
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    Stating you only stay in one particular area (on the inside in this case) when fighting is dumb. It severly limits your abilities IMO. . .
    I agree 100%. You don't win with dogma. You win by adaptation.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    The only thing more stupid is having an internet B i t c h i n session about how who is right and who is wrong
    You can lead a horse to water but . . . . . .
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    You can lead a horse to water but . . . . . .

One shouldn’t drink if the water is polluted…

Ali Rahim.

mirror your opponent"S stance

hi master Ali great clip, it that situation, what i would do is step , to the side , and move in as close as possiable ,as relaxed and soft as well so you can use your chi sua as well to much large movement in close can be bad in close. peace russellsherry
    russellsherry

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by russellsherry View Post
    hi master Ali great clip, it that situation, what i would do is step , to the side , and move in as close as possiable ,as relaxed and soft as well so you can use your chi sua as well to much large movement in close can be bad in close. peace russellsherry

Hello russellsherry,

If one step in from the side that’s there prerogative… I have not yet seen someone step to the outside and in all together, and keep someone from holding his or her offensive and defensive structures without a real fight to do so; because one will move his or her feet when in trouble (a instinctive reaction) and will fight back too gain a strong position …

Take away his balance then you’ll take away his guns… As the saying goes, “the closes distance to anything is a straight line”, well too some anyway…

I was taught too use the female triangle (“som-got mah”) or step to the outside only after bridge contact is made and when one takes over ones balance (all tagether); therefore it will be harder for one to use offensive and defensive structures when fighting for their balance, not go outside to take the line and then fight at ones balance (it takes too long)...

Too some it’s hard to do, just as many other posters mentioned here; “fighting in the inside takes more skill”, so why not develop that skill? Why take the cheap way out, now that one knows that size doesn’t make a difference?

Take Care.

Ali Rahim.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 11-23-2007 at 07:33 AM.

Talking

Here are some drills that could help you hone in on the wing chun’s “inside fighting” mentality, attacking the attack with the “mon sao” (asking hands). & “chum” (sinking energy).

Not the say all or be all, but the best way for a smaller guy too stay in the middle
    (just my opinion)…

Here’s my top students from Detroit breaking it down…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15QeVHrCi7s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EebZPiCtybE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGTvPnY1Yyg

Ali Rahim.

Talking

Oh, by the way… The hand that he used to stop the second shot with on clip 3, could have been a “woo da”, “bong lop fon”, “tan da” or what ever (“yut fook yee” one hand traps two or da.), with that there shouldn’t be any reason too go outside, especially by choice…

Ali Rahim.

Wink

This is far as I’m going with this statement… Hey smaller guys listen up; when your opponent makes large steps you make smalls ones when facing him… Just try it for yourselves, no need too reply back, and “you’re welcome” a head of time…

Ali Rahim.

Wink Sorry, I missed this one…

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Or maybe it was just his preferrence to stay there. All this bickering IMO stil doesn't prove the mirrored stance is right or wrong... And not trying to troll by saying this.
    I gave everyone what he or she asked for, but nothing in return…

(someone running the flank with each practitioner standing left or right-handed, with the hands 8 to 10 inches away from each other before flanking and taking someones balance…)

I can assure you that I’m not bickering about anything, like most said: "this is a good discussion", and I really enjoy your posting too…

I don’t cry like the neighborhood drunk man’s wife... Oh, what a sight that she sees, when he’s coming up the street…

Take care,

Ali Rahim.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 11-24-2007 at 08:13 PM.

The music is kind of harsh for a 13-year-old, put his parents say it was cool… but here are some of my top students here in Louisville Kentucky, more to come!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qMSIMr0nac

They will all be featured on my new DVD…

Ali Rahim.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 01-09-2008 at 10:14 AM.

Thumbs up Here Comes Da Big Boss!!!

The music is kind of harsh for a 13-year-old, put his parents say it was cool… but here are some of my top students here in Louisville Kentucky, more to come!!!

Ali Rahim.

HIEYAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
    我听见,我忘记;我看见,我记住;我做,我了解。
    I hear, I forget; I see, I remember; I do, I understand.

Ali Rahim.
    In the stance training portion of the video, the young man is standing on a circular platform. What is underneath the platform?