Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emei Crane

Emei Crane

Does anyone know a good resource for Omei Crane? Vids? Books?

Many sources (including KFM Online articles) cite Emei Shan as a center for crane studies, and my three brown belt crane forms in Shaolin Do supposedly come from the Omei crane......but I can't find any other tangible sources for Emei crane outside of our information. All those outside sources don't point to anything tangible. I can't seem to find much about Emei Crane at all....

So, for all you kungfu scholars, please point the way.

Maybe those brown belt forms didn't come from Omei Mountain. Have you considered that?

From watching Shaolin Do clips online, I don't think you'l find any of them outside of your organization. Not hating, just saying that I think all your forms are unique to your school and your school alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    Maybe those brown belt forms didn't come from Omei Mountain. Have you considered that?

From watching Shaolin Do clips online, I don't think you'l find any of them outside of your organization. Not hating, just saying that I think all your forms are unique to your school and your school alone.
    Of course it's crossed my mind, dude, that's why I'm asking for outside sources. BTW, there are many sites and schools and books (non-Shaolin-Do) that cite Emei Shan as a center for crane studies, but I find it strange I never find any actual Emei Crane forms or info anywhere. Just looking to find what these other schools and books are talking about.

The only crane forms you'll probably find are NOT from Omei mountain. What does that tell you?

You'll find;

Tibetan White Crane
    Fukien White Crane
    Yong Chun White Crane

and a few more.

Are you looking for expert advice to validate the forms that you have learned at Shaolin-Do?

Have you seen ANY forms of Shaolin Do OUTSIDE of the organization? Again..not saying that SD is good or bad. I do think however, that their material has all been developed from within the org.

The only crane forms you'll probably find are NOT from Omei mountain. What does that tell you?

You'll find;

Tibetan White Crane
    Fukien White Crane
    Yong Chun White Crane

and a few more.

Are you looking for expert advice to validate the forms that you have learned at Shaolin-Do?

Have you seen ANY forms of Shaolin Do OUTSIDE of the organization? Again..not saying that SD is good or bad. I do think however, that their material has all been developed from within the org.
    OMG......plants head into hands........

Emei Crane, yes or no. No, not trying to validate.....LOL.......

If you have thoughts on SD, you know where to go. I'm just looking for more info.....

Oh, the inanity of it all....

You can take your head out of your hands now.

Uh, no. No Omei Crane. Do you know why?
    Because there is none?? You learned forms from a style that does not exist?

Go ahead and put your head back in.

It's too bad there isn't a really long thread about Shaolin-Do, I mean, that certainly would be interesting and I'm sure it would be several pages

(/sarcasm)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

You can take your head out of your hands now.

Uh, no. No Omei Crane. Do you know why?
    Because there is none?? You learned forms from a style that does not exist?

Go ahead and put your head back in.
    Okay, so I've just had a spat with a complete dip**** on this subject. You do Tibetan Crane, not Emei. If I have questions about your style, I'll make sure to contact you. Do you hear that silence? Yeah, that's what it means. Anyone else care to pop in?

LOL, I've found numerous references to Emei Crane in old documentaries, from Emei Kung-fu masters from China, and in KFM's online archives.

So, I'll pull my head out of my hands and say, pull your head out of your arse. I'm doing research into the style--not just Shaolin-Do--that's not hte issue, despite the fact you want to make it the issue. If you have nothing to say, then say nothing.

You have nothing to say relevant to the issue. So take the cue.

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.

Look a little harder and you'll find more.

Personally I don’t want to, just thought I was being helpful.
    If you’ve found more information why bother asking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mano Mano View Post
    Personally I don’t want to, just thought I was being helpful.
    If you’ve found more information why bother asking here.

LOL, b/c all the info I have doesn't lead to actual forms you can see. I want to see some, if it indeed exists. If it doesn't, I wonder why so many people associate Emei with crane.

try using the search facility to look through old treads on the wing chun board to see why people associate Emei with crane.

Talking

Are you referring to The Shaolin Grandmasters Text(start bashing...now)?

I do know that they state that those from Emei are masters of Crane and Mantis. Is that what you are referring to?

If it is then I am not too sure that you are going to be able to find much info about it.

If not then I am sure that Emei has some type of Crane considering the fact that they are famous for their animal styles. I don't know if this would help but try You tube. Everyone knows that only true masters post on youtube(sarcasm.)