Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warrior Mook Jong

Warrior Mook Jong

Hey Guys!

Does anyone have any experience and input in regards to the "Warrior" Mook Jong?

http://www.thewarrior.com/warriors/phase1.htm

It looks attractive to me because I have a garage work-out area where space is a premium. This Jong has a unique free-standing base. I like the idea that I could shift it around out of the way when needed.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Keith

Looks like these guys are taking out the UK run competition! Very similar to the Immortal design, which is hard to get hold of these days...

http://www.immortal.co.uk/immortal-dummies.asp

I have to say that I prefer the old 'wooden feel', but many of these modern pieces make superb weaponry aids.

You mean no one here has worked on one of these puppies!?

Keith

Those padded Warrior dummies are amazing. I left one at the school in Detroit. I love it because you can strike it full power with elbows, knees, and punches. I plan on getting another one when I go to Toronto where they're made.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Those padded Warrior dummies are amazing. I left one at the school in Detroit. I love it because you can strike it full power with elbows, knees, and punches. I plan on getting another one when I go to Toronto where they're made.
    I've been contempalting getting one but haven't been able to talk to anyone that hits the **** thing full force, Let me know when you are in my area, we'll get together and chat.
    How would you review the warrior dummy Phil ?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Pagoda Imports

I nknow I've already put a plug in for Immortal, but my favourite supplier in the UK is Pagoda. I've met the owners a few times now and they have been through the wars with their design and delivery system but they generally really care about their products and I believe they deliver to the US also.

Quite reasonably priced too, and the old 'Koo Sang' design if I'm not mistaken...

http://www.pagodaimports.co.uk/
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Hi Phil,

Then I can expect the return of my dummy?????????
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Can I have thoughts on Muk Jong Kong free standing tripod leg dummy (http://www.woodendummy.net/mukjongkong/home.shtml)
    Apparently this company make amazing dummies but im not sure how stable the tripod legs would be

Good for mobility and distance simple strikes...etc drill

For me it is limited for the training because the based of these type of dummy mostly block the way of the foot work.

IE: Cant get close enough for close body. Cant get proper "step in" foot work to issue Jing... basically cant give as "real" position as real life.... IMHO

Thanks, Thats what I thought! Not much use if you can do your foot work, thats the whole point!

If the height cant be adjusted to train your elbow levels as SLT its a waste of time a fixed height dummy is bad, unless you have an adustable floor ......the arms need to be level as well, very important both points are followed or all your previous training goes out the door... you end up offering extending 'levers' rather thana unfied structure attacking in rotation, while keeping elbows n arms working the idea ....attack

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I've been contempalting getting one but haven't been able to talk to anyone that hits the **** thing full force, Let me know when you are in my area, we'll get together and chat.
    How would you review the warrior dummy Phil ?
    Where in Ontario are you? I'll be doing a seminar at Sifu Ryan Kennedy's school in TO Dec. 1. He has two warrior dummies there.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Hi Phil,

Then I can expect the return of my dummy?????????
    Haha, all purchases are final . . . lol
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Haha, all purchases are final . . . lol
    Phil
    Hello Phil,

Look over your shoulder from time to time. Sooner or later I'll be behind you
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Thanks for the feedback Phil. That's what I was hoping someone would be able to tell me!