Thread: Try to never mirror your opponent’s stance.

Threaded View

Try to never mirror your opponent’s stance.

Try to never mirror your opponent’s stance (he’s in a right forward stance and you’re in a left forward stance, or the other way around), its just way to much movement while defending; you will have to do really deep pivoting in order to keep one on your outside… If you’re right-handed, fight right-handed, if your left-handed fight left–handed… But in most wing chun systems they fight dominate hand up front, so adjust accordantly…

Just as I was taught to fight left-handed, but I’m really right handed and can fight both ways very well… I can write with my left and right hand, I guess I was just born that way… I teach all of my left-handed boxers too fight by pivoting deep off the front leg, that keeps one from going to your outside (a common practice for left-handed boxers and for right-handed boxers that are fighting a lefthander)… Here’s some footage on what I’m trying too say…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feLvs4-q6tE

It’s just my opinion and some well-known facts within the fighting game, nothing more…

Ali.

"Wing Chun is a “Mind Set”, which gives tangible meaning to "little ideal". If the mind set is weak then the ideal does not exist".
    Last edited by Ali. R; 11-09-2007 at 11:12 PM.