Thread: wing chun teachers on the east coast?

wing chun teachers on the east coast?

who are some of the best teachers on the east coast, that would be worth moving to a specific city just to be able to train with that teacher?

i am mostly interested in:

North Carolina: Charlotte or Raleigh area
    Georgia: Savannah and Atlanta areas
    Maryland: outside DC or Baltimore
    Virginia: Richmond and VA Beach
    Kentucky: Louisville?

but other suggestions are welcome

thanks.

Frederick MD

I teach CRCA Wing Chun M/W am 9:30- 11:00 and 7:30- 9:15
    Then Sat from 9:30- 12:00
    There is a CRCA/JKD school in Clinton MD
    A CRCA school in Woodbridge VA
    There is a CRCA and A BJJ school South of Fredericksberg (John Simon) by Kings Dominion.
    And a CRCA BJJ school in CT if you want me details plz shoot me a line
    Don Berry

Some Opportunities

Not inferring best teacher in any way. JUst opportunities to train w/ us

School in Yorktown, Virginia

Hi,

I train with Sifu Tony Massengill in Yorktown Virginia. He is the Senior U.S. disciple of Samuel Kwok under the Ip Family lineage. His web site is
    www.massmartialarts.com
    His school is the U.S. Headquarters of the Traditional Ip Man Wing Chun Association. The association web site is
    www.ipmanwingchun.com

Sifu has been involved in the Martial Arts for 40+ years and in Wing chun since 1979.
    He is the co-author of "Mastering Wing Chun - The keys to Ip Man's Kung Fu" which he co-authored with Samuel Kwok, and the book has forewords written by both of Ip Man's sons, Ip Chun and Ip Ching.

I am sure there are many good instructors out here, but Sifu Massengill is worth checking out if you are looking in the state of Virginia.

Good Luck

-IG
    Last edited by Indian Giver; 11-12-2007 at 08:10 PM.

Tony Massengill

I'm from Texas and I travel to Virginia to specifically train with my Sifu, Tony Massengill. My friend recently sold his house, quit his job,etc...just move to the yorktown, VA area to train with sifu Tony.

I actually left another widely known WC organization to train with Sifu Tony. He's recently co-authored a book with SiGung Samuel Kwok which was highly endorsed by Ip Chun and Ip Ching. Sifu shares in that rich lineage having access to the knowledge of BOTH OF IP MAN'S Sons which is down right amazing!!!! Hat's off to Samuel Kwok as not many have been able to say that they were disciples of Ip Chun AND Ip Ching!

If you're strongly considering a move, then you want to train with Sifu Tony Massengill. Here's his website www.massmartialarts.com. Get in touch with him and I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Moses

I would highly recommend Sifu Gorden Lu in Virginia Beach (http://www.gordenlu.com).

To my understanding, he knows two complete systems which are very different: short-bridge approach from his father Sifu Lo Man Kam; and the long-bridge approach from Sifu Duncan Leung. He integrates the chi sao skills that his father emphasizes with the application and physical training approach that Sifu Duncan focuses on.
    JK-
    "Sex on TV doesn't hurt unless you fall off."

Louisville Wing Chun

我听见,我忘记;我看见,我记住;我做,我了解。
    I hear, I forget; I see, I remember; I do, I understand.